Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beliskner
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
    For the life of me I can't get the timing of hitting the Ball up the Crime Ramp with the upper Left Flipper.
    Try doing a very tight shot with the right flipper so the ball goes in the right center orbit at a fairly slow pace. That's the most comfortable way to get a shot at the ramp. Still not easy though.

Comment

• DA5ID
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Beliskner
      Try doing a very tight shot with the right flipper so the ball goes in the right center orbit at a fairly slow pace. That's the most comfortable way to get a shot at the ramp. Still not easy though.
      Yeah it takes practice - slowing the loop shot is key. As soon as you make it you can go for repeated loops - this activates "the crims" hurry up.

So normal skill shot = 500,000
      Super skill shot = 3,000,000
      And I found a hidden skill shot at almost the top of the right playfield that is worth 1,000,000

Also I finally made a successful Cassie save (left outlane) - it's a challenge to say the least
      Last edited by DA5ID; 07-16-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Captain B. Zarre
        • Dec 2013

So I assume completion of the Multiball Modes is to score a Super Jackpot?

Only had a brief couple of games, lit some of the Modes so I must of somehow completed them. Overall I'm liking the flow of the Table.

For the life of me I can't get the timing of hitting the Ball up the Crime Ramp with the upper Left Flipper.
        Actually, you don't even need to collect a Super Jackpot during each Multiball - you just have to start them to achieve completion (similar to how the Multiball objective acted in Venom).

Guess I'll post the completion credit for each mission so you don't have to. Note that credit can't be carried over from mission to mission (for instance, if you have completed 3 shots during Sparring, you'd fail and have to make 5 shots the next time). Collecting the Pym Capsules from completing the back targets will allow to spot a value during Police Chase, The Crims, and Mischief. Timers for these aforementioned modes stop if Army of Ants or Yellowjacket Multiball is activated during them. You can also extend the timer during a hurry-up by shooting the left or right inner loop.

- Sparring: Complete 5 shots using the Cannon.
        - Police Chase: Complete 4 left or right orbit shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each orbit is worth the value of the final hurry-up shot you made.
        - The Crims: Complete 3 shots to the side ramp. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each side ramp is worth 3 million points.
        - Mischief: Collect the hurry-up values at all the major shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each major shot is worth the value of the final hurry-up collected.

Note that it is possible to combo the side ramp after shooting it. The game encourages this, as shooting it two times in a row will award an instant 2 million. Hopefully this'll help you activate and complete The Crims faster.
        Completed Tables:
        Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
        PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
        PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Comment

• skyway73
          • Jun 2012

I save my Pym capsules to use on The Crims Hurry up, makes life easier

Anyone managed an Extra Ball combo?...

Comment

• hunter328
            Pinball Wizard
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by tenorhero
            Well thanks for that. Couldn't get the specifics. All I know is that the balancing is so out of whack and the MB are fairly easy to start IMO.
            What are the X lanes?
            sigpic

Comment

• skyway73
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by hunter328
              What are the X lanes?
              They are the roll-overs marked with an X, 4 at the bottom (inlanes and outlanes) and 2 at the top above the bumpers.

An unusual feature is that they can be cycled by hitting the flippers but act as if the 6 are connected and not a separate 2 and 4. By that I mean if say you only have 1 lit you will need to hit the flipper 6 times to cycle it right round to where it started.

Also, managed to finally earn an Extra Ball by hitting a 5 way combo. Uploaded a video below, it's not the cleanest and I expect there are different combinations of ramps/loops which would also work.

Last edited by skyway73; 07-17-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                Writer of Guides
                • Apr 2011

Thanks for all the info guys, I and the Community
                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• NerfHerder
                  Pinball Fan
                  • Jul 2015

PYM Capsules

I'm
                  Originally posted by Captain B. Zarre
                  Actually, you don't even need to collect a Super Jackpot during each Multiball - you just have to start them to achieve completion (similar to how the Multiball objective acted in Venom).

Guess I'll post the completion credit for each mission so you don't have to. Note that credit can't be carried over from mission to mission (for instance, if you have completed 3 shots during Sparring, you'd fail and have to make 5 shots the next time). Collecting the Pym Capsules from completing the back targets will allow to spot a value during Police Chase, The Crims, and Mischief. Timers for these aforementioned modes stop if Army of Ants or Yellowjacket Multiball is activated during them. You can also extend the timer during a hurry-up by shooting the left or right inner loop.

- Sparring: Complete 5 shots using the Cannon.
                  - Police Chase: Complete 4 left or right orbit shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each orbit is worth the value of the final hurry-up shot you made.
                  - The Crims: Complete 3 shots to the side ramp. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each side ramp is worth 3 million points.
                  - Mischief: Collect the hurry-up values at all the major shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each major shot is worth the value of the final hurry-up collected.

Note that it is possible to combo the side ramp after shooting it. The game encourages this, as shooting it two times in a row will award an instant 2 million. Hopefully this'll help you activate and complete The Crims faster.
                  You mentioned Pym Capsules ... I know what they do, they are similar to the missiles on the Boba Fett table, but I haven't figured out how to obtain them on a regular basis. Does it have to do with hitting the blue orb into the targets behind it? Am I spelling PYM somewhere? I too have been having a lot of trouble with hitting the side ramp. My timing is always off. The Crims Hurry Up is the only thing keeping me out of the wizard mode and I'm guessing that having a stash of Pym capsules can help.

Comment

• NerfHerder
                    Pinball Fan
                    • Jul 2015

Extra Ball with Underfoot and Multiball

Originally posted by skyway73
                    They are the roll-overs marked with an X, 4 at the bottom (inlanes and outlanes) and 2 at the top above the bumpers.

An unusual feature is that they can be cycled by hitting the flippers but act as if the 6 are connected and not a separate 2 and 4. By that I mean if say you only have 1 lit you will need to hit the flipper 6 times to cycle it right round to where it started.

Also, managed to finally earn an Extra Ball by hitting a 5 way combo. Uploaded a video below, it's not the cleanest and I expect there are different combinations of ramps/loops which would also work.

I have been able to achieve an extra ball by putting multiple balls into the Underfoot Mini Playfield during multiballs. The Shrink one works well because that Blue ball bounces around like crazy and stays in there. I think you need 20 hits for the Extra Ball to light up.

Comment

• Dicepticon79
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by NerfHerder
                      I'm
                      My timing is always off. The Crims Hurry Up is the only thing keeping me out of the wizard mode and I'm guessing that having a stash of Pym capsules can help.
                      If you hit the rightside sparringlane backhand with the right flipper, the ball wont be to fast onthe upper flipper.

Some crazy things happened to me on Ant Man, if you do some comboshots the Ant MB lock gets lit for some seconds,
                      I missed the Jumpramp, ball gets captured above it and Sparring Hope starts without Sparring beeing spelled,
                      I achieved some real crazy Multiball-Superjackpot scores , like 390 millions for 1 Superjackpot durring Yellowjacket MBall,190,110 millions in
                      other Multiballs, are some of those things broken ?

Comment

• Beliskner
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Dicepticon79
                        If you hit the rightside sparringlane backhand with the right flipper, the ball wont be to fast onthe upper flipper.

Some crazy things happened to me on Ant Man, if you do some comboshots the Ant MB lock gets lit for some seconds,
                        I missed the Jumpramp, ball gets captured above it and Sparring Hope starts without Sparring beeing spelled,
                        I achieved some real crazy Multiball-Superjackpot scores , like 390 millions for 1 Superjackpot durring Yellowjacket MBall,190,110 millions in
                        other Multiballs, are some of those things broken ?
                        1. Said that three days ago
                        2. The lock for Ant-Man lock gets activated if you get three consecutive shots around the right orbit and have the ball go fast enough to reach the back ramp every time. I don't think any combination of combos opens the lock.
                        3. There is a hidden sinkhole right where the far right loop starts that starts Sparring. It can only be hit with a weak shot to the far right orbit which is mostly random. Lighting all the Sparring lights will only activate some sort of capture on the far right orbit so the ball goes into that sinkhole with any shot.
                        4. Don't think they're broken. When I had more than one multiball going and kept them alive for a good while the jackpots and super jackpots went crazy as well. I don't know how exactly they work but I also had super jackpots of over 100 million before.

Comment

• skyway73
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Beliskner
                          1. Said that three days ago
                          2. The lock for Ant-Man lock gets activated if you get three consecutive shots around the right orbit and have the ball go fast enough to reach the back ramp every time. I don't think any combination of combos opens the lock.
                          3. There is a hidden sinkhole right where the far right loop starts that starts Sparring. It can only be hit with a weak shot to the far right orbit which is mostly random. Lighting all the Sparring lights will only activate some sort of capture on the far right orbit so the ball goes into that sinkhole with any shot.
                          4. Don't think they're broken. When I had more than one multiball going and kept them alive for a good while the jackpots and super jackpots went crazy as well. I don't know how exactly they work but I also had super jackpots of over 100 million before.
                          Beliskner has all that info spot on I think, personally I find hitting the centre orbit off the left flipper just as reliable as using the right back-handed, you have to be ready to hit upper ramp very quickly though!

I've landed in that hole with a miss-hit jump shot several times to immediately start the Sparring mode too.

As for the Multiball scores it depends what you mean by 'broken' I'm pretty sure there isn't any glitch or bug going on, if you manage to hit all the roll-overs etc. to increase the jackpots then some huge scores are available. I've read some complaints about unbalanced scoring but I'm not complaining about this myself, it's the same for us all and while you can just play for multiballs there is enough incentive to complete all the Hurry ups and Wizard mode to keep things interesting. And the Multiballs are a lot of fun anyway!

I want to play it some more before I post back here and bore everyone with my overall thoughts on the whole table

Comment

• Captain B. Zarre
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by NerfHerder
                            I'm

You mentioned Pym Capsules ... I know what they do, they are similar to the missiles on the Boba Fett table, but I haven't figured out how to obtain them on a regular basis. Does it have to do with hitting the blue orb into the targets behind it? Am I spelling PYM somewhere? I too have been having a lot of trouble with hitting the side ramp. My timing is always off. The Crims Hurry Up is the only thing keeping me out of the wizard mode and I'm guessing that having a stash of Pym capsules can help.
                            You have to shoot the targets behind the Pym ball using the normal steel ball. There's five of them, and completing them all will earn you a Pym capsule. And yes, these may help you out a ton during The Crims.
                            Completed Tables:
                            Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
                            PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
                            PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                              Writer of Guides
                              • Apr 2011

Li' Help?

Anyone know the bonus for collecting all of the Ants in the correct order?

Also has anyone attained the Hidden Skill Shot yet? for the life of me I can't find it.
                              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• DA5ID
                                • Dec 2014

Anyone know the bonus for collecting all of the Ants in the correct order?

Also has anyone attained the Hidden Skill Shot yet? for the life of me I can't find it.
                                Hidden skillshot can be hit fairly consistently - it's a soft plunge to the top right of the playfield. It is right bellow the top most red lane arrows. The shot is worth 1 million

Comment

Working...