Results 1 to 67 of 67

Thread: Ant-Man Pinball

  1. #1

    Default Ant-Man Pinball

    Announcing Marvel’s Ant-Man Pinball releasing the week of July 14th!

  2. #2
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Looking sweet, seeing the Movie and having the Table released so close to it will make the experience all the more enjoyable for me, and I'm sure for everyone else.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  3. #3
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Can't wait!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Looks very unique and interesting. Not too fond of the Ant-Man character but you can't like them all I guess .
    Excited to see what this table has in store for us

  5. #5
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post

    Excited to see what this table has in store for us
    This table is going to shrink your balls!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    This table is going to shrink your balls!
    I was expecting lots of jokes and puns with "small", "little" and "shrunk". I was fearing the ball connection lol

  7. #7
    Member Cathaeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Looks very similiar to the Captain America table.
    Table wishlist: Tremors, Regular Show, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, Hack/Slash.
    Loki (More villians)
    Moon Knight - werewolves story arc
    Brainscan - Trickster theme.
    Critters, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Gremlins, Chucky.
    SAW (billy doll)
    B-movie horror/monsters.
    My Babysitters a Vampire, MONSTER HUNTER, Darkstalkers, Chocobos, Goosebumps.
    Fullmoon Studios themes (i.e. Puppet Master, Subspecies, KillJoy, Gingerdead Man, Trancers)

    Yeah I don't want much do I? >.>

  8. #8
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Looking forward to it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Ooo, looks nice! Shrinking pinballs?? Wonder how that will work, can't wait to see. I spotted a ramp/jump which looks like it'll pop up on the right, that looks fun. Seems like we will hit that large glowing ball at the back too, nice. It's not obvious (to me anyway) what we'll be aiming at off the top flipper? I'm sure it'll all become clearer.

    I personally don't see much likeness to the Captain America table?

  10. #10
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    It's not obvious (to me anyway) what we'll be aiming at off the top flipper?
    There's a top ramp that is behind the magnify glass. I only notice it because of the lane arrow.

  11. #11
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    There's a top ramp that is behind the magnify glass. I only notice it because of the lane arrow.
    Ah yes! I see it now, thanks for that. Looks like it feeds directly back to that top flipper, hopefully there's some consecutive loop incentive, I love that kind of shot.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Default

    This table looks very cool and I love Ant-Man! Very much looking forward to it.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

  13. #13

    Default

    I think the marvel cow gave enough milk. At least in the cinema. Every week a new marvel movie. Come on. It's so interchangeable.
    Maybe we are just not that much into comics in Europe.

    Still interested in any new table.
    More originals please.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpad View Post
    I think the marvel cow gave enough milk. At least in the cinema. Every week a new marvel movie. Come on. It's so interchangeable.
    Maybe we are just not that much into comics in Europe.

    Still interested in any new table.
    More originals please.
    Marvel is an American company but Zen Studios is a European (Hungary) company. But many of us have mentioned that we are tired of Marvel themes. There was hopeful talk about moving away from Marvel last year but I think that just meant they had more star wars tables to release and that Marvel would simply be on the back burner for a short period. I don't think there is any chance that Zen will stop doing Marvel tables. And the movie tie-ins are becoming a regular thing with Ant Man, Avenger 1 and 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I am sure they sell better than originals because Marvel tables make up around half of their entire library. I think those who are pinball fans but dislike comics have to just accept that Marvel tables are here to stay.

  15. #15
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    In all honesty the Tables Theme is surplus to the Gameplay. As long as the Gameplay is fun, I will always keep coming back and playing these Tables. Marvel is a big name with the masses now, I myself am a fan of the genre so I'm not what you would call impartial to the debate.

    Blade is a Marvel Table, and to this date is one of the best Digital Pinball Tables I have ever had the pleasure of playing. Then you have Moon Knight, and Fear Itself. Of course there are others but those really scream to me.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  16. #16

    Default

    Yeah if it helps to make good tables, whatever...
    Still wish there were more tables like epic quest etc.
    And, pinball unrelated, I want more room for good movies in the cinema.
    Mad max fury road was so cool, full of action, and minmal cgi. Way better than avengers, where I almost fell asleep.
    Fury road would also be a great theme for a table

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Looking forward to the release of this table tomorrow!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

  18. #18
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Played a couple games already and it's definitely the best Marvel table in a while (not saying the others were bad but this one stands out). Some things I can say already:
    Positives:
    + Creative Multiball modes
    + Stackable modes galore (I think you can stack all the main modes except for Sparring?) can give you insane amounts of points
    + Risk/Reward wizard modes are awesome. Keeping the game going as long as possible before entering wizard mode can boost those jackpots like crazy which I really enjoy
    + The glowing ball during the shrink multiball is great fun
    + Overall very comfortable design as most of the posts and targets next to the ramps don't send the ball flying god knows where
    + I was sceptical when I first saw the balloon at the top as I remember in the Pinball Arcade the table Circus Voltaire had a similar thing going on and it was ruining my games all the time. This one doesn't which is nice

    Negatives:
    - Main modes are too bland for my taste (aside from Sparring which is cool). I think there was more potential here.
    - The left "kick back" is frustrating as hell. I don't know if there's some rhythm that you can get consistent at but I have better chances with the bang back than getting the ball out of that thing.
    - The ramp that comes up when you have to lock a ball for Yellowjacket MB can get in the way quite a bit if you're playing any other mode. Again not a huge deal but that ramp did deny me some 10M shots during the Chase mode.


    Overall: This is a great one. The flow is rarely disrupted and there's always stuff to do and modes to stack for insane action on the table. I'm not very familar with the Ant-Man character and his stories so I don't know if anything was missed or if Zen got anything wrong here. Whatever the case I'm sure most people will enjoy this one as much as I did. Especially the people who love going for high scores as this is a very high scoring table. I put up a score of 1,123M for now and I feel like that's quite low still. This could easily be pushed to 25,000M+ by the big guns

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Played a couple games already and it's definitely the best Marvel table in a while (not saying the others were bad but this one stands out
    How can you play this table already ? On an US- account ? As it is not out in Europe yet and will be published tommorow, won´t it ?

  20. #20

    Default

    We have a new trailer to celebrate the release of Marvel’s Ant-Man Pinball, coming this week! Check it out here on our YouTube channel, and don’t forget to subscribe!

  21. #21
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    @heinz: I won the Portal tournament on the PS3 so I got a code for the table. Stuff usually gets added to the store many days in advance but isn't visible until the update

  22. #22

    Default

    The Ant-Man table is live on PSN in North America! PSN SCEE tomorrow as usual

  23. #23
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Trying to buy Antman for PS4 after getting it on Vita but store says it's already installed on my PS4, no download option, and import finds nothing in game.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Trying to buy Antman for PS4 after getting it on Vita but store says it's already installed on my PS4, no download option, and import finds nothing in game.
    Go into your PS4 settings and try doing a license restore.

  25. #25
    Member Cathaeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I woke at 2am in the morning july 15th, and saw that it was available on the australian psn. which is weird, they usually update it near midnight, on wednesday.
    Table wishlist: Tremors, Regular Show, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Ren & Stimpy, Futurama, Hack/Slash.
    Loki (More villians)
    Moon Knight - werewolves story arc
    Brainscan - Trickster theme.
    Critters, Tucker and Dale Vs Evil, Gremlins, Chucky.
    SAW (billy doll)
    B-movie horror/monsters.
    My Babysitters a Vampire, MONSTER HUNTER, Darkstalkers, Chocobos, Goosebumps.
    Fullmoon Studios themes (i.e. Puppet Master, Subspecies, KillJoy, Gingerdead Man, Trancers)

    Yeah I don't want much do I? >.>

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The Ant-Man table is live on PSN in North America! PSN SCEE tomorrow as usual
    Why tomorrow? EU store now updates on tuesdays as in US.

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We have a new trailer to celebrate the release of Marvel’s Ant-Man Pinball, coming this week! Check it out here on our YouTube channel, and don’t forget to subscribe!
    Just a suggestion, but if you're releasing trailers the same day as the game, subscribing might be a little redundant
    Zen Pinball 2 n00b Favourite tables: South Park Super Sweet, Return of the Jedi, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Tesla, Wild West, Butters.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Go into your PS4 settings and try doing a license restore.
    I bought the table on PS3, ran the title update on PS4, and there's no box on the main table menu for Ant-Man. Did a license restore, still no sign of it. I was able to access it on PS3, but I'd *rather* play the PS4 version.

    EDITED TO ADD: I had to un-install the game entirely, and re-download the game, the Update File and all the tables, but I was able to make it work. (Getting ready to stream it on twitch, because I have a problem.)
    Last edited by Cliff_Hanger; 07-15-2015 at 01:50 AM.

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default Super skill shot

    Anyone get the super skill shot yet - and how much is it worth? When you choose this shot by holding the left flipper when launching then quickly shooting it up the center lane. The problem I am running into is the speed in which the ball comes down the left inlane. It's too fast for a shot from the left flipper and too slow for a nudge jump pass to the right flipper to make the shot from there.

    Any tips on how to make this shot if it's even possible - I'm stumped.

    Next question will be how to save the ball from the left outlane ball save challenge - I'm still trying to get that to work too...

    BTW awesome table - digging the combo shots - big rewards!

    Edit: Ok got the super skill shot twice. Just a quick well timed shot from left flipper - guess it just takes some skill ( and a bit of luck) the Cassie save is still confusing and I would love to figure out how to get a 5 way combo (=extra ball)
    Last edited by DA5ID; 07-15-2015 at 08:05 AM.

  30. #30
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    Anyone get the super skill shot yet - and how much is it worth? When you choose this shot by holding the left flipper when launching then quickly shooting it up the center lane. The problem I am running into is the speed in which the ball comes down the left inlane. It's too fast for a shot from the left flipper and too slow for a nudge jump pass to the right flipper to make the shot from there.

    Any tips on how to make this shot if it's even possible - I'm stumped.

    Next question will be how to save the ball from the left outlane ball save challenge - I'm still trying to get that to work too...

    BTW awesome table - digging the combo shots - big rewards!

    Edit: Ok got the super skill shot twice. Just a quick well timed shot from left flipper - guess it just takes some skill ( and a bit of luck) the Cassie save is still confusing and I would love to figure out how to get a 5 way combo (=extra ball)
    I only got to play it once or twice before leaving to the beach on vacation, but when I played it-- I couldn't figure out the Cassie save either ?????

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    I only got to play it once or twice before leaving to the beach on vacation, but when I played it-- I couldn't figure out the Cassie save either ?????
    From the designer's notes on the Cassie Save - Hit the leftmost target to activate the Cassie Save. If the ball goes to Cassie, lean the area to left and right to bounce the ball to the upper hole.

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    From the designer's notes on the Cassie Save - Hit the leftmost target to activate the Cassie Save. If the ball goes to Cassie, lean the area to left and right to bounce the ball to the upper hole.
    It is pretty difficult to actually achieve the Cassie save. At first I thought it needed slow timed bounces, but I've gotten the ball closer to the top just frantically alternating the left and right flippers like a mad man.

    Can you ask the dev if this feature was inspired by the miracle save by Bowen Kerins?


  33. #33
    Junior Member Retrogammer1977SB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Trying to buy Antman for PS4 after getting it on Vita but store says it's already installed on my PS4, no download option, and import finds nothing in game.
    I have the same problem, licence restore brings no help

  34. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2

    Default No PS4 Ant-Man

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Go into your PS4 settings and try doing a license restore.
    Same here, I got it on the PS3 and Vita, but can't download it on the PS4. I *REALLY* don't want to re-install the whole game, and if I did, would I lose high scores?

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrogammer1977SB View Post
    I have the same problem, licence restore brings no help
    Quote Originally Posted by psxfan View Post
    Same here, I got it on the PS3 and Vita, but can't download it on the PS4. I *REALLY* don't want to re-install the whole game, and if I did, would I lose high scores?
    Don't reinstall. Let me check with the team first to see if there is something up with the PSN store. PSXFan, are you based in North America or Europe?

  36. #36
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Go into your PS4 settings and try doing a license restore.
    That didn't work, but I figured it out. If anyone else has this problem, on the PS4 main screen, go to Zen Pinball, then scrol down to related items, add-ons, my add-ons. Hit that then look for and download the demo and unlock for the table there.

  37. #37
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrogammer1977SB View Post
    I have the same problem, licence restore brings no help
    Look at my above post

  38. #38
    Junior Member Retrogammer1977SB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Don't reinstall. Let me check with the team first to see if there is something up with the PSN store. PSXFan, are you based in North America or Europe?

    The import function ingame works now for me. Thank you for your efforts.

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retrogammer1977sb View Post
    the import function ingame works now for me. Thank you for your efforts.
    yay!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-15-2015 at 08:43 PM.

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    A fun table with huge downside in scoring balance which is a surprise coming from Zoltan Vari. My favorite designer.

    The downside is that this table is pretty Multi ball dependent. Either Multi ball will net you a huge amount of points coupled with ramping Jackpot increases. There is already a player on steam that scored 10b+ and this was released today.

    I played 1 game today and scored score 600m. Mostly from Yellowjacket MB. There should be some players in the community that should be able to test these tables for such scoring imbalances. It takes away from the enjoyment of the table.

    Yellow jacket MB - Shoot Center ramp 3 times. Then a ramp lifts up in front of the right oribit. Shoot the orbit ramp to lock ball. Repeat 2 more times. Shoot the red target that randomly roams around. Then shoot right orbit ramp again for super jackpot. (Jackpots Ramp up considerably)

    The other MB (Forgot what it was called) - I shoot the right orbit a bunch of times till it says lock. Shoot the right orbit when lock is lit. lock 3 times start MB, shoot flashing lanes. The right orbit will be the super Jackpot. Make sure you hit the orbit hard enough to get the ball around to the other side. Rinse and repeat.

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    A fun table with huge downside in scoring balance which is a surprise coming from Zoltan Vari. My favorite designer.

    The downside is that this table is pretty Multi ball dependent. Either Multi ball will net you a huge amount of points coupled with ramping Jackpot increases. There is already a player on steam that scored 10b+ and this was released today.

    I played 1 game today and scored score 600m. Mostly from Yellowjacket MB. There should be some players in the community that should be able to test these tables for such scoring imbalances. It takes away from the enjoyment of the table.

    Yellow jacket MB - Shoot Center ramp 3 times. Then a ramp lifts up in front of the right oribit. Shoot the orbit ramp to lock ball. Repeat 2 more times. Shoot the red target that randomly roams around. Then shoot right orbit ramp again for super jackpot. (Jackpots Ramp up considerably)

    The other MB (Forgot what it was called) - I shoot the right orbit a bunch of times till it says lock. Shoot the right orbit when lock is lit. lock 3 times start MB, shoot flashing lanes. The right orbit will be the super Jackpot. Make sure you hit the orbit hard enough to get the ball around to the other side. Rinse and repeat.
    Here's some edits:

    Yellowjacket MB: After starting the multiball, the mischief ramp is lit for a Double Jackpot for 5 seconds. After time is up, it will convert to a normal Jackpot. Collecting the Jackpot will light the Super Jackpot at the jump ramp for 5x the last Jackpot collected. At any time after collecting a Jackpot, three hits to the particle targets will relight the Jackpot. I believe Jackpots add up, so you may be able to boost the Super Jackpot value by a lot.

    Army of Ants MB: Along with shooting the right orbit 3 times to light a fast lock, you can also light the lock permanently by collecting the Ants at several shots around the playfield. Shoot the flashing lanes to collect Jackpots, then shoot the right orbit to collect the Super Jackpot, worth 5x the value. Collecting the SJ will also light the Ant-thony Jackpot at the side ramp for the rest of the multiball, I believe it's worth 3x the normal Jackpot value.

    Shrinking MB: Completing PYM 2 times begins the multiball. During the multiball, shoot the particle targets with the silver ball to collect a Jackpot and shrink the ball, then shoot the targets with the shrunken ball before time runs out to collect a Super Jackpot worth 10x the Jackpot value. This can be awarded several times depending on how many targets are hit as a sweep. Relight the Jackpot with a shot to the targets using the Pym ball. During the two other multiballs, you can also activate this multiball as a stack.

    Also note that during any of the multiballs, completing the "X" lanes advances the Jackpot multiplier by 10x for ridiculously unbalanced points. During Army of Ants MB you can also shoot under the playfield to advance the Jackpot multiplier for each target hit.
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

    Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

  42. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain B. Zarre View Post
    Here's some edits:

    Yellowjacket MB: After starting the multiball, the mischief ramp is lit for a Double Jackpot for 5 seconds. After time is up, it will convert to a normal Jackpot. Collecting the Jackpot will light the Super Jackpot at the jump ramp for 5x the last Jackpot collected. At any time after collecting a Jackpot, three hits to the particle targets will relight the Jackpot. I believe Jackpots add up, so you may be able to boost the Super Jackpot value by a lot.

    Army of Ants MB: Along with shooting the right orbit 3 times to light a fast lock, you can also light the lock permanently by collecting the Ants at several shots around the playfield. Shoot the flashing lanes to collect Jackpots, then shoot the right orbit to collect the Super Jackpot, worth 5x the value. Collecting the SJ will also light the Ant-thony Jackpot at the side ramp for the rest of the multiball, I believe it's worth 3x the normal Jackpot value.

    Shrinking MB: Completing PYM 2 times begins the multiball. During the multiball, shoot the particle targets with the silver ball to collect a Jackpot and shrink the ball, then shoot the targets with the shrunken ball before time runs out to collect a Super Jackpot worth 10x the Jackpot value. This can be awarded several times depending on how many targets are hit as a sweep. Relight the Jackpot with a shot to the targets using the Pym ball. During the two other multiballs, you can also activate this multiball as a stack.

    Also note that during any of the multiballs, completing the "X" lanes advances the Jackpot multiplier by 10x for ridiculously unbalanced points. During Army of Ants MB you can also shoot under the playfield to advance the Jackpot multiplier for each target hit.
    Well thanks for that. Couldn't get the specifics. All I know is that the balancing is so out of whack and the MB are fairly easy to start IMO.

  43. #43

    Default Problem with PS4 install, also

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    That didn't work, but I figured it out. If anyone else has this problem, on the PS4 main screen, go to Zen Pinball, then scrol down to related items, add-ons, my add-ons. Hit that then look for and download the demo and unlock for the table there.
    I was having issues with getting it to install on my PS4 also. Tried to 'Download and play' from the Zen menu but when it went to the PS Store it would show 'No content available'. If I went to the table directly through the Store and not through Zen, the table would show up as 'Installed'. But it wasnt. So I did exactly as stated above. From the PS4 Dashboard I went to related items and there it was . Ready to download and install. Works fine now. Not sure why it wouldnt work the other ways.

  44. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsdaddy View Post
    I was having issues with getting it to install on my PS4 also. Tried to 'Download and play' from the Zen menu but when it went to the PS Store it would show 'No content available'. If I went to the table directly through the Store and not through Zen, the table would show up as 'Installed'. But it wasnt. So I did exactly as stated above. From the PS4 Dashboard I went to related items and there it was . Ready to download and install. Works fine now. Not sure why it wouldnt work the other ways.
    Weird - but glad you got it!

  45. #45
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Question Wizard Mode - complete all Modes?

    So I assume completion of the Multiball Modes is to score a Super Jackpot?

    Only had a brief couple of games, lit some of the Modes so I must of somehow completed them. Overall I'm liking the flow of the Table.

    For the life of me I can't get the timing of hitting the Ball up the Crime Ramp with the upper Left Flipper.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  46. #46
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    For the life of me I can't get the timing of hitting the Ball up the Crime Ramp with the upper Left Flipper.
    Try doing a very tight shot with the right flipper so the ball goes in the right center orbit at a fairly slow pace. That's the most comfortable way to get a shot at the ramp. Still not easy though.

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Try doing a very tight shot with the right flipper so the ball goes in the right center orbit at a fairly slow pace. That's the most comfortable way to get a shot at the ramp. Still not easy though.
    Yeah it takes practice - slowing the loop shot is key. As soon as you make it you can go for repeated loops - this activates "the crims" hurry up.

    So normal skill shot = 500,000
    Super skill shot = 3,000,000
    And I found a hidden skill shot at almost the top of the right playfield that is worth 1,000,000

    Also I finally made a successful Cassie save (left outlane) - it's a challenge to say the least
    Last edited by DA5ID; 07-16-2015 at 07:00 PM.

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    So I assume completion of the Multiball Modes is to score a Super Jackpot?

    Only had a brief couple of games, lit some of the Modes so I must of somehow completed them. Overall I'm liking the flow of the Table.

    For the life of me I can't get the timing of hitting the Ball up the Crime Ramp with the upper Left Flipper.
    Actually, you don't even need to collect a Super Jackpot during each Multiball - you just have to start them to achieve completion (similar to how the Multiball objective acted in Venom).

    Guess I'll post the completion credit for each mission so you don't have to. Note that credit can't be carried over from mission to mission (for instance, if you have completed 3 shots during Sparring, you'd fail and have to make 5 shots the next time). Collecting the Pym Capsules from completing the back targets will allow to spot a value during Police Chase, The Crims, and Mischief. Timers for these aforementioned modes stop if Army of Ants or Yellowjacket Multiball is activated during them. You can also extend the timer during a hurry-up by shooting the left or right inner loop.

    - Sparring: Complete 5 shots using the Cannon.
    - Police Chase: Complete 4 left or right orbit shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each orbit is worth the value of the final hurry-up shot you made.
    - The Crims: Complete 3 shots to the side ramp. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each side ramp is worth 3 million points.
    - Mischief: Collect the hurry-up values at all the major shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each major shot is worth the value of the final hurry-up collected.

    Note that it is possible to combo the side ramp after shooting it. The game encourages this, as shooting it two times in a row will award an instant 2 million. Hopefully this'll help you activate and complete The Crims faster.
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

    Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

  49. #49
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    I save my Pym capsules to use on The Crims Hurry up, makes life easier


    Anyone managed an Extra Ball combo?...

  50. #50
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Well thanks for that. Couldn't get the specifics. All I know is that the balancing is so out of whack and the MB are fairly easy to start IMO.
    What are the X lanes?

  51. #51
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    What are the X lanes?
    They are the roll-overs marked with an X, 4 at the bottom (inlanes and outlanes) and 2 at the top above the bumpers.

    An unusual feature is that they can be cycled by hitting the flippers but act as if the 6 are connected and not a separate 2 and 4. By that I mean if say you only have 1 lit you will need to hit the flipper 6 times to cycle it right round to where it started.


    Also, managed to finally earn an Extra Ball by hitting a 5 way combo. Uploaded a video below, it's not the cleanest and I expect there are different combinations of ramps/loops which would also work.

    Last edited by skyway73; 07-17-2015 at 01:53 PM.

  52. #52
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Thanks for all the info guys, I and the Community


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  53. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2

    Default PYM Capsules

    I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain B. Zarre View Post
    Actually, you don't even need to collect a Super Jackpot during each Multiball - you just have to start them to achieve completion (similar to how the Multiball objective acted in Venom).

    Guess I'll post the completion credit for each mission so you don't have to. Note that credit can't be carried over from mission to mission (for instance, if you have completed 3 shots during Sparring, you'd fail and have to make 5 shots the next time). Collecting the Pym Capsules from completing the back targets will allow to spot a value during Police Chase, The Crims, and Mischief. Timers for these aforementioned modes stop if Army of Ants or Yellowjacket Multiball is activated during them. You can also extend the timer during a hurry-up by shooting the left or right inner loop.

    - Sparring: Complete 5 shots using the Cannon.
    - Police Chase: Complete 4 left or right orbit shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each orbit is worth the value of the final hurry-up shot you made.
    - The Crims: Complete 3 shots to the side ramp. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each side ramp is worth 3 million points.
    - Mischief: Collect the hurry-up values at all the major shots. Completing the required shots will also give you a bonus round where each major shot is worth the value of the final hurry-up collected.

    Note that it is possible to combo the side ramp after shooting it. The game encourages this, as shooting it two times in a row will award an instant 2 million. Hopefully this'll help you activate and complete The Crims faster.
    You mentioned Pym Capsules ... I know what they do, they are similar to the missiles on the Boba Fett table, but I haven't figured out how to obtain them on a regular basis. Does it have to do with hitting the blue orb into the targets behind it? Am I spelling PYM somewhere? I too have been having a lot of trouble with hitting the side ramp. My timing is always off. The Crims Hurry Up is the only thing keeping me out of the wizard mode and I'm guessing that having a stash of Pym capsules can help.

  54. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2

    Default Extra Ball with Underfoot and Multiball

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    They are the roll-overs marked with an X, 4 at the bottom (inlanes and outlanes) and 2 at the top above the bumpers.

    An unusual feature is that they can be cycled by hitting the flippers but act as if the 6 are connected and not a separate 2 and 4. By that I mean if say you only have 1 lit you will need to hit the flipper 6 times to cycle it right round to where it started.


    Also, managed to finally earn an Extra Ball by hitting a 5 way combo. Uploaded a video below, it's not the cleanest and I expect there are different combinations of ramps/loops which would also work.

    I have been able to achieve an extra ball by putting multiple balls into the Underfoot Mini Playfield during multiballs. The Shrink one works well because that Blue ball bounces around like crazy and stays in there. I think you need 20 hits for the Extra Ball to light up.

  55. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    I'm
    My timing is always off. The Crims Hurry Up is the only thing keeping me out of the wizard mode and I'm guessing that having a stash of Pym capsules can help.
    If you hit the rightside sparringlane backhand with the right flipper, the ball wont be to fast onthe upper flipper.

    Some crazy things happened to me on Ant Man, if you do some comboshots the Ant MB lock gets lit for some seconds,
    I missed the Jumpramp, ball gets captured above it and Sparring Hope starts without Sparring beeing spelled,
    I achieved some real crazy Multiball-Superjackpot scores , like 390 millions for 1 Superjackpot durring Yellowjacket MBall,190,110 millions in
    other Multiballs, are some of those things broken ?

  56. #56
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    If you hit the rightside sparringlane backhand with the right flipper, the ball wont be to fast onthe upper flipper.

    Some crazy things happened to me on Ant Man, if you do some comboshots the Ant MB lock gets lit for some seconds,
    I missed the Jumpramp, ball gets captured above it and Sparring Hope starts without Sparring beeing spelled,
    I achieved some real crazy Multiball-Superjackpot scores , like 390 millions for 1 Superjackpot durring Yellowjacket MBall,190,110 millions in
    other Multiballs, are some of those things broken ?
    1. Said that three days ago
    2. The lock for Ant-Man lock gets activated if you get three consecutive shots around the right orbit and have the ball go fast enough to reach the back ramp every time. I don't think any combination of combos opens the lock.
    3. There is a hidden sinkhole right where the far right loop starts that starts Sparring. It can only be hit with a weak shot to the far right orbit which is mostly random. Lighting all the Sparring lights will only activate some sort of capture on the far right orbit so the ball goes into that sinkhole with any shot.
    4. Don't think they're broken. When I had more than one multiball going and kept them alive for a good while the jackpots and super jackpots went crazy as well. I don't know how exactly they work but I also had super jackpots of over 100 million before.

  57. #57
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    1. Said that three days ago
    2. The lock for Ant-Man lock gets activated if you get three consecutive shots around the right orbit and have the ball go fast enough to reach the back ramp every time. I don't think any combination of combos opens the lock.
    3. There is a hidden sinkhole right where the far right loop starts that starts Sparring. It can only be hit with a weak shot to the far right orbit which is mostly random. Lighting all the Sparring lights will only activate some sort of capture on the far right orbit so the ball goes into that sinkhole with any shot.
    4. Don't think they're broken. When I had more than one multiball going and kept them alive for a good while the jackpots and super jackpots went crazy as well. I don't know how exactly they work but I also had super jackpots of over 100 million before.
    Beliskner has all that info spot on I think, personally I find hitting the centre orbit off the left flipper just as reliable as using the right back-handed, you have to be ready to hit upper ramp very quickly though!

    I've landed in that hole with a miss-hit jump shot several times to immediately start the Sparring mode too.

    As for the Multiball scores it depends what you mean by 'broken' I'm pretty sure there isn't any glitch or bug going on, if you manage to hit all the roll-overs etc. to increase the jackpots then some huge scores are available. I've read some complaints about unbalanced scoring but I'm not complaining about this myself, it's the same for us all and while you can just play for multiballs there is enough incentive to complete all the Hurry ups and Wizard mode to keep things interesting. And the Multiballs are a lot of fun anyway!

    I want to play it some more before I post back here and bore everyone with my overall thoughts on the whole table

  58. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    I'm

    You mentioned Pym Capsules ... I know what they do, they are similar to the missiles on the Boba Fett table, but I haven't figured out how to obtain them on a regular basis. Does it have to do with hitting the blue orb into the targets behind it? Am I spelling PYM somewhere? I too have been having a lot of trouble with hitting the side ramp. My timing is always off. The Crims Hurry Up is the only thing keeping me out of the wizard mode and I'm guessing that having a stash of Pym capsules can help.
    You have to shoot the targets behind the Pym ball using the normal steel ball. There's five of them, and completing them all will earn you a Pym capsule. And yes, these may help you out a ton during The Crims.
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

    Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

  59. #59
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Question Li' Help?

    Anyone know the bonus for collecting all of the Ants in the correct order?

    Also has anyone attained the Hidden Skill Shot yet? for the life of me I can't find it.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  60. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Anyone know the bonus for collecting all of the Ants in the correct order?

    Also has anyone attained the Hidden Skill Shot yet? for the life of me I can't find it.
    Hidden skillshot can be hit fairly consistently - it's a soft plunge to the top right of the playfield. It is right bellow the top most red lane arrows. The shot is worth 1 million

  61. #61
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    Hidden skillshot can be hit fairly consistently - it's a soft plunge to the top right of the playfield. It is right bellow the top most red lane arrows. The shot is worth 1 million
    Thanks, ah so where the Ball sinks to claim the extra ball on the Back Ramp (Right Loop).


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  62. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Thanks, ah so where the Ball sinks to claim the extra ball on the Back Ramp (Right Loop).
    Yes and I believe it's how you start the sparring with hope (paintball mode)

    If you go into free cam it looks like a black rectangle sink hole

  63. #63
    Senior Member skyway73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Just wanted to say that after playing this table a lot that I really, really like it.

    The bad bits: (this won't take long)

    • I wish Tilt was turned off during Cassie Save- you really need to bang the flippers and I always inadvertently nudge the table.


    The good bits:

    • The lighting really pops! We even get a half decent build up to Multiball (Army of ants)
    • All the sound effects! Some sweet old-school ones too, particularly like the Crims top ramp sound and the bells during Super jets.
    • Extra balls have to be earned here, there's no cheap ones. Just how I like it, a real sense of achievment.
    • Kick-backs don't have to be ground out before every ball, nicely done.
    • Locking the ball using the jump ramp is great, satisfying and cool use of a magnet. Nice sound effect here too.
    • Rewarding us with a quick Multiball lock for 3 consecutive loops is a great idea too.
    • I was worried hitting the large glowing ball would cause a lot of drains but it reacts really well, random but not unfair. And those shrunken pinballls, so clever.


    I know there have been a few moans (again) about unbalanced scoring, I personally like it and it feels fresh. Ok we can build up,some ridiculous jackpots but it does take skill and at least it's not just spamming one mode. You have to make the effort to reach Wizard mode as it is very rewarding, earlier I got 1.7 billion just from that! Tasty

    I think the only change I would have considered is making Cops harder to start, you end up playing it too often and it can become a bit too high scoring. Maybe a limit on the amount of times it can be activated? This could then reset after reaching Wizard mode?


    So overall I would rate this amongst Zen's very best, with this and Portal the standards are at a very high level, can't wait to see what will be next!

  64. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post

    So overall I would rate this amongst Zen's very best, with this and Portal the standards are at a very high level, can't wait to see what will be next!
    Thank you! Glad you are enjoying it

  65. #65
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Hey Bobby your message folder appears to be full. You should delete some of those messages

  66. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Hey Bobby your message folder appears to be full. You should delete some of those messages
    Need something?

  67. #67
    Senior Member Beliskner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Need something?
    Regarding the Portal tournament prize again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •