Xbox One - Multiplayer - Unable to level up, find opponents and leaderboard incorrect

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thmrts
    • Aug 2015

Xbox One - Multiplayer - Unable to level up, find opponents and leaderboard incorrect

Hi ZenStudios,

I'm trying to play online and find opponents to play against but I'm unable to find matches (versus/ranked) (well, not really I've found a couple but with a gigantic waiting time) also I'm not leveling up.

I'm playing on the Xbox One and my NAT is open.

I don't understand why it's impossible to find any matches. I've tried matching myself against some friends (ranked) but no luck. (a queue is longer > 10 min and even when two people that live in the same area are also searching for an online match, it's kinda silly)

Are you looking into this? In the leveling/matchmaking? I can provide more information if you want (screenshots, screencasts,..) but I shouldn't be the only one having this problem, (and you're probably already aware of the problem) but an answers, explanation and a promise (not a false one) would be cool.

Thanks for reading and your game. Please get back to me.
  • BBIAJ
    • May 2014

I may just be being dumb, but I don't even know where to go to start a multiplayer game! If you could tell me how, I will gladly try this out and see what happens when I get home. Thank you!

Comment

• thmrts
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by BBIAJ
      I may just be being dumb, but I don't even know where to go to start a multiplayer game! If you could tell me how, I will gladly try this out and see what happens when I get home. Thank you!
      Hey BBIAJ! If you start up Castlestorm, you'll be able to choose Multiplayer, it's right next to Singleplayer. Continue and select Online > Versus > Ranked Match and try and search for an opponent.

After defeating several people online, I'm still level one. (and unable to furfill the requirements of some of the achievements)

Comment

• thmrts
        • Aug 2015

Answer would be appreciated. :-)

Comment

• thmrts
          • Aug 2015

up

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by thmrts
            Hi ZenStudios,

I'm trying to play online and find opponents to play against but I'm unable to find matches (versus/ranked) (well, not really I've found a couple but with a gigantic waiting time) also I'm not leveling up.

I'm playing on the Xbox One and my NAT is open.

I don't understand why it's impossible to find any matches. I've tried matching myself against some friends (ranked) but no luck. (a queue is longer > 10 min and even when two people that live in the same area are also searching for an online match, it's kinda silly)

Are you looking into this? In the leveling/matchmaking? I can provide more information if you want (screenshots, screencasts,..) but I shouldn't be the only one having this problem, (and you're probably already aware of the problem) but an answers, explanation and a promise (not a false one) would be cool.

Thanks for reading and your game. Please get back to me.
            Sorry for the late response, I was out of office last week. The inability to find matches is unfortunately an Xbox One issue that MS will have to fix. Lots of games are plagued by it, and it's ruined MP for a lot of people.

The leveling issue is something else - What level are you/what level should you be? About how long have you noticed this issue? Any more details you can give would be great.

Comment

• thmrts
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
              Sorry for the late response, I was out of office last week. The inability to find matches is unfortunately an Xbox One issue that MS will have to fix. Lots of games are plagued by it, and it's ruined MP for a lot of people.

The leveling issue is something else - What level are you/what level should you be? About how long have you noticed this issue? Any more details you can give would be great.
              Ever since the title update a couple of weeks ago. Currently I'm still level 1 and I've been level one for several weeks while my castle is overpowered - I've played several games online, and true the MP match searching is probably due to Xbox/MS NAT etc.

the Leaderboard and leveling is on your end. It's not registering anything, not from me or my friends. And I'm probably not the only one (am I?) having this issue because I haven't found any Xbox One player that is level 2 or higher ever since the title update.

I've been playing ranked matches only and for some reason on the leaderboard, or anywhere it says I've only played one, while I've played several. (= got the castle to prove it) If you want a screencast or screenshot of this, I'm more than willing to send it and show you it's bugged.

My OCD disorder doesn't allow 975/1000
              Last edited by thmrts; 08-25-2015, 08:07 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by thmrts
                Ever since the title update a couple of weeks ago. Currently I'm still level 1 and I've been level one for several weeks while my castle is overpowered - I've played several games online, and true the MP match searching is probably due to Xbox/MS NAT etc.

the Leaderboard and leveling is on your end. It's not registering anything, not from me or my friends. And I'm probably not the only one (am I?) having this issue because I haven't found any Xbox One player that is level 2 or higher ever since the title update.

I've been playing ranked matches only and for some reason on the leaderboard, or anywhere it says I've only played one, while I've played several. (= got the castle to prove it) If you want a screencast or screenshot of this, I'm more than willing to send it and show you it's bugged.

My OCD disorder doesn't allow 975/1000
                Yes! Any screenshots you can post or send would be really helpful. If it's easier to email them, you can send them to support @ zenstudios.com

Comment

• GHENGIS
                  • Jun 2016

XBOX One level up system.

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                  Yes! Any screenshots you can post or send would be really helpful. If it's easier to email them, you can send them to support @ zenstudios.com
                  I have played now for the past three hours with an opponent and not ranked up from level one yet. What is going on? we are not friends and we have both won and lost games? Is this a Zen Studios error? It has only recorded 1 win?

Comment

• MikeLanglois
                    Pinball Fan
                    • Feb 2019

Hi there. Was there any resolution to this? Because after playing about 10 games last night of wins and loses, I still only have 1 win on the leaderboard and am still only level 1?

@BarbieBobomb any help?

Comment

• shogun00
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MikeLanglois
                      @BarbieBobomb any help?
                      BarbieBobomb no longer works for the company. Your best bet is to send an email directly Zen.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...