Thread: Wow ZenStudios just wow (shake my head)

Default Wow ZenStudios just wow (shake my head)

you released a PSN demo today at PlayStation Store USA
    but no patch for full version

anyword yet on this patch zen studios
    its already september 24th 2009

Shows you what Zen's been working on >>> wallpapers and the demo for PSN EU and USA. Trying to milk this busted game as much as they can before the holidays. By then, everyone will forget how mad they were when they wasted $10 on this game. They'll be playing something else...Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2 and the Xbox 360 owners are already busy with ODST. Most of the original purchasers already left after Battlefield: 1943 came out.

I deleted this game off my 60Gig because Zen likes to be vague/non-responsive with any update information. They need to be because they announced the patch months ago and still can't deliver. The Uncharted 2 2nd beta takes up Punisher's HDD space now...best $5 I ever spent..and still refundable at GameStop.

At least they clean up the spam on this forum quickly now.

Zen isn't a huge company, they have limited staff. Plus, a lot of people will download the demo, see that it's fun, and buy it, giving Zen more money to work on the patch.

That's an interesting theory on business practice you got there.

1.) Piss off original purchasers of game in early July 2009.
    2.) Attempt to remedy issues with forum poll to work on patch.
    3.) Do NOT deliver patch in USA even after months of work.
    4.) Release demo end of Sept. 2009
    5.) Piss off secondary purchasers as well.

My theory is Zen put little effort into this game. It used hype for being a Marvel comic license with movie tie-in "Warzone", Unreal Engine 3 powered and PSN excusive. Since so little effort went in, it's an enormous effort to just get it to be a decent product.

Even their demo is going to have trouble. Lost Planet2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma2, and Wolfenstein are just going to make look Punisher look worse. The first two demos are even longer than the full version of Punisher and all of them look and play better. The Uncharted2 public demo is supposedly being released tomorrow on PSN.

It's not looking good for Zen to find that patch funding through secondary purchasers.

Mike, poop.

Oh man, I had to fight the browser just to log in and post here. So sad, can anybody spare a "security token"? If I buy one, can I trade it for a bus pass?

Anyhow, they said October (specifically "next month.") I totally agree that at this point the game's prospects are weak and they've even admitted it's not a full fledged shooter but there's not much point getting mad about it. Let's say they release the patch tomorrow... can it really change that you'll be running in circles after Finn Cooley?

I hope they surprise us and really tear in to this thing, fix up all the glitchiness and graphical issues, run a tournament or two and offer some new content... but even if they do things right, it probably won't bring new players to the game. Its lifespan is pretty certainly over.
    Join the Global Punisher Army - GlobalPunisherArmy.com

Ha...I gave up complaining about the "security token" error long ago. Wishfully assuming they were focusing on the game fixes instead of the forum errors. Definitely agree with your comments. I was hoping Zen would at least respond with a fix list/change log for supposed upcoming USA patch.

As for the patch, it was actually announced back on 7-14-09.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgabor View Post
    We are working on a patch for the game, and this will include a lot more robust network handling. The patch is available in about 10 days.

OH NO YOU DINNIT!

You don't want to play the quote game with me, sir. I have been playing at expert level for years and it would take a pretty good bit of skill and luck to top me.

From 9/16/09:

Quote Originally Posted by dgabor View Post
    The patch (fixing the network issue and includes polish on the game) has been released in Europe, and the feedback is very good.

We expect the patch to be available in North America next month, and we will make sure to give something else as well to compensate for the delay

Geez, I'm not sure I know how to play your quote game, sir. You not only post a quote 2 months older than mine, but cleverly quote Zen's response to my own personal thread. How do you win this game? Nevermind, I'll just try to keep the posts on topic.

I'm just playing, don't take it seriously. But I should mention that what I quoted is two months newer, not older (therefore making it the superior quote.)

Yea lol it's 2 months newer. Well, I like punisher: No Mercy, and for $10 it's an OK buy. I'm waiting for tournaments right now. The delay for the punisher patch kind of reminds me of Slant 6 thats working on SOCOM: Confrontation.

Yeah, my goof. I meant to type "after" instead of "older" when I responded.

Don't even get me started on Slant6's Socom. Those guys are the masters of disappointment. Long before they released their 1.50 patch they announced plans for the 1.60 patch. Who does that? At least 1.50 has the features advertised in the instruction manual finally.

I consider Socom: Confrontation a $10 game like Punisher since I only purchased my copies for the awesome official bluetooth mics. I don't know how that game got SCE approval for release...did Sony really just want to get their mic to market? That game was in alpha build state when released...might reach beta build by time 1.60 hits.

It's an online mess but at least Slant6 posts specifics on issues they're addressing in each patch even though they take months to come out. However, they'll post the delays are because their patches are failing Sony QA testing. Unlike Zen, Slant6 is way more informative. However, they also have a ton more people complaining on their forum about their busted game.

What's going to be in this patch anyway?

Agree With All..