Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLomon
    • Sep 2019

Profile is Corrupted

Reporting this for my very upset wife. She is an avid player of Pinball FX3 on the PS4. I will try my best to translate her descriptions.

Today, while she was working on her table rankings (3 minute game), the screen graphics squished over to one side of the screen with tiling. At this point her description is very confusing and she can't remember any of the messages that appeared at that time nor any of the buttons she has pushed.

Message was something like "You couldn't play" or "Something is wrong". I don't think either is correct.

She then went to the PS4 menu and powered it down, and brought it back up.

When she tried to bring the pinball game backup, it originally stated it needed to be restored. She attempted to follow the steps but it stated she needed a PS+ account and was unable to continue. (She now thinks it was upload/download - not sure how that would be related.) She went back to the game and it is now saying "Profile is corrupted".

She is determined to get her pinball fix in right now, and all my internet searches are saying there is no possible fix for this. I wish her information was more accurate instead of her confusing description hours after it occurred.

Maybe there is something you are aware of that I am not? Anyway, posting this as a long shot.

Comment

• TLomon
      • Sep 2019

More information received. She attempted to reset her profile per the popup but the same error (she is sure it is the same error) has now shown up.

An error has occurred in the following application.
      (CE-34878-0)
      Pinball FX3

Suggested Actions
      Report Problem

Report problem doesn't give a lot of options. This error came up during the main menu. I had her submit the report.

Suggested actions. Update program (latest version), updated system software (latest version). Neither of those are valid.

Right now, she is unable to do matchups, tournaments, etc. which were her favorite thing. Even on the newly reset profile.

Comment

• cantankerous--
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by TLomon
        More information received. She attempted to reset her profile per the popup but the same error (she is sure it is the same error) has now shown up.

An error has occurred in the following application.
        (CE-34878-0)
        Pinball FX3

Suggested Actions
        Report Problem

Report problem doesn't give a lot of options. This error came up during the main menu. I had her submit the report.

Suggested actions. Update program (latest version), updated system software (latest version). Neither of those are valid.

Right now, she is unable to do matchups, tournaments, etc. which were her favorite thing. Even on the newly reset profile.
        According to google: Answer: Error CE-34878-0 is a general error indicating that the game you are currently playing has crashed. If you receive a CE-34878-0 error, you will need to restart the game. ... Highlight the game you were playing and press the Options button. Select Check For Update and allow any game updates to install.
        Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
        2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
        3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
        sigpic

Comment

• TLomon
          • Sep 2019

I may not have worded the second part very well. We tried that. The software is on the latest version.

Right now, her profile is corrupted and the multiplayer is not functioning at all.

When you view Upload/Download files, it actually shows "Corrupted Data" as a file on top.

Comment

• shogun00
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2011

You pretty much have only two options.

1.) Go into Safe Mode and select Rebuild Database.

2.) Delete and reinstall the game.

Comment

• TLomon
              • Sep 2019

Neither of the two suggested fixes worked. Other profiles can play the game just fine, but my wife's profile still crashes upon attempting to link to the Zen account.

The game still displays the trophies she has earned, but all other progression has been lost.

I have contacted Zen tech support and their responses have been intermittent. The current belief is that there is a server side issue with her data.

The investigation continues. Suggesting to wife she either builds a new profile (loses all current progression), or play on another profile while they continue to investigate the issue (starting over and any new progression not carried over).

Very frustrating. I don't like seeing my wife unhappy.

Comment

• TLomon
                • Sep 2019

Issue has now been resolved by contacting support. Although it took a week, they were able to restore my wife's profile 100%. She is quite happy.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by TLomon
                  Issue has now been resolved by contacting support. Although it took a week, they were able to restore my wife's profile 100%. She is quite happy.
                  Excellent.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                  3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                  sigpic

Comment

• DCLXVI
                    • Sep 2019

Ultrawide portrait not working properly

Hi,
                    I noticed that the Cabinet settings do not work properly with an Ultrawide display (Steam version).

When Windows is set to landscape mode, cabinet mode is letterboxed (black bars on top and bottom):

When windows is set to portrait mode, cabinet mode is cropping the playfield (it should be Hor+, well maybe it is, but as the screen is rotated maybe it should be other way around ?)

Also, when Windows is set to landscape mode, cabinet mode looks ok, but it is broken when windows in portrait mode and is cropped on the sides.

With a 21:9 monitor rotated (so a 9:21 ratio) it would make sense to be able to display, at the top a Backglass and below that the playfield. The DMD could then be positionned on the backglass.

Is there a way to do that ?
                    Last edited by DCLXVI; 09-25-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• SigmaTheDJ
                      • Sep 2017

I don't know if these count as bugs, but they're certainly unwanted behaviours compared to the real table or even other emulated versions.

On White Water on Xbox One, there's 2 issues: -

1. When you shoot Insanity Falls, it should feed the ball back to the left inlane, but often the ball gets stuck after coming down the first incline, then gets dumped out to the right into the playfield in an arc that sends it directly down in between the flippers for a drain. This can sometimes be saved by nudging the table, but not always.

2. When the ball gets kicked out from the Lost Mine, you should be able to hold the right flipper up and have the ball roll over it and up the right inlane, which works, except the ball will then roll out of the top and over into the right outlane for a drain.

Comment

• Cloda
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Nov 2010

Multiball fishiness and unnatural bumps on Fish Tales

Pardon all the fishy puns jumping upstream from my twitter feed ;-) In about an hours play last night I had all these kinds of strangeness and weirdness happening. Is this normal behaviour or is there something broken? If it is broken, then I feel it is something that needs to be addressed rather quickly because it doesn't look too good after almost a year of it having been released for the free table to be broken. It is not the best introduction to what Zen Studios and Pinball FX3 is all about. One thing to consider, following a discussion I had on facebook on this, is that it is potentially and Xbox One only issue. I've played it on Mac before and can't recall that any of the multiball strangeness happened there.

There is something seriously fishy about the right orbit. I've heard about the orbit bump, but today is the first time that I have experienced it firsthand and it is not pleasant! I agree with the masses that Zen should do something about this.

There are plenty of fish in the sea for weird moments on Williams Fish Tales. 3 or 4 out of 10 games last night this kind of multiball weirdness happened. Does that happen on the real table or is it something that needs to be fixed?

The fishiness continued on as I don't think this is quite right? I've had maybe ten games tonight with the purpose of getting the achievement and broken moments like these happened in quite a few games. I hope Zen will look into this as well because it is not cool that the free Williams table is wonky.

XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• DCLXVI
                          • Sep 2019

Fish Tales' Caster's club automatically opened

Is it normal that Caster's club is opened at the beginning of a game ?

I thought it needed to be opened before you can start locking balls. Especially that at some point later in the game it becomes necessary to unlock it to lock balls.

Comment

• wims_Beta
                            • Jun 2017

Hi !

I've still reported bugs by MP with deep but is there someone at Zen who could check these on Fallout (there's 2 bugs who force restarting):

And on Blade there's always the problem with scoring multiplied by 1.5 at a moment in the game and we dont know why (this exists since 2011 the release of Marvel classic tables...)

Let me know if you've seen that message, thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

• BrianBlessed
                              • Oct 2019

No Table Nudge Sounds on Some Williams Tables

Audio feedback on nudging only works on selected Williams tables.

Partyzone, White Water, Road Show, Hurricane are unaffected. The rest are silent without the sound of the table being nudged.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BrianBlessed
                                Audio feedback on nudging only works on selected Williams tables.

Partyzone, White Water, Road Show, Hurricane are unaffected. The rest are silent without the sound of the table being nudged.
                                Must be on your end. I would have noticed. Just to make sure Im not loopy I just tried it on AFM and the nudge sound is very noticeable.

sigpic

Comment

Working...