X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Fierr0
    Hi, I play in PlayStation 4. As we know, if we press the L1 button in the PS4 controller, the Left flipper moves up, and the same case with the R1 button. If I don't release the L1 or R1 button, then the flipper keeps up. Until I release the button, the flippers gets down.

The bug that I detected occurs when I use the REWIND Power and I'm pressing a flipper at the same time. When I stop the REWIND Power to keep playing, I used to release the flippers buttons too, but the flippers don't get down, they keep up and get stuck, like if I were pressing the buttons.

It happens many times in any table and to fix it I need to press the L1 or R1 button again to release the flippers.

I don't know if this bug has been commented yet.

Thanks for your attention.
    Been reported a billion times.................good luck getting this one fixed bro.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• Fierr0
      • Apr 2020

Originally posted by cantankerous--
      Been reported a billion times.................good luck getting this one fixed bro.
      Jejeje ok,

Comment

• Fierr0
        • Apr 2020

X button Bug

Hi Zen Studios, I play with the PS4 console, and I have detected a couple of bugs using the X button in my control.

In the tables with a plunger, to start a game I can use the right stick or the X button. The bug that I have detected occurs when I press the X button to launch the plunger. If I keep pushing the X button, the plunger gets crazy and it moves like if I were pressing the X button repeatedly. This problems happens many times, but there is another problem, when I press the X button, this one is not detected. I press the X button and nothing happens until few seconds, but in the worst case I have to leave the game and start again.

The second problem occurs in the SECRETS OF THE DEEP table. When I activate the Periscope Sink Hole, and it starts to spin, I have to press the X button to shoot the ball out of the periscope, so I press the X button and NOTHING HAPPENS!!!! I press repeatedly the X button but nothing happens, so the spin of the periscope ends to spin and shoot the ball automatically. This problems happens occasionally, not allways.

Anyone has detected these problems too? Are these problems commented yet? @cantankerous-- do you have these problems too?

Thanks for your attention.
        Last edited by Fierr0; 04-28-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• OU7CAS7
          • Sep 2013

Wolverine

Just today when I was playing the Wolverine table, I was on the fast ball mode, and the ball flew off of the table somehow. I can't remember how it happened exactly, but it somehow rebounded off of the back of the table, and then flew towards me and then off. I was expecting another ball to be loaded into the launcher after 10 seconds or so... it didn't happen. Usually the game detects that the ball is motionless, and then places a fresh ball in the launcher. Tried nudging the table then waiting, didn't work. Tried tilting the table, but then the game seemed to get stuck in a Tilt loop, where it just didn't do anything else except continue the buzzing sound and flashing "Tilt" on the dot matrix screen. Luckily, I didn't have an overly big score at the time.

This is certainly not the first time I have seen it happen on tables in Pinball FX3, so Zen is going to need to do better with the game's physics in that regard. I can see how it could be amusing at times, but not when you spend time getting close to or beyond a high-ranking score on the leaderboard, only for the game to lock up on you. I suspect placing an invisible barrier along the very top of the table might help to keep the ball in and stop this problem on many tables, much like how the glass on a real pinball table would stop the ball from flying out.
          Last edited by OU7CAS7; 05-22-2020, 07:33 AM.
          - Laptop specifications -

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
          RAM: 16GB
          CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.3GHz
          Dedicated Video Graphics: nVidia RTX 2060

Comment

• OU7CAS7
            • Sep 2013

Fish Tales

I was playing the Fish Tales tables today, Arcade Mode. I was just about to start on my third main ball, and then this error popped up:

Fish Tales Pinball - Exception.jpg

I clicked the close button, and the game exited.
            Last edited by OU7CAS7; 05-22-2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• MilliElektra
              • Dec 2019

Cirqus Voltaire

Endless loop...On Nintendo Switch

Comment

• sui99
                • Jan 2011

Captain America Attack bugged on Civil War (PS4)

In addition to the gamebreaking bugs from my other thread, a comparatively minor annoyance on Civil War:

During Captain America attack mode (the one that's triggered via the whirlpool) the first shot you're supposed to make sometimes simply doesn't register.

You are supposed to hit a red target to the right of the whirlpool (I think it's the ramp that also starts fights) but even a full force, clean hit sometimes doesn't register as a successful shot. I managed to hit that thing cleanly 4-5 times during a single mode and it's safe to say that it just bugs out sometimes. I have no idea what may cause this, it seems pretty random. Maybe hitting the target the second the mode starts (you can hit the target before the table is ready - despite the target already being there, there seems to be a short delay before you can acutally hit it and have it register as a hit). At least that's the only thing I can think of. It happened to me about 1 out of 5 times I played that mode; so, it's been a pretty frequent issue.

Comment

• OU7CAS7
                  • Sep 2013

Star Wars Pinball: Episode VI Return of the Jedi

Stuck on the Return of the Jedi table. I had just completed the fourth mission. Before shooting the last target for the Tie Fighter, there was only one ball left. I'm not sure if that's correct or not (I suspect not), but I decided to continue playing anyway. Got the target, was given the reward points for completing the mission, and then the game failed to give me my ball back. Tried nudging and tilting... nothing. So, now I'm stuck at 1.5 billion points, and I can't do anything. Again.

Please start fixing these issues. I will not buy any more tables until they are fixed!

Star Wars - Return of the Jedi - No ball return.jpg
                  Last edited by OU7CAS7; 05-22-2020, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• OU7CAS7
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Linne_Zen
                    Hi! Could I ask on which platform did you experience this problem?
                    Hey Linne. It's Windows 10.

I think I may actually put in some of my laptop's specifications in my signature if I can, just to make it quicker and easier for Zen staff to know what I'm using...
                    Last edited by OU7CAS7; 05-22-2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• ATARI
                      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Linne_Zen
                      Thank you very much for the finds, I forwarded them to the developers! Have a nice weekend!
                      Whats been done about the Flippers going off angle.

Comment

• grenadier
                        Pinhead
                        • Jun 2012

1. Alt-F4 on Steam version crashes the game, instead of closing the app like it does on almost every other Windows app in existence.
                        2. Had music on Bluetooth headphones. Turned off Bluetooth headphones. Instead of sound going to Speakers as the default audio device, the game crashed.
                        3. Bug with remembering the last camera position STILL hasn't been fixed.

Comment

• wims_Beta
                          • Jun 2017

Hello @Linne_Zen !

Well it takes me a long time to login here again. And the most important thread for me is this one.

Honestly most of the fans there were here to report bugs, they give up, because there's no one to answer them, and nothing is fixed since years.

I just see today Zen seems to have more interest of these thread, because of your presence. It's a good thing. So if you need some help, you can count on me.

You can see all the bugs in video here :

(i give up to send them here)
                          Last edited by wims_Beta; 05-21-2020, 07:09 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• ztouta37
                            Pinball Fan
                            • Oct 2018

PS4 Skyrim Bug

Originally posted by sui99
                            Hi there,

I encountered the following two bugs on the Skyrim table:

1) Lockpicking straight up doesn't work. Everytime I encounter a locked chest, the screen that is supposed to bring up the lockpicking minigame just stays black. I can see the DMD describing what I'm supposed to do and I can quit the mode but I can't pick the lock (since there is no lock on screen ^^). Lockpicks also don't break if I attempt to do it blindly but I can hear the sounds of turning the lockpick and trying to pick it.

Lockpicking bug still alive on PS4

Comment

• OU7CAS7
                              • Sep 2013

Thanks Linne.

I would like to make another suggestion, and also ask a question.

Recording games is much easier to do these days, thanks to applications like nVidia's Game Overlay (Alt + Z), or Microsoft's Xbox Game Bar (Windows Key + G). Would it be possible to submit video clips of problems to Zen Studio staff, so that they have a better idea of exactly what the problems we are having, and potentially the cause of those problems? It is quite possible that some bugs are only reproducible based on a specific sequence of events, and if those events are recorded, Zen Studios staff can then get a much better idea of how these bugs happen. Please let us know if this is possible, the email address or webpage that we can submit video clips to, and the maximum file size allowed.

I have just recorded a session of myself playing Star Wars Pinball: Episode IV A New Hope, because I knew there was a good chance that a bug would present itself on that table. It didn't take very long until such a thing happened. In this case, the turnstile bumpers didn't reappear after completing the third mission (which I have seen happen before), and Zen Studio staff may be able to look at the video clip to work out why this happens.

Also, I would like to suggest a much better place for people to submit any bugs that they have with Zen Studio games. It may be something as simple as the form on Zen Studio's Contact Us page, or something more advanced like a bug tracking site appended to the Zen Studios website. At least, it would be something that would allow details of the bug to be filled in, such as the name of the game (and table in the case of Pinball FX2 and FX3), a description of what went wrong, and what was expected to happen. Optionally, an upload button to upload a screenshot or video clip.

The best setup would be a more complex case management system, which assigns each case a particular number. It would send an email to the person who reported the case, letting them know that their bug / problem has been received, and will be reviewed as soon as possible. When Zen staff actually look at the case, they can then comment on it, letting the reporter know whether or not they were able to reproduce the problem, and if so, when the code will be fixed. This can be sent as an additional email to the first automatic email sent to the reporter. Each case may also be assigned a status to let the reporter know about the progress of each case sent (In waiting: case received by the system, but not looked at yet; Confirmed: case has been looked at and confirmed by staff / developers, but not yet being worked on; In progress: a developer is working to fix the code, etc.) Other people who have registered can also look for and view each case, and vote the cases up if they have encountered the same problem(s), thus giving more credibility to each case, and more likely that they will be looked at and fixed.

If you want to be extra nice, you could implement a rewards system for anyone consistently reporting bugs. It could include awards such as giving the reporters free games, or free game addons. In the case of Pinball FX3, a background like the Beta Tester background (call it "Bug Reporter" or something similar), or redemption codes for pinball tables they may not have already.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by OU7CAS7
                                Thanks Linne.

If you want to be extra nice, you could implement a rewards system for anyone consistently reporting bugs. It could include awards such as giving the reporters free games, or free game addons. In the case of Pinball FX3, a background like the Beta Tester background (call it "Bug Reporter" or something similar), or redemption codes for pinball tables they may not have already.

To me the reward would be if they actually ever fixed any of the bugs being reported.
                                Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                                2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                                3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...