Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • artrexdenthur
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Solamon77
    If this doesn't show how excited people are for a proper PC version, I don't know what does!
    Agreed! I hope they'll make such a beast sooner rather than later... I don't anticipate adopting Windows 8 if I don't have to (or if it's not far and away the most convenient option).

Comment

• spacedskunk88
      • Mar 2013

Is there any update on this at all? I'd much rather prefer to play this on the PC, I would buy Windows 8 but not just for this game, and the features on Windows 8 over 7...well for the normal keyboard and mouse PC what are they?

With Steam supporting a new full screen TV friendly mode with add on content through that store and excellent controller support on plug and play with the wired xbox controller I don't see why this isn't possible through that? Doesn't the xbox 360 game run the same architecture as the x86 PC?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by spacedskunk88
        Is there any update on this at all? I'd much rather prefer to play this on the PC, I would buy Windows 8 but not just for this game, and the features on Windows 8 over 7...well for the normal keyboard and mouse PC what are they?

With Steam supporting a new full screen TV friendly mode with add on content through that store and excellent controller support on plug and play with the wired xbox controller I don't see why this isn't possible through that? Doesn't the xbox 360 game run the same architecture as the x86 PC?
        We are working on a Steam version, no ETA as of yet.

Comment

• Roo5676
          • Sep 2011

Steam achievements for this got leaked the other day.

Here is the website which has all the information on unknown apps with achievements: http://devinwatson.com/SteamSchema/UnknownApps.html Final Fantasy VII: http://devinwatson.com/SteamSchema/39140.html Pinball FX 2 (looks to be all the tables): http://devinwatson.com/SteamSchema/226980.html...

Easier-to-read version here: http://steamdb.info/app/226980/

Obviously it's unofficial and subject to change or be wrong, but the initial set of 23 tables included in there seems realistic (basically all the 4-packs the Wii U got, plus the Pinball FX2 "Core" pack and Star Wars 3-pack). And there's even a statistic related to portrait mode (which of course doesn't mean it will be there at launch). But I'm excited nonetheless!

Comment

• Shifty
            • Mar 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you Zen for developing these for a Steam release. I found Zen Pinball only recently on iphone and love it but was gutted as the phone was the only way I had to play as I don't use consoles. I love the game and hate having to play it on such a small screen. I have a number of tables on iphone but not all interest me that much, such as the Marvel tables but I have to say on a large screen I am definatly buying every table. I would also like to add I normally wouldn't register on a forum and post this kind of thing when I know a game is coming on a platform I am waiting for but in this case I am more than happy to show my support for Zen Studios.

Comment

• jimmybiscuits
              • Apr 2013

About the Steam version...

Does 'we are working on a steam version' mean that it will run through steam on windows 7 and 8, or only through steam on windows 8?

Thank you!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jimmybiscuits
                Does 'we are working on a steam version' mean that it will run through steam on windows 7 and 8, or only through steam on windows 8?

Thank you!
                It will be compatible with Win7

Comment

• allmodcons
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                  It will be compatible with Win7
                  How about XP barbie ?

Comment

• DjParagon
                    • Apr 2013

Oh my god I'm so excited !! Thank you so much for bringing this on Steam guys, I really appreciate the move, Win7 user here. Your tables are just amazingly creative and realistic, and the game just looks like the best pinball game of all time. Finally some good pinball on my PC, I'm so glad, I waited a long time for this, probably since Pro Pinball Timeshock.

I can't wait to preorder this, you guys are fantastic ! Thanks again, and keep up the good work !

/ Goes refreshing Steam store page...

Comment

• Shifty
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DjParagon
                      Oh my god I'm so excited !! Thank you so much for bringing this on Steam guys, I really appreciate the move, Win7 user here. Your tables are just amazingly creative and realistic, and the game just looks like the best pinball game of all time. Finally some good pinball on my PC, I'm so glad, I waited a long time for this, probably since Pro Pinball Timeshock.

I can't wait to preorder this, you guys are fantastic ! Thanks again, and keep up the good work !

/ Goes refreshing Steam store page...
                      Don't know if it will be on the coming soon page on Steam or if it will be pre-order. I know it is going to be out really soon but when I ask Zen on Twitter if they will announce a release date before launch they just say "it will be soon " And when they talk about other things (ie Star Wars pinball on Wii U) they seem to suggest that they will just launch it without any prior release date. It annoys me immensly that they do this. From all the information I have about this my guess is it should be out on Steam by end of April. if not the "Sooner than you might think " tweet was a lie.

Comment

• DjParagon
                        • Apr 2013

Ha ha ! Don't worry, I was kind of joking, I don't expect FX2 to be released on Steam anytime before this summer, or even autumn/winter. I'm just extremely happy it will at some point. And pre-order or not, I'm in day one ! ^^

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Shifty
                          Don't know if it will be on the coming soon page on Steam or if it will be pre-order. I know it is going to be out really soon but when I ask Zen on Twitter if they will announce a release date before launch they just say "it will be soon " And when they talk about other things (ie Star Wars pinball on Wii U) they seem to suggest that they will just launch it without any prior release date. It annoys me immensly that they do this. From all the information I have about this my guess is it should be out on Steam by end of April. if not the "Sooner than you might think " tweet was a lie.
                          You do realize I'm the one who handles the Twitter account right? We don't have dates for either Steam or Star Wars DLC on Wii U, but I will post them (as usual) as soon as we can confirm them.

Comment

• Shifty
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                            You do realize I'm the one who handles the Twitter account right? We don't have dates for either Steam or Star Wars DLC on Wii U, but I will post them (as usual) as soon as we can confirm them.
                            No I didn't realise that but no offence that makes no difference to me anyway. You are Zen Studios a bussiness to me. If you give release dates before a launch as soon as you have a confirmed date that is all customers want and I for one will be happy.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Shifty
                              No I didn't realise that but no offence that makes no difference to me anyway. You are Zen Studios a bussiness to me. If you give release dates before a launch as soon as you have a confirmed date that is all customers want and I for one will be happy.
                              We always do that... so no worries there

Comment

• ZenPinballFan
                                • Apr 2013

I'm so happy for Steam version of Zen Pinball. Can't wait!!!

Comment

Working...