X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lasvegaspinballhalloffame
    Pinball Wizard
    • Sep 2011

Petition For Another RPG Table

If you enjoyed Epic Quest or at least the RPG elements, let Zen know here that we want another RPG style table. This was a very refreshing and nice change of pace for a table. I would love to see more RPG tables.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church
  • PSKay
    • Oct 2011

I'm a big fan of Epic Quest. I don't want one too similar but another table with RPG elements would be very welcome.

Comment

• Lepruk86
      • Dec 2010

I'd rather every table feel unique...

I also like tables that are whole games in themselves and not things that carry over from game to game.

I wouldn't mind one table with those elements each year, but I'd be turned away if every table started having RPG elements where you have to build up across several games rather than start from 0 every time.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

This is great! Also, what RPG elements worked the best and what need improving? For example, some people were confused about equipping loot at first, so that (maybe?) needs improving (or just in-game clarification). I know there is a demand for more Zen originals, but what other existing RPGs would you like to see implemented in an RPG table?

Comment

• bclewis
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
          what other existing RPGs would you like to see implemented in an RPG table?
          Gamma World!
          But perhaps Biolab already satisfies most of that need.

[ whoa; I haven't played that one since the 80s, but apparently it's still around, and in its seventh edition! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_World ]

Comment

• tenorhero
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Lepruk86
            I'd rather every table feel unique...

I also like tables that are whole games in themselves and not things that carry over from game to game.

I wouldn't mind one table with those elements each year, but I'd be turned away if every table started having RPG elements where you have to build up across several games rather than start from 0 every time.
            I thinks it's pretty cool. The higher level up you the higher the scores, technically.
            Yeah i can see there are many that don't want to play the table consistently just to progress and get higher scores rather than playing a table once to obtain a goal.

As far as the wizard mode. It would have been cool to see a dragon head coming out from the background to let us know we are in wizard mode. I don't recall how many times I got to wizard mode and didn't realize it.

1 play-though the other day I think I hit the cave and was fighting a monster. I didn't hit the sword ramp fast enough and the monster hit me for 3/4 of my life. I was like 'What the heck?" then it dawned on me it was the dragon.

Yes more clarification on equipping items would be useful All in all I think epic quest and to an extent some of the Marvel tables opened up some great ideas for more Zen tables.

I think I found my new addiction. Pinball. Ha. Anyway more news on Zen pinball 2 for the PS3 would be nice. Is it just a revamp or are we going to be able to get some of the the other interesting tables that Xbox owners? I would like ROME and Buccaneer they look like really cool tables.

Thanks for a great product Zen. looking forward to Avegers chronicles and any other table you guys are coming up with. Can't wait.

Did I mention I can't wait? Yeah? Ok I off to play epic quest.

Edit: Also to add, D&D, Diablo and Warcraft are the more recognizable RPG I think. Those would be a good source for RPG themes. As it is, I'm sure licensing costs etc would be to hard to get.

Perhaps some RPG elements you are able to be certain classes? Very similar to the new Avengers table. Where each ball has different effects. From what I hear Hulk ball would yield higher scores from bumpers. Hawkeye on accuracy scores etc. Maybe there is some way you can implement that as a class based table? Just an idea of course.

Can't wait for more tables. Wait....... I said that already.
            Last edited by tenorhero; 03-23-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
              Pinball Wizard
              • Sep 2011

Maybe some in game clarification about how to level up that benefits yours score the most. I love the idea of building your self up from game to game. It gives a more satisfying feeling of playing the same game over and over, for a reason. Also, Zen really needs to figure out how to get an expansive unfolding table going, that's what some friends of mine thought would happen with Epic Quest. You know, you play one stage, then the table changes dramatically some how; we are dealing with video game pinball, why not take advantage and do something mindblowing like that on at least one table? The table would keep keep changing and evolving to a point of course. Something like this would work amazing with Bethesda's two best RPG franchises, Elder Scrolls and Fall Out. Now if Zen struck up a deal with Bethesda there would truly be an epic quest, pun intended.
              Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 03-23-2012, 10:44 PM.
              http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

• Lepruk86
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by tenorhero
                I thinks it's pretty cool. The higher level up you the higher the scores, technically.
                Yeah i can see there are many that don't want to play the table consistently just to progress and get higher scores rather than playing a table once to obtain a goal.

As far as the wizard mode. It would have been cool to see a dragon head coming out from the background to let us know we are in wizard mode. I don't recall how many times I got to wizard mode and didn't realize it.

1 play-though the other day I think I hit the cave and was fighting a monster. I didn't hit the sword ramp fast enough and the monster hit me for 3/4 of my life. I was like 'What the heck?" then it dawned on me it was the dragon.

Yes more clarification on equipping items would be useful All in all I think epic quest and to an extent some of the Marvel tables opened up some great ideas for more Zen tables.

I think I found my new addiction. Pinball. Ha. Anyway more news on Zen pinball 2 for the PS3 would be nice. Is it just a revamp or are we going to be able to get some of the the other interesting tables that Xbox owners? I would like ROME and Buccaneer they look like really cool tables.

Thanks for a great product Zen. looking forward to Avegers chronicles and any other table you guys are coming up with. Can't wait.

Did I mention I can't wait? Yeah? Ok I off to play epic quest.

Edit: Also to add, D&D, Diablo and Warcraft are the more recognizable RPG I think. Those would be a good source for RPG themes. As it is, I'm sure licensing costs etc would be to hard to get.

Perhaps some RPG elements you are able to be certain classes? Very similar to the new Avengers table. Where each ball has different effects. From what I hear Hulk ball would yield higher scores from bumpers. Hawkeye on accuracy scores etc. Maybe there is some way you can implement that as a class based table? Just an idea of course.

Can't wait for more tables. Wait....... I said that already.
                See I really like games that are single in themselves. I haven't played Epic Quest yet, but I certainly got fed up with Spiderman for example and the way that you are at a disadvantage playing the table if you don't spend as much time on it.

Don't get me wrong, variety is definitely good and I certainly would be happy with another 1-2 RPG-ish tables as long as it doesn't become a gimmick of every table.

As I said, you want each table to feel unique, one of the issues people are having with the Marvel tables is that they are starting to feel *samey*; we wouldn't want the same situation repeated for RPG-style tables now would we?

Comment

• CrocNRoll
                  • Mar 2012

Maybe a table where you collect money as you play, and the money builds up from game to game, and you can use your money in a store to buy temporary things like kickbacks, ball saves, and extra balls, or permanent upgrades like leveling up ramps so you get more points from them, or balls with special powers. With the emphasis on money, maybe it could have a Monopoly-esque economic theme or something.

Comment

• forweg
                    • Feb 2012

I'd love to see something involving Tales or MegaTen, but any JRPGs not involving Square are probably off the table.

Comment

• Corpsesmith
                      • Dec 2011

I'd love to see some way of spending experience gained to alter your character/table in some way, maybe upgrading bumpers or ramps. Some way to go toward each players table being unique.

One thing I had hoped to see with EQ was different versions of Max, sadly this wasn't really the case. There only seems to be 3 or 4 variation of armour, helmet and weapon and these don't make a difference to the game play. Don,t get me wrong I love EQ, but apart from your level carrying onto your next play, it mechanically doesn't feel anymore RPGish than Spiderman.

Comment

• shogun00
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2011

Only if the theme is Steampunk, Cyberpunk or Dark Ages.

Comment

• CrocNRoll
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by shogun00
                          Only if the theme is Steampunk, Cyberpunk or Dark Ages.
                          I agree on cyberpunk. An RPG table based on Blade Runner, Shadowrun, or Deus Ex would be cool.

Comment

• maink
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Dec 2011

yes more like this please , i love D&D so if i could choose my character that would be amazing and distribut str dex int wis con cha , also i would like it to be darker more serious although epic quest is good n funny also in epic quest i find selling and acquiring items a bit confusing it would be good if you could open up a menu and select equip or sell , also it would be cool if zen added more cutscenes like in begining of moonknight
                            i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

• Verjigorm
                              • Aug 2011

A Battletech theme might work as well. For loot or money you could get better mechs. Better Mechs could mean that you have more "hardpoints" to equip items, like weapons.

An integral part of the table could be to go to your garage to outfit your Mech for the upcoming missions, with different missions being easier, if you have the right weapons etc. equipped.

And -to shamelessly repeat myself from the suggestion thread- the Legends of the five rings theme could be awesome for an rpg table as well. Fantasy Samurai clans fighting against demons and amongst each other? Yes please!

Comment

Working...