Full screen digital pinball machines - How about tossing us a ball?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dazz
    • Apr 2010

Full screen digital pinball machines - How about tossing us a ball?

I'm not sure if Zen pinball is aware of a relatively new scene that has recently appeared online. There is a continuously growing group of us that have or building digital pinball machines. Normally our machines use 40" to 46" LCD's as the playfiled, 32" LCD backglass and a third smaller screen for the DMD aka scoring/animations. These are then built into existing pinball cabinets or custom built cabinets. Tables are run via PC using several pinball simulators such as Visual Pinball and Future Pinball.

Being an owner of Zen pinball on the PS3 and also iPhone I have found these tables to be great fun. Table layout and gameplay are excellent, but just don't feel right when being played. We would LOVE to be able to add these tables to our PC based digital pinball machines, the way a pin should be played.

Just to give you a glance of how my pin is setup

Please don't leave the PC people to our own means and give us some Zen Pinball lovin'!

If you really want to see some awesome digital pinball machines; check out www.hyperspin-fe.com and go to our HyperPin Cabinet forum.

Thanks in advance!
  • Solitude
    KickBeaten Down
    • Mar 2010

That is a very impressive setup!

I believe that the Playstation 3's graphics processor supports output to multiple screens, but this functionality is not currently enabled or accessible to developers. Without that ability, it's not possible for the system to support this 3-screen setup.

We aren't currently planning a PC release of any of our pinball titles, but we haven't ruled it out, either.

Comment

• epthegeek
      • Apr 2010

I just want to chime in here and add my support for a cabinet render mode if you ever port ZP to PC. This is exactly why I came to the site, to see if a PC version was planned. I saw the promo video for the new table on PSN this week on the PS blog and came over here to investigate.

I would absolutely buy into ZP if it came to PC with a cabinet render mode option.

Comment

• rchadd
        • Jun 2010

Yes I would also love for Zen Pinball to be available on PC too with support for a cabinet mode. I am currently thinking of building a tables like the above pic and whilst the current PC Pinball offerings are good for these, Zen would be brilliant and love the effects.

Comment

• ericleroi
          • Nov 2010

Another one for the PC here as well at least you haven't ruled it out!

Comment

• Squirrel
            • Dec 2010

Those two pinballs look amazing. I have (or had for that matter) all the files to do so, but I never made the pinball yet.

Is there a good how to site for this kind of project? And most importantly, how big is that screen for the playfield?

Comment

• granter
              • Jan 2011

This would be great, I have a cab I'm setting up now retrocadespot.blogspot.com

This product for PC with a table editor would be awesome! I play this all the time now on xbox, even if it just had a full screen mode for the playfield you could probably run it on a cab using an XBOX to output to the playfield.

Although it would be nice to get the DMD as well. Backbox you could just run a static image or something worst case.

Comment

• lettuce
                • Nov 2010

Yeah I too would kill for a version of pinball fx/ zen pinball on the pc, with full screen and 2-3 monitor support. A digital download version would be fine with 99% of us and would cut down on the retail out lay. It surely has to be a win win situation for Zen??? I was thinking of getting a petition or poll put together from all the major home brew pincab forums to show just how much support there would be, maybe this would get Zen's attention??

Comment

• Dazz
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Squirrel
                  Those two pinballs look amazing. I have (or had for that matter) all the files to do so, but I never made the pinball yet.

Is there a good how to site for this kind of project? And most importantly, how big is that screen for the playfield?
                  My playfield is a 42" LCD, 32" backglass and 19" dmd.

www.hyperspin-fe.com and check out our HyperPin forum. There are some great cabinets that have been built.

Comment

• bent98
                    • Feb 2011

my cab

I would love to have this program ported to PC with cab support!

Comment

• jackblotto
                      • Feb 2011

I would be in for this as well!!!!! Have a 2-screen cabinet setup and would buy this is a second if available for the pc/windows platform. Especially if there is flexibility as people have mentioned to support more than one monitor (though if necessary I would use 1), keymapping controls to buttons/keystrokes, etc.

THANKS, David

Comment

Working...