Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackervizzo
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Noggle
    Why 240 rather than 200? Is Mars 40msp better than the other tables?
    The price is raised just a little bit because tables on PFX2 get all the cool social integrations, Superscore, Wizard Score, etc. It was a long discussion but we felt it was a fair price.

Comment

• blue
      • Dec 2010

Why 240 rather than 200? Is Mars 40msp better than the other tables?
      Earth Defense premiered at 240 MSP.

Mars offers the Pinball FX 2 enhancements, unlike the upgraded versions of the Pinball FX tables.

Originally posted by rapierdwit
      Congrats! Much less impressive is the number of people with scores on the High Score list that look like they played one game and then turned it off.
      Not everyone plays while connected to Xbox LIVE.
      Last edited by blue; 04-17-2011, 12:12 AM.
      They took our pinball machines!
      Let's revolt, who's with me?
      Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

• MAT
        • Nov 2010

Lol, Mars became available early. When I try to download the trial or the full game, it says it costs -1 points and when I try to purchase it says I'm exactly 4294967295 points short

Sorry, old stuff, didn't notice..
        Last edited by MAT; 04-16-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Nekro Neko
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MAT
          Lol, Mars became available early. When I try to download the trial or the full game, it says it costs -1 points and when I try to purchase it says I'm exactly 4294967295 points short

Sorry, old stuff, didn't notice..
          That spinning star is mocking me, I know it!!!

Comment

• Womble
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rapierdwit
            Congrats! Much less impressive is the number of people with scores on the High Score list that look like they played one game and then turned it off. :
            Video game journalists, maybe?

Regarding the price, it's more than fair. It's less than the cost of a cup of coffee...

Comment

• Nekro Neko
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Womble
              Video game journalists, maybe?

Regarding the price, it's more than fair. It's less than the cost of a cup of coffee...
              It's the cost of about 6 goes on a physical pinball table.

Comment

• Noggle
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by crackervizzo
                The price is raised just a little bit because tables on PFX2 get all the cool social integrations, Superscore, Wizard Score, etc. It was a long discussion but we felt it was a fair price.
                Oh ok, makes sense. The price increase doesn't bother me because honestly, they're worth way more than $2.75.. its just that now I'll have this weird, small amount of leftover Microsoft Points mocking me because they aren't enough to buy anything good

Comment

• heathenSauce
                  • Nov 2010

Oh ok, makes sense. The price increase doesn't bother me because honestly, they're worth way more than $2.75.. its just that now I'll have this weird, small amount of leftover Microsoft Points mocking me because they aren't enough to buy anything good
                  $3.00 actually. This is why MS uses space bucks. Unless you pay attention to the math, most people don't know how much they're actually spending.

Comment

• blue
                    • Dec 2010

That's a factor, but the main reason Microsoft switched to moon bucks is to avoid paying fees for credit card transactions. Creating their own currency also forces consumers to buy more points than they need. The average idiot will spend excess points on avatar crap and lamerpics rather than stockpiling them to buy a game on sale.
                    They took our pinball machines!
                    Let's revolt, who's with me?
                    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

• KGSoloman8000
                      • Jan 2011

If you have 80 points leftover you can pick up one of the awesome indie games on sale for $1.

A few of my favorites:

Aban Hawkins, Apple Jack, Platformance, Vorpal, Vampire Rage, Decimation X3, Hypership Out of Control, Zombie Estate, Shoot 1UP, Crossfire, Inferno, Infinity Danger... just to name a few off the top of my head.

Apple Jack is probably the best of the bunch. I can't recommend that one enough

Comment

• Scotty Canuck
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Dec 2010

Another problem with Banana bucks is that the cost to buy them doesn't change with the current economic climate. The AU$ is about $1.02US right now, but it still costs the same to buy the points, as when the Aussie was $0.75US - Now that the US dollar is tanking, I want more value for my Aussie dollar

BTW, im an above average idiot when it comes to buying useless avatar gear :P
                        MY BLOG: www.canuckistan.org

Comment

• wozfromcov
                          • Mar 2011

cost

anyone know how much the new table will cost.?

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                            Writer of Guides
                            • Apr 2011

Thanks for everyone who gave me a pat on the back about getting all achievements and that score on MARS.

I think the table will set you back 240MS PTS, thats what I heard.
                            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Womble
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Tyrannical
                              I just love seeing these M.A.R.S. scores that are twice the combined total of all 17 tables that I play
                              Don't worry, Mars is probably Zen's friendliest table.

It's got a heap of features and rules designed to keep the game alive.

e.g.

- kickbacks are very easy to get (particularly on the left).

- the kickbacks remain in place once you drain.

- some of the modes/missions are resumable if you fail them, taking up from where you left off.

- many of the modes can be restarted straight away after failing. Even failing a mode can be very lucrative...

- a long ball save, which you can use to safely restock your kickbacks

It's something of a shock to play Wolverine or Iron Man or Pasha after this table!

Comment

• T3CHN0R0CKER
                                • Apr 2011

MARS table costs 4294367755 microsoft points

Comment

Working...