This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meecrob
    • Feb 2013

My first impressions after playing each table twice lol. They all seem very fun. ESB has alot of different modes and the way the table changes is pretty cool. CW is alot like world war hulk with all the ramps, but they go everywhere, gonna take a bit to figure out which one does what (highest score was on this table so far). and Boba Fett seems to be the hardest of the 3. I got alot of SDTM from missed shots and such. Gonna have to practice more lol. well, back to it... gotta play around with the new mass effect 3 multiplayer expansion too :P
    PSN: fullmetalmeecrob

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Meecrob
      My first impressions after playing each table twice lol. They all seem very fun. ESB has alot of different modes and the way the table changes is pretty cool. CW is alot like world war hulk with all the ramps, but they go everywhere, gonna take a bit to figure out which one does what (highest score was on this table so far). and Boba Fett seems to be the hardest of the 3. I got alot of SDTM from missed shots and such. Gonna have to practice more lol. well, back to it... gotta play around with the new mass effect 3 multiplayer expansion too :P
      Woo hoo! Glad you like them so far! That Boba is BRUTAL!

Comment

• Boulderdash
        Pinball Wizard
        • Sep 2011

Now... where can I get a timecapsule and travel about 12 hours ahead in time?

Comment

• Freelance
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MarkItZeroSmoky
          I personally think Farsight is ripping us off. Bad enough the newer tables (TZ) is 5 bucks for one, but an extra 2-3 bucks a table just to use the operators menu? Cant even free look the table without it! Now theyre suckering people with ball skins. Lol thats just ridiculous.
          You do realize only the kickstarter tables will cost $5? Kickstarter tables (TZ and ST: TNG) require much bigger funds to acquire those licenses so they have to charge more for them to break even. It's not a matter of 'ripping people off.' That term is applied too loosely these days. Besides, $5 is low for being able to play real good tables for an unlimited number of times, compared to real machines where they were designed to eat your quarters. $5 won't get you far in a real pin. The non kickstarter tables will still be the same price as always (2 for $4.99).

There's no reason to get the Pro versions though, since if you mess with the OP menu you won't be included on the leaderboards.
          Last edited by Freelance; 02-27-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• tenorhero
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Freelance
            You do realize only the kickstarter tables will cost $5? Kickstarter tables (TZ and ST: TNG) require much bigger funds to acquire those licenses so they have to charge more for them to break even. It's not a matter of 'ripping people off.' That term is applied too loosely these days. Besides, $5 is low for being able to play real good tables for an unlimited number of times, compared to real machines where they were designed to eat your quarters. $5 won't get you far in a real pin. The non kickstarter tables will still be the same price as always (2 for $4.99).

There's no reason to get the Pro versions though, since if you mess with the OP menu you won't be included on the leaderboards.

Regardless there players that want an option to make a table much more difficult Ala PAPA style. There are players here that are holding tournaments or if you want to hold some type of tournament amongst friends there is no option to turn the extra ball option off. Paying extra money for those options is silly.

Comment

• RabidShark
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Dicepticon79
              Sorry did not want to make you angry, i am not having much money at all , had to save the money togheter for the PSN Card to get SW Tables tomorrow,
              I sure would not be upset if i could have the Standalone for free , just ment , it would not anger me if i have to pay with the rest of my money...
              the main reason for my Post above, came , because i just have seen how much you pay for the Twilight Table from TPA & pay for Ballskinns & better Ballphysiks for each Table... had to scratch my head lol started to think abot how it would have been, to pay for each Ballskinn on Avengers
              that would have taken me 6 x 4 Euro without the table lol no offens to anyone, only posted the maybe silly post above becaues of those crazy thoughts
              i was not that upset looking at it again i did sound a little like a pain there is a lot zen do that farsight would not but that's because farsight are hurting a little i think i don't know.

Originally posted by Freelance

you have to admit that having received 50-60 grand for the kickstarters tables and charging 4.99 per table is a little odd but they are fun tables non the less and i am happy with them, the table menus really made me think what the h is going on?, the ball skins should be in packs of like 5, i think you will find that the 1.99 or was it 2.99 for one ball skin is because they have to pay them to put it up so it ends up a weird number

Comment

• shogun00
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RabidShark
                you have to admit that having received 50-60 grand for the kickstarters tables and charging 4.99 per table is a little odd
                It's not really odd considering that the Kickstarter only help paid off a portion of the license.

Comment

• MarkItZeroSmoky
                  • Sep 2012

@ freelance yeah i get the whole license thing & the 5$ (or 8 for PV) for unlimited play on a good table (even though im playing Star Wars tables for $3.33 ) perhaps i was a tad harsh, i was really more referring to the whole pro options & stuff, i think its silly as well to have to pay extra for an operators menu & the ability to look closely at a table.

Back to the Boba Fett Table....
                  Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-27-2013, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• iCub
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                    As I said above, we'll find a way to make it work so you don't have to buy twice. We just don't know exact details on how right now.
                    Can we hold you to this Barbie, as I have £10 sat in my PSN wallet that is just burning a hole in it and I am not sure I will be able to resist when the Euro store updates tomorrow. Your Twitter overtime and the glowing reviews that are pouring in are making to almost impossible to wait until the standalone version. I've been on Youtube overload today looking at all the clips of the different tables. Just my bloomin' luck that the power is being turned off for maintenance here until tomorrow evening.....aaargh!
                    Last edited by iCub; 02-27-2013, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• snakeman07
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2012

Found a bug on the ESB table. The middle hole that opens for the empire award is stuck open. I'm on scene 3 checkpoint 2 right now and it's still open, so it's pretty much impossible to hit those little orbits up by the star wars logo. *EDIT* after countless minutes, it finally somehow corrected itself, thank goodness.

That aside, I don't know what I was missing when I first played this table! I was wondering why everyone loved it so much, but for some reason it didn't click with me the first few times I played it, but WOOOWWWW! Now I understand lol it really is insanely good. Love the scenes and how each one is several parts with the checkpoints. Love the stacked multiballs, etc...
                      Last edited by snakeman07; 02-27-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• RabidShark
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by iCub
                        Can we hold you to this Barbie, as I have £10 sat in my PSN wallet that is just burning a hole in it and I am not sure I will be able to resist when the Euro store updates tomorrow. Your Twitter overtime and the glowing reviews that are pouring in are making to almost impossible to wait until the standalone version. I've been on Youtube overload today looking at all the clips of the different tables. Just my bloomin' luck that the power is being turned off for maintenance here until tomorrow evening.....aaargh!
                        i hope so too it did not take long for me to cave in i just could not resist

Comment

• DarkKodiaK
                          • Jun 2012

whens it out on the 360?

Comment

• snakeman07
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DarkKodiaK
                            whens it out on the 360?
                            I think tomorrow.

Comment

• Boulderdash
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Sep 2011

Checking every 15 minutes now on PSN. Allthough the 3 demo tables are avalible, there is no option to buy it at the moment (buy button does not respond ingame)
                              It seems that the PSN highlight banner and the rest of the vita PSN store are not synced up. Can't wait to try the full versions!
                              Last edited by Boulderdash; 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Scubafinch
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                                Should be 9.99 AUD
                                Hi Barbie, price turned out to be $14.95. Not happy with the fact we're continually the most expensive country... but I'm also pretty sure Zen Studios is not responsible. If I want to direct a complaint, is it Sony that publishes Zen Pinball 2 on the PSN and therefore sets the local prices?

Anyway, thanks for such great tables... had a quick go at the Empire table and it looks and plays fantastic on the Vita!

Comment

Working...