Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snoopy
    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Brianvgplayer
    I'm under the impression from the article that they chose to censor it to keep the ESRB rating, rather than the ESRB telling them to do so, and didn't make it clear that it was their intention all along. I disagree that many of those comments needed to be said, especially the one about the way Farsight handles the ESRB ratings. From the sound of it, that thing with the Mini Golf game was something that should have been caught much earlier (and I read somewhere that the XONE and PS4 versions were rated T even before the art was changed for the Switch version).

Edit: It looks like an announcent will be made soon. I may sound negative, but I am enjoying the tables themselves and the physics are definitely much better than Farsight's floaty physics. I also like how the tables in arcade and tournament modes seem just as mean as the originals.
    thanks for the update link. sounds like good news . i guess the vocal minority helped things along.
    Last edited by snoopy; 10-25-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• hunter328
      Pinball Wizard
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Brianvgplayer
      I'm under the impression from the article that they chose to censor it to keep the ESRB rating, rather than the ESRB telling them to do so, and didn't make it clear that it was their intention all along. I disagree that many of those comments needed to be said, especially the one about the way Farsight handles the ESRB ratings. From the sound of it, that thing with the Mini Golf game was something that should have been caught much earlier (and I read somewhere that the XONE and PS4 versions were rated T even before the art was changed for the Switch version).

Edit: It looks like an announcent will be made soon. I may sound negative, but I am enjoying the tables themselves and the physics are definitely much better than Farsight's floaty physics. I also like how the tables in arcade and tournament modes seem just as mean as the originals.
      Whether he intentionally “threw Fairsight under the bus” or not, Farsight had done the same to Zen recently. Does anyone remember when PBFX3 first came to Switch and was getting all of the flak over the FPS in handheld mode? I remember right after that started Farsight’s add for either TPA or Stern highlighted the fact that they were the only ones giving players a true pinball experience in both docked and handheld mode. That kind of angered me toward them. Anyone who’s played both can tell from one second of gameplay how much more graphically intensive Zen’s game is and thus how much harder it must have been to get it to work at 30 or. 60 FPS, whatever it was. The fact that Zen was able to achieve that after the fact is pretty impressive.
      sigpic

Comment

• ALH2012
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by snoopy
        thanks for the update link. sounds like good news . i guess the vocal minority helped things along.
        Not so far.

With the release(Williams Pinall Vol.2), also comes the option for players in the PC Steam version of Pinball FX3 to play the tables in their original form. This means family filter off by default and unaltered cabinet and playfield art on all three Volume 2 tables.
        In other words.All other platforms remain censored.

Comment

• tfhfony
          Pinball Wizard
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ALH2012
          Not so far.

In other words.All other platforms remain censored.
          Well. There is always the option of no tbuying them on console.

The fact that the tables are uncensored on Stea, but censored on the consoles proves that Disney is NOT the reason for censorship. Just the normal age-ratings are and I don't think ZEN is really looking for a solution for that, especially after reading Mel's interview last month.
          The only reason they say they are looking into it, is hoping that in the mean time people will still buy the censored tables...
          https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
          https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• FourWinds
            • Aug 2012

Currently the world is strange. It seems that everything is offensive to someone or even legally defined as 'hate speech.'

I blame America.

Comment

• ALH2012
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tfhfony
              Well. There is always the option of no tbuying them on console.

The fact that the tables are uncensored on Stea, but censored on the consoles proves that Disney is NOT the reason for censorship. Just the normal age-ratings are and I don't think ZEN is really looking for a solution for that, especially after reading Mel's interview last month.
              The only reason they say they are looking into it, is hoping that in the mean time people will still buy the censored tables...
              I agree.I would love to stand corrected but at the moment it seems like Zen is stalling for time with no genuine intention to ever release the tables uncensored beyond PC.The only effective way to protest would be to boycott the Williams tables.Sad situation either way.

Comment

• McLovin
                Marketing Manager
                • Apr 2017

Hi everyone,

Steam on PC has a more lenient system which affords us the room to release these tables unaltered. Other first parties do not allow this.

This is a first step to get these games unaltered to PC first, hopefully, we'll have more news on other platforms in the future.

Comment

• ALH2012
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by McLovin

This is a first step to get these games unaltered to PC first, hopefully, we'll have more news on other platforms in the future.
                  Here's to hope.

Comment

• TimeWalker
                    • Oct 2018

[...] hopefully, we'll have more news on other platforms in the future.
                    Thanks, I hope so too! I like having the Windows 10 / Xbox One version for the Play Anywhere feature but I'm a bit bummed we're still stuck with Family Mode there. Worse, I'm form Europe and there it's already PEGI 12 so really, any censorship you guys do currently would still fit in at 12+ for EU players.

Comment

• tfhfony
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Mar 2013

Hi everyone,

Steam on PC has a more lenient system which affords us the room to release these tables unaltered. Other first parties do not allow this.

Hete in Europe it's PEGI 12. There is no need to censore them in Europe anyway. This can easily be released in Europe without censorship. So just split up the releases for Europe & America.
                      For the rest, the "in the future" statements from ZEN have left quite a bad tast in my mouth in the past, as this usually meant then Zen never came back to the subject, or a "no" after a very, very long time (WiiU releases, Mobile releases, VR releases, etc...)
                      https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
                      https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• ALH2012
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tfhfony
                        Hete in Europe it's PEGI 12. There is no need to censore them in Europe anyway. This can easily be released in Europe without censorship. So just split up the releases for Europe & America.
                        For the rest, the "in the future" statements from ZEN have left quite a bad tast in my mouth in the past, as this usually meant then Zen never came back to the subject, or a "no" after a very, very long time (WiiU releases, Mobile releases, VR releases, etc...)
                        Where there's a will there's a way.I'm also doubtful of "in the future" statements but time will tell if Zen is willing enough.At the moment nothing concerning Williams Pinball is more important then being able to play the tables uncensored.Censored tables are a party crasher and disrespectful to the original intent of the tables.
                        Zen don't let us down.

Comment

• joyrider3774
                          Pinhead
                          • Jan 2011

does this setting control it now ? or is it something else. It's from the steam version of the game

20181122191855_1.jpg

Comment

• cocothetrain
                            • Jul 2017

Neat! Had not thought to go there yet. I wonder if Attract Mode is for the gameroom setup. That might help with another issue I am having. I can test this out and report back tonight if you like,

Comment

• joyrider3774
                              Pinhead
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by cocothetrain
                              Neat! Had not thought to go there yet. I wonder if Attract Mode is for the gameroom setup. That might help with another issue I am having. I can test this out and report back tonight if you like,
                              no actually this option was always present, it seems on steam it was never running the rom in family mode and this options had always existed. At least if i read this :

Zen Studios is very aware that certain tables, such as Medieval Madness, have content that cannot be included in an E10+ rated game. At this time we are running the Family Mode version directly from the ROM on consoles, Windows 10 and Mac. Zen is not censoring the game any differently from what Family Mode includes. On Steam, the game is not running Family Mode; however, this can be turned on in the game settings if so desired.
                              I'm not sure what the attract mode is supposed to do am trying to find differences, i'm guessing it has something to do when you are not playing the game on what you see on the dmd ?

Comment

• cocothetrain
                                • Jul 2017

Originally posted by joyrider3774
                                no actually this option was always present, it seems on steam it was never running the rom in family mode and this options had always existed. At least if i read this :

I'm not sure what the attract mode is supposed to do am trying to find differences, i'm guessing it has something to do when you are not playing the game on what you see on the dmd ?
                                Looks like it has to do what the start / end of a game. Nothing changes about the room layout

Comment

Working...