Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legislative
    • Feb 2018

I made a similar post on another forum:

You guys told in the live stream that the VR "market isn't very big. If you see demand, it might happen. But it's not an easy decision. It's a big undertaking."

Could you please explain this for us? I know about 3 tools that were released for pinball software and gave a pretty nice experience to us VR gamers.

- in 2014 someone released a free tool (PinballVRcade) that made TPA tables playable in VR for the Oculus DK2
    - Magic Pixel released a DLC on steam that allows to play all their tables in VR
    - Rafal (Ravarcade) released the magnificant BAM software for Future Pinball that allows to play all Future Pinball tables in VR

When I watched the Zen Williams videos I thought: Amazing! Everything is there: high resolution, tables and room in 3D, physics that would work in VR. So a conversion to VR should be easy. One additional tool and all tables should be playable in VR. Of course I and others would pay extra for the VR version.

So please, could you let us know why this should be a big undertaking? I see that you put a lot of effort and love into the other 12 tables you released in VR so far. But we dont need extra gimmicks in the game room for the Williams/Bally tables. Please provide us 1:1 conversions and all of us VR heads would be more than happy. Thank you!
    Last edited by legislative; 09-08-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• tfhfony
      Pinball Wizard
      • Mar 2013

OMG...
      I just installed the beta on my laptop. Allthough I could only play it on 1280x720 due to the crappy AMD Readon HD 7730M, it looked and felt great.
      I own every talbe in TPA, SPA & ZP2 & FX3 on my PS4, and it seems I will be buying the TPA tables again on ZEN. I love the new Physics Engine.

Great work guys!
      https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
      https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• Longi_land
        • Apr 2010

Its all nothing without an activ backglass on a separate Monitor (like in VPX)!!
        So will there be such a backglass Zen!?
        PLEASE ! ! !

Comment

• tinyhorsesinmytea
          • Sep 2018

I feel like some of y'all are kind of being cheapskates. What do you mean you won't "repurchase" these tables? They're built from the ground up by a much more talented team with more resources. You won't throw down a few bucks for better recreations that you can play for hours? Well, I sure as heck will.

This is the best thing that could have happened to digital pinball... my favorite tables recreated by a team that cares about quality. Farsight Studios really drained the ball.

Comment

• Sgt_Tenor
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by tinyhorsesinmytea
            I feel like some of y'all are kind of being cheapskates. What do you mean you won't "repurchase" these tables? They're built from the ground up by a much more talented team with more resources. You won't throw down a few bucks for better recreations that you can play for hours? Well, I sure as heck will.

This is the best thing that could have happened to digital pinball... my favorite tables recreated by a team that cares about quality. Farsight Studios really drained the ball.
            Let's face it. Many don't want to spend another couple of hundred dollars (Exaggersation maybe) on tables that already been done. I haven't purchased a table pack for quite a while in TPA. In fact I only have season 1-3. didn't want to spend the money on tables I didn't really want in certain packs. The only table I bought since season 3 was World Cup Soccer. That's the one I was hoping for a while.

After playing the BETA I'd be happy to get the ones I got already in TPA. It's a bit more polished in ZEN in even in BETA. They play much better IMO. All in all the polish is so much better already and the gameplay is pretty good.

Comment

• tinyhorsesinmytea
              • Sep 2018

I stopped buying tables from them as soon as it became clear that they didn't care about quality and were going to keep hastily pumping out more messes without going back and addressing any of the issues with previous tables. Truly amateur operation over there.

I've got a lot of faith that Zen will get it right, and my wallet is open.

Comment

• Skode
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by tinyhorsesinmytea
                I stopped buying tables from them as soon as it became clear that they didn't care about quality and were going to keep hastily pumping out more messes without going back and addressing any of the issues with previous tables. Truly amateur operation over there.

I've got a lot of faith that Zen will get it right, and my wallet is open.
                Their ineffectuality with getting the content to and bugs fixed on console versions are stuff of legend. I didn't even feel bad they lost the licenses before and even less so now I know Zen have got them. Zen actually care about their customers and put them first whatever the platform - I'm playing tables I bought many years ago on my 360 on my Xbox One at no extra charge.

My only concern is it will likely kill the productivity of new tables outwith Bally/Williams for the foreseeable future outside of the 2 originals we know of (and Solo trio next week). Want the SW prequels, more Universal, More Aliens themed tables etc as PFX3 is great for its OTT unrealistically amazing gameplay and I don't want that to go completly to backburner to focus on massive back catalogue of these traditional ones.

Comment

• legislative
                  • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Skode

My only concern is it will likely kill the productivity of new tables outwith Bally/Williams for the foreseeable future outside of the 2 originals we know of (and Solo trio next week). Want the SW prequels, more Universal, More Aliens themed tables etc as PFX3 is great for its OTT unrealistically amazing gameplay and I don't want that to go completly to backburner to focus on massive back catalogue of these traditional ones.
                  It is impossible to make everybody happy. But it seems that a lot of people cant wait for the traditional ones.

That being said, I bet that some of their designers still work original tables.
                  Last edited by legislative; 09-11-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• tinyhorsesinmytea
                    • Sep 2018

Yeah, I hope they can strike a good balance between classic recreations and new originals. I'm all about both styles, and it's going to be neat having both in the same game.

Comment

• steven120566
                      • Jan 2015

After thinking this through, I guess it will be worth the whole re-buy thing. I have these all on Farsight, and frankly the Bally/Wiliams are the best of what they had there. To have the FX 3 experience, table views, and tournament capability, and these tables right there in my FX 3 game, well...I have no choice. I will buy them unless they are overpriced. Zen, get them out on xbox one and take my money then I literally can't wait for the real table reproductions from Zen.

P.S. With such a huge project this is going to be, how will y'all ever be able to continue with some more of your originals? Earth Defense 2 anyone? (or anything not star wars, fox, marvel, bethesda, etc) LOL.

Comment

• legislative
                        • Feb 2018

Earth Defense is my favourite in FX2 VR! The rage combo is almost impossible to hit though.

Comment

• Tech101
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by steven120566
                          After thinking this through, I guess it will be worth the whole re-buy thing. I have these all on Farsight, and frankly the Bally/Wiliams are the best of what they had there. To have the FX 3 experience, table views, and tournament capability, and these tables right there in my FX 3 game, well...I have no choice. I will buy them unless they are overpriced. Zen, get them out on xbox one and take my money then I literally can't wait for the real table reproductions from Zen.

P.S. With such a huge project this is going to be, how will y'all ever be able to continue with some more of your originals? Earth Defense 2 anyone? (or anything not star wars, fox, marvel, bethesda, etc) LOL.
                          Better yet, get a Switch and add the new tables to that! 😉
                          Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• steven120566
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tech101
                            Better yet, get a Switch and add the new tables to that! 😉
                            Nintendo definitely holds my pinball "roots", Tech. Like 5 times now I have stood in Best Buy and almost walked out with a Switch. Only a matter of time I suspect.

Comment

• Tech101
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by steven120566
                              Nintendo definitely holds my pinball "roots", Tech. Like 5 times now I have stood in Best Buy and almost walked out with a Switch. Only a matter of time I suspect.
                              Since the update the only thing disappointing is the lack of SW and Marvel tables. Otherwise they play and run great in table top or docked.

It is however a big investment and I totally understand walking away. Imo the pro controller is also a must as it just feels more comfortable for pinball. That takes you up to $370 plus tax without a game. Probably didn't help your decision much lol
                              Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• Boulderdash
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Sep 2011

Well, in a ZEN Q&A video Zen talked about how much they want both starwars and marvel comming to switch aswell.

Comment

Working...