• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sebinouse
    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Sebinouse
    Hi
    First of all thanks for the great work on WMS Tables

I found a BUG during multiplayer game, the app become unresponsive when we try to quit with Alt+F4 or kill command (OK with Windows task manager if we can get to it).

Platform : Steam / Win 10
    PFX3 version : 17 (09 OCT 2018)
    Tables : All WMS (the only pack I own ...)
    Cabinet Version : Enabled

What I do to reproduce the bug :
    - launch the game via Steam, select a Hotseat game via the menu and try to force quit (via Alt+F4, OK when I quit via menu)
    - launch the game with PinballX/Y with the "-hotseat_2" parameter and try to force quit (via frontend with ESC or Alt+F4)
    - launch the game with CMD with the "-hotseat_2" parameter and try to force quit.

No issue with "-class" parameter nor with "-offline" parameter ... only when I use the -hotseat_"

BTW is there a list of the command line parameter we can use ?
    Any news here ? There seems to been some kind of memory leak that prevent PF3 to quit properly in this precise mode that needs to be fixed

Comment

• stefb
      Pinhead
      • Oct 2018

Hello, i noticed a bug on my pincab with pinballfx3
      I only play the williams tables

If i play many pinball games for a long time, there is not problem.
      But if a game becomes long (usually doing my highscores ) the game suddenly slow down as if the processeur was at 100%
      (looking at the task manager seems it goes above 85/90% usage, no saturation problem with ram or ssd)
      I did'nt noticed a particular case when this happens (single ball, multiball ... )
      I saw that on Fish tales (when i came above 500 Millions pts ) and gateway (more then 300 millions points)
      If i hit esc and go back to the menu, nothing change, even the menu is slow.
      I have to leave the game complety and laucnh it again, then all works fine untill the next long game.

I use 2 screens 1050*1680, dmd on second screen (1280*1024), a jpeg for backglass
      My pincab specs, core quad 9550, 8gb ddr3 ram, gtx 760, ssd 160gb
      I had the same problem before i format it recently (windows 7 to windows 10)
      Changed too a joywarrior controleur for xbox360 controler, same problem.

thanks for reading

Comment

• PinballVirtual-Victor
        Pinhead
        • Aug 2016

In Fish Tales, when you get the Ball Save as a reward in video mode, it does not apply to the game.

Comment

• HighFive
          • Sep 2018

The Gateway High Speed II bug with video mode: Playing on Switch, shift up is not working. Defaulty the UP on right joystick make the camera look at the table front. Iv tried to unbind it to have no free look camera, same result. Cant shift gear UP, only down.

Comment

• zaphod77
            Pinball Wizard
            • Mar 2012

BS in video mode does not mean ball save, it means "BIG SCORE", and it does give you the points.

Comment

• shogun00
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HighFive
              Playing on Switch, shift up is not working. Defaulty the UP on right joystick make the camera look at the table front.
              To Shift Up, you press the Auto Launch button (B button on Switch). The manual launch (right stick down) is the down shift.

Also, as mentioned above me "BS" means Bonus Score in video mode. In real pinball, the ball saver feature is only designed to save a freshly launched ball. It's rarely (if ever) given to you as an award like Zen's original tables do.
              Last edited by shogun00; 10-19-2018, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• deep
                Table Designer
                • May 2011

Originally posted by HighFive
                The Gateway High Speed II bug with video mode: Playing on Switch, shift up is not working. Defaulty the UP on right joystick make the camera look at the table front. Iv tried to unbind it to have no free look camera, same result. Cant shift gear UP, only down.
                The launch button shifts up, the right stick down shifts down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

• HighFive
                  • Sep 2018

Originally posted by shogun00
                  To Shift Up, you press the Auto Launch button (B button on Switch). The manual launch (right stick down) is the down shift.

Also, as mentioned above me "BS" means Bonus Score in video mode. In real pinball, the ball saver feature is only designed to save a freshly launched ball. It's rarely (if ever) given to you as an award like Zen's original tables do.
                  Oh! Thats good to know. Thanks!

Comment

• HighFive
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by deep
                    The launch button shifts up, the right stick down shifts down. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                    Thanks! Will you guys work on something to replace that in the future?

Comment

• HighFive
                      • Sep 2018

BUG REPORT :

- Crash multiple time this morning, like 4. Playing on Nintendo Switch. Playing Fish Tales, Classic Tournament setup, and tried this time VIEW 2. Dont know if its related to 2nd view, or related to classic mode and only fish tales ( played a lot of single player mode with view 1w with no crashes like that). 2 time it crash when i press the launch button on 3rd ball a bit before time to launch it, 2 time my controllers freeze, left flipper stay up, nothing was responding, had to quit the application everytime.

Comment

• stefb
                        Pinhead
                        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by stefb
                        Hello, i noticed a bug on my pincab with pinballfx3
                        I only play the williams tables

If i play many pinball games for a long time, there is not problem.
                        But if a game becomes long (usually doing my highscores ) the game suddenly slow down as if the processeur was at 100%
                        (looking at the task manager seems it goes above 85/90% usage, no saturation problem with ram or ssd)
                        I did'nt noticed a particular case when this happens (single ball, multiball ... )
                        I saw that on Fish tales (when i came above 500 Millions pts ) and gateway (more then 300 millions points)
                        If i hit esc and go back to the menu, nothing change, even the menu is slow.
                        I have to leave the game complety and laucnh it again, then all works fine untill the next long game.

I use 2 screens 1050*1680, dmd on second screen (1280*1024), a jpeg for backglass
                        My pincab specs, core quad 9550, 8gb ddr3 ram, gtx 760, ssd 160gb
                        I had the same problem before i format it recently (windows 7 to windows 10)
                        Changed too a joywarrior controleur for xbox360 controler, same problem.

thanks for reading
                        Same today, just playing 3 players, game slow down unplayable. rebbot the pc, one more try and sams probleme on the 3rd ball turn

Comment

• Dopey
                          • Oct 2018

Hi all. Registered here just for this post.

Bit of a bug report, bit of a rant. Not sure if it's worth its own thread. I got the game on PS4 recently, and have only played FISH TALES so far. A LOT. I have maxed out all the abilities and one wizard ability, working on the second. What I've come across so far sours what is an almost perfect experience. And that sourness is preventing me from shelling out for the Williams pack. I'm on the fence about it.

1. The 2x scoring wizard power sometimes DOES NOT WORK. This usually begins to happen during a longer session, and once it starts, it carries over to future games. I hold triangle, see the countdown spinner drain time, but events that should double points (like the 4 million fish finder becoming 8 million) give the standard points. It's a handicap to even hope it works at this point, as playing the game holding an extra button down (for no effect) makes taking shots that much harder.

2. The REWIND wizard power is rage-inducingly STUPID. At this point, it says I should be able to rewind up to 3 seconds by holding the triangle button. Nope! It's about 1.5 seconds tops, then automatically disengages. Took a while to realize it wasn't me letting the button up. And there's this 3 second countdown before play resumes (yes you can hit a button to skip it) but during this 3 second time, why can't I tap triangle some more to fine-tune my backwards progress? Why can't I use all my time in one go if I want to?

3. The only reason I use REWIND is to undo a drain event. GOOD FREAKING LUCK getting the ball back under control... The rewind feature EXECUTES TOO QUICKLY and the camera SHAKES WILDLY as it is following the ball around. Sorry, I cannot follow what's going on here. It's a crapshoot for me, rewind a bunch, nudge or something when it starts up again, and hope for the best. Why couldn't this rewind be MATRIX-STYLE SLOW MOTION REVERSE?

4. Another lovely flaw with your REWIND feature is the PADDLES STICK UP and stay there until you press each TWICE. Who tested this? Why it is like this? I have lost more balls than I can count because of the unresponsive paddles when the game resumes.

5. And I can't even rewind further to fix it when this trips me up because of that BLASTED COOLDOWN TIMER. Nope nope nope. This should behave more like the 2x scoring dealie, just slowly rewind when held, automatically resume when released. (At least, this is how I imagined this wizard power would work like.)

6. And what's the deal with the unchangeable MULTIBALL CAMERA ANGLE? I use View 7 most of the time. The version of that where the entire playfield is visible would be great for multiball. But no, the game is like "Multiball time! Stand on this stool to continue playing!" Please.

7. Sometimes the X button doesn't want to launch the ball. Weird. I nudge and it might work again, maybe the right stick does it. Extra aggrivating during timed events.

8. Why can't I do what I did as a child? GET UP CLOSE AND EXAMINE THE TABLE. You know, before playing. Yeah yeah, there's instructions, but getting close and seeing and reading for yourself adds a whole new dimension to immersion and enjoyment for me.

I love this game so far. The tournaments make it fun, and each is begging for a specific wizard power. But if those wizard powers cause more frustration than they are worth, sigh... Here's hoping things can improve. I find it hard to believe the physics and attention to detail in the game, yet it has tiny nusainces like these.

Comment

• shogun00
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dopey
                            8. Why can't I do what I did as a child? GET UP CLOSE AND EXAMINE THE TABLE. You know, before playing.
                            You can! Hold down square and tilt the controller. The feature uses motion control.

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
                              Pinhead
                              • May 2018

Aliens vs. Predator: PS4. There's a bug that leads to insane scoring when the ball somehow gets stuck in the nest of bumpers. Single player, Classic, 1 ball, 5 minute & Survival leaderboards are now all full of bogus scores accumulated using this bug. Please fix the table & leaderboards a.s.a.p. Zen, it's looking in a sorry state.

Comment

• Dopey
                                • Oct 2018

Thanks, Shogun00 !! I loaded the game to check that out, but new frustrations arose:

I had completed 3 tournaments, placed in each, got rewarded with XP. Ok, says "continue" so I press X on the box. Nothing happens. Gotta hit O then go back to tournaments, then see the next tournament result. Continue does nothing again, hit O, go back for result #3, this time X brings up the tournament menu because that was my last result.

SERIOUSLY? "Continue" should um... CONTINUE showing results then proceed to tourney menu. None of this backing-out workaround BS. Get it together guys!

Also, messages like "you placed THE 51TH in the tournament" is wrong in two different ways. O M G

Oh yeah, sorting tournaments by "limited tries" (the most fun for me when every game counts) showed 3 Fish Tales tournaments with UNlimited tries. AAARRGH

...at which point I closed the program. I don't need this.

Comment

Working...