Do you play any other Pinball Games besides ZEN PINBALL(2)? :o or will ya???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LumaFan")
    Banned
    • May 2012

Do you play any other Pinball Games besides ZEN PINBALL(2)? :o or will ya???

Pinball Arcade, the returning/REVIVING Pro Pinball? or Pinball Hall of Fame:The WILLIAMS Collection? MAYBE EVEN REAL PINBALL MACHINE?

or do you just stick with the "home" My inference 4 some of you!!!!!(zen) I don't know how obvious this will be, but I would be interested to see what you guys would choose based on unbiased decisions.

LOL Whoops forgot to mention my choice of Pinball simulation, and that would be Zen Pinball. I like the idea of reimagining tables and it gives you the feel that you can't get anywhere.

Around where I live there isn't one Pinball place in CA! The only place would be a wannabe Pinball table at Chucky Cheese and yeah LOL!

Also when do you like to play Pinball? Evening? Morning? Night? I like playing around evening, BTW Those soundtracks KICK BUTT LOL! Love listening to the fine piece, turning off everything except the music!

PS-Would like more realistic tables a little less cartoons?
    Zen Pinball(2)
    61.54%
    Pro Pinball
    7.69%
    Pinball Arcade
    28.21%
    Pinball:Williams Collection
    2.56%
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 09-26-2012, 01:41 AM.
  • Freelance
    • Oct 2010

Sorry, but I don't think Zen is 'the big guns.' I prefer more realistic simulations of pinball so I largely prefer The Pinball Arcade over Zen. I also love the Pro Pinball series. Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon is good too as well the Farsight's older games. All these are great for authentic pinball action.

I play non realistic pinball on occasion but it's not the same thing.

I also play whenever I feel like it.

Comment

• melvo24
      • Sep 2012

This is actually the first pinball simulation i have ever played. Its actually making me wanna go buy a real pinball machine...lol. Too bad i wont find any like the ones in the game. Pinball machines that come with animated characters will be hard to find..
      Last edited by melvo24; 09-26-2012, 01:30 AM. Reason: take out psn ID so i can learn how to add it as a footer

PSN ID: melvo24 (add me for Zen or any other game i may like.....peace)

Comment

• LumaFan")
        Banned
        • May 2012

Originally posted by melvo24
        This is actually the first pinball simulation i have ever played. Its actually making me wanna go buy a real pinball machine...lol. Too bad i wont find any like the ones in the game. Pinball machines that come with animated characters will be hard to find..
        LOL I would too! If it wasn't 2 MILLION bucks on eBay!

I was looking at some just a couple minutes ago, there was like a Simpsons one for around that price and TAXI table and TONS MORE!

Comment

• Freelance
          • Oct 2010

Wish I could get my own pin as well, but they're a) too expensive, b) too big to place in my home, and c) costs too much to maintain when parts break down and such.

Comment

• maink
            Pinball Wizard
            • Dec 2011

i really didn't like the pinball arcade ball physics , just too floaty for me , it looks like the ball is not even part of the game. but i will buy it if it gets a discount or even better free for plus users.
            for gaming mostly on the weekends , too tired after work to start a pinball game it demands too much concentration.
            i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

• shogun00
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2011

For the poll, I have to go with Zen Pinball 2. I like the augmented reality aspect to it. Not to mention, the fact that I can play the table for a couple of hours straight.

I've played quite a few pinball games (Pro Pinball, Extreme Pinball, Pinball Arcade, Pinball Hall of Fame, Pinball Dreams/Fantasies, VPMAME, etc...) over the years, so no I'm not just limited to Zen.
              Last edited by shogun00; 10-02-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• iCub
                • Sep 2012

Flipnic on the PS2 was a wonderful take on pinball; totally removed from reality but packed full of interesting features. Everything from the graphics & presentation to the sound was completely quirky. I think it was by a Japanese studio originally and then tarted up for a western release. The gameplay branched out over numerous connected tables and missions were completed by moving around the game world. When I tried running it on my PS3 it was unplayable sadly, as the flipper lag was terrible. I still hope for a patched PS2 Classics release on PSN but it's very unlikely.

I think it is the influence of Flipnic that makes me like the more fantastical Zen tables; I can't get enough animated figures, special smoke effects and multiple play fields. It seems that with each release they get more imaginative. Long may it continue.

I have also been a fan of Pinball Dreams/Fantasies (Amiga) , True Pinball (PS1), Mile High Pinball (Nokia N-Gage), Kirby Pinball (Gameboy) amongst others.

I am now considering getting Pinball Arcade, but waiting for a few of the many many reported bugs to be ironed out.
                The demo released on the US PSN has just been patched so the slowdown has gone and they seem to have improved the lighting. However, I prefer to buy on the European PSN and that version still has problems with flipper lag :-( Hopefully with tomorrow's table update it will be gone.

Comment

• tenorhero
                  • Mar 2012

Poll question is odd. If I would play other pinball games it would be an actual real tables. Of course that said I would prefer Pro Pinball over TPA even though I never played it. The physics look really good.

I agree with Maink The physics in Pinball arcade in most of the tables are way too floaty. Just got Creature and Black Knight tonight and it really feels like it's a step down. Funhouse and Bride are pretty close but the other tables the balls are way to floaty. Played some real tables today and the ball physics are off IMO. Although pretty good it's not my cup of tea. on the reverse side Zen's physics has too much weight IMO so somewhere in the middle would be great.

I didn't vote on the poll. Of course I would pick Zen 2. I do like playing the old classic tables but the physics seem off to me.

Comment

• parathod
                    • Aug 2012

I recently tried some tables on Pinball Arcade for IOS and didn't care for them despite being a fan of the original real tables (Funhouse, Bride of Pinbot). Zen is all I need, but I wish they'd release tables on a quicker basis.

Comment

• surf1der
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by tenorhero
                      Poll question is odd. If I would play other pinball games it would be an actual real tables. Of course that said I would prefer Pro Pinball over TPA even though I never played it. The physics look really good.

I agree with Maink The physics in Pinball arcade in most of the tables are way too floaty. Just got Creature and Black Knight tonight and it really feels like it's a step down. Funhouse and Bride are pretty close but the other tables the balls are way to floaty. Played some real tables today and the ball physics are off IMO. Although pretty good it's not my cup of tea. on the reverse side Zen's physics has too much weight IMO so somewhere in the middle would be great.

I didn't vote on the poll. Of course I would pick Zen 2. I do like playing the old classic tables but the physics seem off to me.
                      The physics feel floaty because you play zp too much! Actually, TPA feels a tad floaty but the physics are more realistic than zp physics. I really like both of them but for different reasons. I have mostly been playing ZP2 recently because it is still fairly new and because of the tourney.

Pro pinball was great. If you have a pc, you can download a free copy of Big Race USA on their kickstarter page.

Comment

• LumaFan")
                        Banned
                        • May 2012

Pinball Arcade is great, especially on the Vita! Here are some my highly recommended tables to get:
                        Medieval Madness,Theatre of Magic,Tales of Arabian Nights,Bride of Pin-Bot.

These are all some of the best table worth playing on PA!

Comment

• tenorhero
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by surf1der
                          The physics feel floaty because you play zp too much! Actually, TPA feels a tad floaty but the physics are more realistic than zp physics. I really like both of them but for different reasons. I have mostly been playing ZP2 recently because it is still fairly new and because of the tourney.

Pro pinball was great. If you have a pc, you can download a free copy of Big Race USA on their kickstarter page.
                          It's more realistic but it's still way too floaty. like i mentioned certain talbes have it spot on. Tables like Funhouse, Bride are really good. Loved Medieval Madness but don't care for the TPA version. I don't recall the real table having the ball pop out of the moat and trickle down the left orbit and while I have my left flipper up it bounces all the way up past the left slingshot and then head to the left outlanes. I can understand a strong shot around the right orbit doing that but not from a soft roll down the left orbit. Some of the newer DLC tables are getting better.

Thanks for info on the download. I downloaded and I pretty much stand to what I mentioned earlier. Pro pinball's physics are really good. If Zen and TPA had pro's physics, then we would be in pinball heaven.

Comment

• LumaFan")
                            Banned
                            • May 2012

Maybe Farsight and ZEN could team up in a collab. to both make a Table! Would be a cold day in Summer, but that would be waaay too cool!

Comment

• Peridot Weapon
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by LumaFan")
                              Maybe Farsight and ZEN could team up in a collab. to both make a Table! Would be a cold day in Summer, but that would be waaay too cool!
                              To fit with their respective themes, Zen would need to create a physical table, then they could each put it in their respective game. Zen because they created it, Farsight because they'd be recreating the actual table.

That'd be worth it just for the factor. Heh.

Comment

Working...