Zen Studios Smuggles Solo: A Star Wars Story Content Into Pinball FX3 This September

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tech101
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by McLovin
    Solo Pack out now!

I'm not seeing it on my Switch screen.....😏😏
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• cantankerous--
      Pinball Wizard
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by McLovin
      Solo Pack out now!
      I got it on ps4 a few hours ago. I suck at all 3 so far
      Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
      2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
      sigpic

Comment

• duckscott
        • Dec 2017

So I purchased the table pack on PS4 an hour ago. It says installed, but I can't download the tables. There are bouncy arrows next to the tables, but I don't see any active downloads. Any suggestions?

Comment

• cantankerous--
          Pinball Wizard
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by duckscott
          So I purchased the table pack on PS4 an hour ago. It says installed, but I can't download the tables. There are bouncy arrows next to the tables, but I don't see any active downloads. Any suggestions?
          You need the demo table pack and the unlock key. So, two files to download. I had to close the application before it would allow me to play after installing both files.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
          3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
          sigpic

Comment

• duckscott
            • Dec 2017

I only got the add-on pack. No demo pack. No idea how to get this.
            What do I do?

Comment

• cantankerous--
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by duckscott
              I only got the add-on pack. No demo pack. No idea how to get this.
              What do I do?
              There are two files. If you dont purchase it then its a demo, but if you purchase it you get the add-on and the key. You could just go to your downloads and reinstall both files.

sigpic

Comment

• duckscott
                • Dec 2017

Can someone from zen help me?
                I purchased the table pack, same as always. My paypal account was charged, and I got the confirmation email from Sony Playstation.
                The 1.1 MB add-on was downloaded and installed. However, there was no second (demo) file like there usually is.
                When I go to play the table in the main screen, there are bouncy arrows next to the table icons, indicating that the tables need to be downloaded. But, when I push X to proceed, I can not download anything.
                I don't see any active downloads, and nothing that I can see to reinstall the files.
                I have restarted the PS4 3 times.
                Please help.
                Thanks

Comment

• cantankerous--
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2016

Dude, just go back to the store. The file will be there. No one from Zen will be here till tomorrow morning.

I have experienced this same issue in the past.

sigpic

Comment

• duckscott
                    • Dec 2017

Got it working now thanks.

Comment

• cantankerous--
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Nov 2016

Awesome. Sorry if it sounded like I was getting frustrated. It's cause I was. lol

sigpic

Comment

• bosstime
                        Pinhead
                        • Dec 2017

the lando table is unplayable due to that left outlane.

Comment

• Sgt_Tenor
                          • Jun 2017

Tried out the SOLO pack and have to admit, these are pretty good.

The Solo table is very interesting and can lead to pretty high scores IMO especially with the Multi-ball that you have to start by capturing it then hit the captured ball. Modes are easy to start once you get used to the shot to light the letters and then do the mode. I really like this table because of the moving targets that requires timing and accuracy. All modes require hitting lanes and ramps that lit in random order. Appreciate this table as it felt better than the last SW pack.

Calrissian table I like too. Scenes start by shooting the sinkhole 3 times. You can pick which ones to start. Another table that I think requires accurate shots which I love. Seems harder than solo but I still haven't got the feel for the table yet.

The last table - Battle for ???? Is ok. This is a table I have had less time with. I thought I'd like it better than the above 2 but didn't. It reminded me too much of Jurassic Park Pinball Mayhem. I think you shoot the blue-lit lanes several times and go into the sinkhole just below the bumpers when it appears. There are several modes started this way but couldn't pinpoint what each does.

Overall great table pack and a bit better than the last SW pack IMO.

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                            • Jun 2017

Because it had a wizard mode achievement, I started out with Lando’s table. I’ve beaten it twice now and I like it quite a bit. The gameplay can get pretty hectic at times, mostly because of all those pop-up targets. I also (and always) appreciate the fact that the missions are easy and fast to start up.

The table is more ambitious than Jurassic World but less so than Aliens. Of course I haven’t seen everything the table’s got to offer yet but so far, I haven’t come across any FX essential for gameplay that wouldn’t be possible to recreate on a real life table. (Typical for a Crofts design.) I haven’t worked on strategies yet but I like the fact that you can use multi ball during (all?) the missions. I do feel he could have done more with the cross ramp. It’s somewhat underused. And the wizard mode celebration is a bit of an anti- climax. Especially after all the fireworks on Adventure Land.

The left outlane definitely bumps up the difficulty level. It wouldn’t be out of place on a real life table either. I tried backhanding the pop-up targets with my left flipper up, even after the shot, to try to keep the ball away from the left corner but it ain’t easy. Wall nudging is hard too.

Which forced me to come up with a very strange strategy for beating the table. I haven’t played the classic mode yet but I used the Rewind wizard power in normal single player basically as a left kick back.

I also found that bang backs from the right outlane are remarkable easy, especially compared to bang backs from the left, which are almost impossible. Crofts can always step in to correct me, but I really think this is intentional. So I basically ended up ignoring the ‘normal’ kick backs altogether

I’m really burned out on the Star Wars theme too but it’s still a fun table for me.
                            So cheers Crofts!

btw
                            I recorded my second playthrough. It’s quite chaotic and I’m not very good at the table yet but maybe it can help some players having difficulty with the achievement…Good luck!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            Last edited by MuddyWolf_Beta; 09-15-2018, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• Croftanator
                              Table Designer
                              • Oct 2011

Thanks for the mini 'review' and glad you seemed to enjoy the table It was also nice to watch a video of the table where someone actually uses a bit of skill from time to time

Yeah, the Smuggle Run Multiball can be started any time apart from during the Skill Shot.

I actually found bang backs were easier to do from the left outlane - so it's not really something which was intentionally designed. Several people have complained the left outlane in particular is too harsh, so it's something we may tweak, as again, it wasn't supposed to be quite so unforgiving.

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                                • Jun 2017

Although I had lots of fun with it, I agree that the left outlane could probably use a nerf with the classic mode in mind
                                Strange that you have less problems with bang backs from the left than from the right though. For me, it really is the exact opposite.

I’m still enjoying the table. With the missions beaten, I’m now searching for the best way to score.

Thanks for the hard work & the reply

Comment

Working...