What do you think after playing the new physics tables and coming back to Zen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TuttiDeLeon
    Pinhead
    • May 2018

Anyone remember Rocky & Bullwinkle? That was hardcore. Shame it got delisted, it might have made for a good fit with the new physics.

Comment

• teamski
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Vincent
      Cloda is perfectly right on this. Earth Defense, Excalibur, Rome, Pasha, Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, were all excellent tables which were considerably more arcade-oriented. It would not be senseless at all to implement new physics for them. Even Ironman or Blade would surely be enjoyable with this option.
      I don't think the tables would play right with the new physics to be honest. They were specifically made for the FX physics model. You plop the real physics model on them and I bet a ton of issues pop up, i.e., flipper angles, rebounds into the drain, weird behavior with the 3d models, etc......

-Ski

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamski
        I don't think the tables would play right with the new physics to be honest. They were specifically made for the FX physics model. You plop the real physics model on them and I bet a ton of issues pop up, i.e., flipper angles, rebounds into the drain, weird behavior with the 3d models, etc......

-Ski
        All we are saying is that some older, more traditional layout tables will easier and more naturally lend themselves to being adapted to the real physics. Zen is already showing it is possible to tweak a table to run with different physics by having a form of the original zen physics on the Williams tables as an option along with the classic arcade physics.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• shawn
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by TuttiDeLeon
          Anyone remember Rocky & Bullwinkle? That was hardcore. Shame it got delisted, it might have made for a good fit with the new physics.
          I found this table to be great fun. And i agree that the new physics would have most likely been a good fit for this table. Man this makes me miss the early days of pinball fx. All these Marvel and Star Wars tables of the last few years, just not as exciting to me.

Comment

• TuttiDeLeon
            Pinhead
            • May 2018

Originally posted by shawn
            I found this table to be great fun. And i agree that the new physics would have most likely been a good fit for this table. Man this makes me miss the early days of pinball fx. All these Marvel and Star Wars tables of the last few years, just not as exciting to me.
            Speed Machine, Extreme, Agents & Buccaneer. All great tables with a feel closer to real pinball, (@ least in terms of table design). I really miss them, particularly Speed Machine. Might have to fire up the Xbox 360 for a spot of nostalgia,

Comment

• RuySan
              Pinball Fan
              • Jan 2018

Excalibur with arcade physics sounds like a nightmare. It would be 10x more drain heavy than Star Trek

Comment

• McLovin
                Marketing Manager
                • Apr 2017

That would be pretty fun to see how our originals and older tables would fare with the Deep Engine.

Our tables, while having real machines in mind are somewhat differently designed (flipper angle or the size of the drain for example) and it's curious if some shots would be makeable the same way etc.

It is a good idea nonetheless, and it would be great to experiment with it.

We'll see when or if this would become reality, but we are very glad that you like the new system.

Comment

• MultiForce
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by McLovin
                  That would be pretty fun to see how our originals and older tables would fare with the Deep Engine.

Our tables, while having real machines in mind are somewhat differently designed (flipper angle or the size of the drain for example) and it's curious if some shots would be makeable the same way etc.

It is a good idea nonetheless, and it would be great to experiment with it.

We'll see when or if this would become reality, but we are very glad that you like the new system.
                  Add it as a beta feature and we'll test it for you.We're cheap labor anyway

Comment

• Vincent
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MultiForce
                    Add it as a beta feature and we'll test it for you.We're cheap labor anyway
                    I vote for it... and please include me among the beta-testers this time...

Comment

• zaphod77
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Mar 2012

I'd be happy to test as well.

Comment

Working...