Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johneboy1970
    • Mar 2012

Tournaments?

Now that ZP2 is up and running, and all the little bugs and glitches with the launch have been ironed out, I was wondering: when can we see something in the ‘Tournaments” tab on our in-game menu? While I have some serious doubts about my ability to finish ‘in the money’, it would still be a thrill to participate.

So what do you think, Zen: anything cooking for us on that front?
  • shogun00
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2011

They don't hold many tournaments (about once every 6-12 weeks), but when they do they offer prizes to the top 3 scorers and they hold a random drawing (usually 3 winners) for those that participated.
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-20-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• johneboy1970
      • Mar 2012

Thanks, Shogun. I don't recall ever seeing anything pop up when I was playing ZP1, so I wasn't sure how it worked. I know that top 3 might be out of my reach (the competition is fierce and quite good), but a drawing after the fact would at least keep me in the running, heh heh. Either way, it would still be fun to get my pin-ball on tourney style. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon to look forward to in that respect!

Comment

• LumaFan")
        Banned
        • May 2012

Originally posted by johneboy1970
        Thanks, Shogun. I don't recall ever seeing anything pop up when I was playing ZP1, so I wasn't sure how it worked. I know that top 3 might be out of my reach (the competition is fierce and quite good), but a drawing after the fact would at least keep me in the running, heh heh. Either way, it would still be fun to get my pin-ball on tourney style. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon to look forward to in that respect!
        Hey johneboy! Yeah, also these Tournaments usually cost a lot of money so SONY hosts them once in a loooong time.

Also ZEN doesn't actually host these tournaments,it goes through Sony and any other company or dev.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by LumaFan")
          Hey johneboy! Yeah, also these Tournaments usually cost a lot of money so SONY hosts them once in a loooong time.

Also ZEN doesn't actually host these tournaments,it goes through Sony and any other company or dev.
          We host them, we just have to work with Sony (and MS) to get them to prop the tournaments and have them go live on the day we need them to.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

I have a couple of tournaments planned, I will let you all know as soon as we get dates for the next one confirmed.

Comment

• maink
              Pinball Wizard
              • Dec 2011

im down for a tournament since i missed infinity gaunlet , it was posted in stickys so when i checked the forums i scrolled fast down to see and i missed it and i wasn't playing mp because that week i was swapping my hard drive , so i haven't played a tournament since epic quest.
              i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

• shogun00
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2011

I don't recall ever seeing anything pop up when I was playing ZP1, so I wasn't sure how it worked.
                Not many popped up on ZP1. I think I only seen 3 or 4 tournaments. The bulk of them were on Marvel Pinball.

Comment

• johneboy1970
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                  I have a couple of tournaments planned, I will let you all know as soon as we get dates for the next one confirmed.
                  Thanks for letting us know, Barbie! Looking forward to it!

Comment

• JJ-F1
                    • Jul 2009

I'm anxiously waiting for tournaments to start too! yay!

Comment

• hunter328
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Apr 2012

Are you notified in game that a tourney is coming or is it something you need to check here for information about it? Also would there have to be separate tournies for PS3 and Vita or how would that work?
                      sigpic

Comment

• shogun00
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hunter328
                        Are you notified in game that a tourney is coming or is it something you need to check here for information about it? Also would there have to be separate tournies for PS3 and Vita or how would that work?
                        There are two ways to tell if a tournament is coming.

1.) On these forums.
                        2.) Through the game itself. Just click on the tournament icon on ZP2.

The information for an upcoming tournament is usually posted up a week in advance.

The leader boards for the PS3 and Vita versions are one in the same, so the tournaments for the two versions should be the same (all in one).

Comment

• Icaras
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by shogun00
                          Not many popped up on ZP1. I think I only seen 3 or 4 tournaments. The bulk of them were on Marvel Pinball.
                          Indeed.
                          I bought ZP back in January 2011 and the only tourney I managed to play was Epic Quest.
                          MP on the other hand had many tourneys held.

Let's hope that more of these will happen in the future now that the tables are integrated in one platform!
                          PSN: DreamyElf

Comment

• sui99
                            • Jan 2011

Any news on upcoming tournaments?

It would be great if they either:

a) could be announced earlier

b) run longer than a week

It's really easy to miss tournaments if you're not playing on a daily basis anymore...

Comment

• shogun00
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sui99
                              Any news on upcoming tournaments?
                              Nothing yet and with the NY Comic Con going off this week. I doubt we will see one anytime soon.

It would be great if they either:

a) could be announced earlier

b) run longer than a week
                              A.) Not possible, since they announce them as soon as Sony approves them.

B.) Not possible, since a portion of the leader boards resets weekly.

It's really easy to miss tournaments if you're not playing on a daily basis anymore...
                              You don't need to play on a daily basis. You just need to either check these forums or check the tournament tab in the game on a weekly basis.

Tournaments are usually announced (here) and listed (in game) in a week in advance.

Comment

Working...