Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam on May 10th!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DjParagon
    • Apr 2013

It is live ! Awesome ! And thanks for the 10% discount, pretty nice ^^

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by twsh
      One problem here. I purchased all the packs but the Star wars pack is still locked. On my account profile appears the purchase of that pack but it is not at the list of dlc for this game on the steam client. I tried unlocking inside the game but the option seems it is not working. If I go to the dlc page steam says I already own this pack but when I push "Play this game" the pack remains locked.
      Anyone else with this problem?
      I'm seeing a few similar reports on the Steam community pages, we're looking into it, sit tight!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by snakeman07
        Hmm, no portrait mode. I guess it's in the operator's menu. I'll definitely be buying the core pack sometime soon. Oh, forgot to mention, it feels weird playing with a keyboard after all this time
        YES THERE IS!! You have to change the setting in the control panel in Windows first! Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution > Orientation > Portrait

Open the game and it should work

Comment

• The Loafer
          • May 2013

I am happy with the purchase (except for paying more than everybody else LOL), the games are very fun to play and on my pincab and its beefy pc, the graphics look great (thanks you for the 16 AA setting! ). I have found a few bugs, did you want them in this thread or will there be a thread created/dedicated for this? For example, in portrait mode, at least one of the DMD setting prevents the entire DMD to be seen. There are a few more as well.

Comment

• allmodcons
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
            YES THERE IS!! You have to change the setting in the control panel in Windows first! Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution > Orientation > Portrait

Open the game and it should work
            Surely the portrait mode should be controlled within the software... ie: Pinball FX2.
            In XP the display settings don't offer portrait orientation and never have.
            Oh well.

Comment

• Roo5676
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by allmodcons
              Surely the portrait mode should be controlled within the software... ie: Pinball FX2.
              Oh well.
              Hopefully that will be addressed when they add full cabinet support later. I guess I consider it a bonus that there is any kind of portrait mode at launch because at first they said it wouldn't have it right away. I'm going to try this out on my pincab as soon as I get home...

Comment

• allmodcons
                • Dec 2012

Oh well.
                It's possible to rotate within the nVidia display, however for a cab setup this is a nightmare. Will stick with the Win8 version dual booting into the cab for now.

Also I had to enable six windows services to get the cab a internet connection plus the Steam bloatware it is affecting performance of my VP tables, so will uninstall Steam now
                Last edited by allmodcons; 05-10-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• The Loafer
                  • May 2013

It's possible to rotate within the nVidia display, however for a cab setup this is a nightmare. Will stick with the Win8 version dual booting into the cab for now.

Also I had to enable six windows services to get the cab a internet connection plus the Steam bloatware it is affecting performance of my VP tables, so will uninstall Steam now
                  I have set it up on my desktop that steam is not run automatically but even then, you found VP was affected just because of the steam client was running? What type of pc do you have?

Comment

• The Loafer
                    • May 2013

Ten

Originally posted by Roo5676
                    Hopefully that will be addressed when they add full cabinet support later. I guess I consider it a bonus that there is any kind of portrait mode at launch because at first they said it wouldn't have it right away. I'm going to try this out on my pincab as soon as I get home...
                    I can tell you it works great. The only problems thus far:

- I was playing world war hulk and I had placed the dmd at the lower left since its a fairly large apron area. Well, I activated the arena, and oops, the dmd is covering the flippers since there is no apron on that mode. Ouch! So no dmd placement at the bottom, though I will try the small size dmd

- it's a bit of a pain to place the display in portrait but I appreciate having it, so just a little pain is not a big deal

- I wish we could zoom out a bit, it almost seems like it should be, some of the writing on the apron is not visible though i need to test all cameras

- With the dmd back at the top, the nice upper area is not really visible, not a bug but this connects to the camera view issue where if the camera was pulled back a bit more, this would not be an issue

- most of the views work but there is no perfect view, so hopefully more are coming.

- I mentioned the dmd bug earlier, where if you pick large dmd and upper left, part of it is offscreen.

A few more things, but overall it's pretty great. Don't misunderstand this list as a bad thing, most of these are "cab centric" so I know most should be resolved in the future and none of these stop me from playing it

Well done zen staff!

Comment

• allmodcons
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by The Loafer
                      I have set it up on my desktop that steam is not run automatically but even then, you found VP was affected just because of the steam client was running? What type of pc do you have?
                      I think it the combination of Steam plus 6 services plus a wireless internet key. It was only the odd stutter but enough to ruin a game of virtual Pinball. As soon as I killed Steam and close the services it was fine again.

The cabinet is 3-screen setup, core i7 over clocked, decent ram, sdd, etc. It took a lot of tweaking to play all VP tables, with UVP, b2s, directB2s silky smooth.

I really hate the Steam thing. The pita thing keeps popping up buy this, buy that. Even in offline mode it bugs you. I think that the way forward to get Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade in a cabinet is to have a separate drive to boot from with the Steam installed and internet, and a nice clean Steam-free and internet free drive for VP stuff.

Comment

• The Loafer
                        • May 2013

I think it the combination of Steam plus 6 services plus a wireless internet key. It was only the odd stutter but enough to ruin a game of virtual Pinball. As soon as I killed Steam and close the services it was fine again.

The cabinet is 3-screen setup, core i7 over clocked, decent ram, sdd, etc. It took a lot of tweaking to play all VP tables, with UVP, b2s, directB2s silky smooth.

I really hate the Steam thing. The pita thing keeps popping up buy this, buy that. Even in offline mode it bugs you. I think that the way forward to get Pinball FX2 and Pinball Arcade in a cabinet is to have a separate drive to boot from with the Steam installed and internet, and a nice clean Steam-free and internet free drive for VP stuff.
                        I have an i7 as well, guess I got lucky as so far anyway, VP is ok. I don't doubt you, I know how VP and associated programs are finicky from system to system. I know steam is not for everyone, but with these commercial pinball programs and licensing involved, it may be difficult to do without steam.

Comment

• allmodcons
                          • Dec 2012

- I was playing world war hulk and I had placed the dmd at the lower left since its a fairly large apron area. Well, I activated the arena, and oops, the dmd is covering the flippers since there is no apron on that mode. Ouch! So no dmd placement at the bottom, though I will try the small size dmd

- it's a bit of a pain to place the display in portrait but I appreciate having it, so just a little pain is not a big deal

- I wish we could zoom out a bit, it almost seems like it should be, some of the writing on the apron is not visible though i need to test all cameras

- With the dmd back at the top, the nice upper area is not really visible, not a bug but this connects to the camera view issue where if the camera was pulled back a bit more, this would not be an issue

- most of the views work but there is no perfect view, so hopefully more are coming.

- I mentioned the dmd bug earlier, where if you pick large dmd and upper left, part of it is offscreen.

A few more things, but overall it's pretty great. Don't misunderstand this list as a bad thing, most of these are "cab centric" so I know most should be resolved in the future and none of these stop me from playing it

Well done zen staff!
                          In case I come over negative earlier I just want to say it more to do with Steam and being forced to have a network connection to install, etc. I am pleased and grateful Zen have bought this to PC.

One comment is the tables like the Win8 appstore version are way too bright particularly the ball. In win8 I adjusted setup the brightness way down in the nVidia control panel to compensate, however this can't be done in the in the XP install which is shared by VP cab setup, so a brightness control within FX2 would be warmly welcomed.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

I am happy with the purchase (except for paying more than everybody else LOL), the games are very fun to play and on my pincab and its beefy pc, the graphics look great (thanks you for the 16 AA setting! ). I have found a few bugs, did you want them in this thread or will there be a thread created/dedicated for this? For example, in portrait mode, at least one of the DMD setting prevents the entire DMD to be seen. There are a few more as well.
                            Start a new one pretty please I will sticky it when I have a moment.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Well done zen staff!
                              Thanks for posting all this!

Comment

• DjParagon
                                • Apr 2013

Hey, is there any way to hide the camera and pause symbols on the top left screen ? They are quite huge and disturbing...

Comment

Working...