X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solitude
    KickBeaten Down
    • Mar 2010

Technical Issues? Post Here

If you're having a technical issue such as poor performance, force closing, etc., please post the following information here:
    - The symptoms and their frequency (always, occasional, etc.)
    - The model of your hardware (e.g., Motorola Xoom)
    - The version of Android you are running (e.g., 2.3.4)
    - Anything else we should know (rooting, custom ROM, etc.)

There are a lot of different devices out there that all behave a little differently, so we appreciate your help in tracking down these problems!
  • Acefondu
    • Dec 2010

Loving the game so far as usual. Just thought I'd let you know the game crashed on me playing Wolverine just after saving a high score. Only happened once so far, but I'll keep you posted.

Ipad 2
    IOS 5 (newest one whichever that is)
    Not rooted or anything. Brand new Ipad 2 =)

Comment

• wiewiorcwaniak
      • Sep 2011

First of all why Zen Pinball isn't on my Android Market... I found it by link from Tegra Zone, the market page loads, but downloading is impossible... Why? My tablet is on Android 3.0.1. I get apk from another source... it isn't piracy but there is no way to get it from source!

Second I have v 0.91 on Sorcer's Lair on bonus stage - when voice is calling something like "this will be your prison" - the view Pan's to left and the flippers are frozen even when ball lands in the hole and scenery back to the normal pinball table. The same situation i found on my Iphone's 4 version. It is normal or some kind of bug?

Please release normal version for Android 3.x tablets, because I wan't buy and try anther tables!

Comment

• Solitude
        KickBeaten Down
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by wiewiorcwaniak
        First of all why Zen Pinball isn't on my Android Market... I found it by link from Tegra Zone, the market page loads, but downloading is impossible... Why? My tablet is on Android 3.0.1. I get apk from another source... it isn't piracy but there is no way to get it from source!

Second I have v 0.91 on Sorcer's Lair on bonus stage - when voice is calling something like "this will be your prison" - the view Pan's to left and the flippers are frozen even when ball lands in the hole and scenery back to the normal pinball table. The same situation i found on my Iphone's 4 version. It is normal or some kind of bug?

Please release normal version for Android 3.x tablets, because I wan't buy and try anther tables!
        The bug you describe is one we know about and are fixing ASAP.

What is the Brand and Model of your tablet?

Comment

• wiewiorcwaniak
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Solitude
          The bug you describe is one we know about and are fixing ASAP.

What is the Brand and Model of your tablet?
          Notion Ink Adam - it is the same as Acer Iconia (it has ported version of Android 3.x from Iconia).

Comment

• Solitude
            KickBeaten Down
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by wiewiorcwaniak
            Notion Ink Adam - it is the same as Acer Iconia (it has ported version of Android 3.x from Iconia).
            Ah, I think that is the problem. That tablet doesn't officially support Android 2.3.3 or higher or even the Android Marketplace unless you root it. Therefore, we can't add it to the list of compatible devices that can see the game on the Marketplace. You'll have to continue using a workaround to get the game, but with that tablet you should be used to doing things the hard way

Comment

• wiewiorcwaniak
              • Sep 2011

Ah, I think that is the problem. That tablet doesn't officially support Android 2.3.3 or higher or even the Android Marketplace unless you root it. Therefore, we can't add it to the list of compatible devices that can see the game on the Marketplace. You'll have to continue using a workaround to get the game, but with that tablet you should be used to doing things the hard way
              Maybe (I have Market and tablet is rooted)... but other THD games are avalible for download from Market. So my question is when i download new version from other source (i am not promote piracy) there is some way to buy table from App-In Purchase? Or this will be impossible or sth. Maybe problem is not on my Tablet - maybe this is common to problems similar to Galaxy Tab 10.1, their also couldn't get Zen Pinball from market am I right?

EDIT: I have a small suggestion, maybe in a future update add the support for USB, for example, my tablet, has 2 usb ports. You could then connect a USB keyboard (flippers assign the Shift keys), or add support for the game pads like on Riptide GP did. In the Market There are several programs that allow you to connect with the PS3 game pad or other, and the Android 3.x allows you to work with USB gamepads.
              Last edited by wiewiorcwaniak; 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Solitude
                KickBeaten Down
                • Mar 2010

It's possible that other THD games show as available because they don't require Android 2.3.3 like we do.

I am not sure whether the compatibility filter will prevent you from making in-app purchases. If it does, there's very little we can do about it.

The issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is different. It meets the required specs and therefore will be re-added to the list of compatible devices once we've done the relevant update.

We are definitely looking into adding USB controller support. But we want to work on bugs and technical issues first.

Comment

• wiewiorcwaniak
                  • Sep 2011

It's possible that other THD games show as available because they don't require Android 2.3.3 like we do.

I am not sure whether the compatibility filter will prevent you from making in-app purchases. If it does, there's very little we can do about it.

The issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is different. It meets the required specs and therefore will be re-added to the list of compatible devices once we've done the relevant update.

We are definitely looking into adding USB controller support. But we want to work on bugs and technical issues first.
                  Ok thanks today everything is working properly - now it is possible to download Zen Pinball from Market.
                  Now waiting for hardware keys support and it will be great fun.

Comment

• FunkySonicO
                    • Dec 2011

I get a crash and can't send any report issue...

- Frequency: Always.
                    - Hardware model: Motorola Milestone 2 (A953)
                    - Android Version: 2.3.4
                    - Rooting, custom ROM, chainfire.

Anyway, in the market It's say that the game is compatible with Motorola A953.

Any help? Thanks!

Comment

• Solitude
                      KickBeaten Down
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by FunkySonicO
                      I get a crash and can't send any report issue...

- Frequency: Always.
                      - Hardware model: Motorola Milestone 2 (A953)
                      - Android Version: 2.3.4
                      - Rooting, custom ROM, chainfire.

Anyway, in the market It's say that the game is compatible with Motorola A953.

Any help? Thanks!
                      Hmm, that device shouldn't be listed as compatible. The game only runs on Tegra-based devices. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to get it working on a PowerVR-based phone.

Comment

• crackervizzo
                        • Mar 2011

FYI - Galaxy Tab 10.1 issues should be resolved. Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Comment

• AARPS
                          • Jun 2011

App continues to run after closing it.

Beautiful game, thanks for making it! I'm not sure if this qualifies as a technical issue; when I quit the game it keeps a process running on the phone and makes it feel laggy. Is this a bug or by design? I really enjoy the game but having to go into 'manage apps' after playing isn't a feature I enjoy. G2X cm7.

Comment

• wiewiorcwaniak
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by AARPS
                            Beautiful game, thanks for making it! I'm not sure if this qualifies as a technical issue; when I quit the game it keeps a process running on the phone and makes it feel laggy. Is this a bug or by design? I really enjoy the game but having to go into 'manage apps' after playing isn't a feature I enjoy. G2X cm7.
                            Yes indeed the process is still working, probably Zen Studio could make - real Exit button it is good idea. For now you could use some Task Killer/Manager from Android Market and kill this process manually.

Comment

• taylankiran
                              • Dec 2011

Buying additional tables

Hi, i live in turkey. Android market is closed to our country. We can only download free aps or we can buy apps if the releaser sells it through it's website... So i guess, te appin purchase system tries to connect to android market to buy other tables. As a result i can't purchase any of them. Is there a solution for this. Because i really want to play all tables

Comment

Working...