Universal Classics Pinball™ is coming to Pinball FX3!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Universal Classics Pinball™ is coming to Pinball FX3!

Announcing Universal Classics Pinball™, coming soon for Pinball FX3 and Zen Pinball! Relive exciting moments from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial™, Back to the Future™ and Jaws™ in this amazing three table pack! Check out the trailer for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial™ table now!

Last edited by McLovin; 08-08-2017, 01:29 PM.
  • Everly
    Pinball Wizard
    • Jan 2013

Nice to see the veil pulled back on the new content. I think the Jaws table would be the most interesting, fantastic music to play with.

Comment

• grenadier
      Pinhead
      • Jun 2012

Music rights?

Originally posted by Everly
      Nice to see the veil pulled back on the new content. I think the Jaws table would be the most interesting, fantastic music to play with.
      I'm hoping they got the music rights for these. The Aliens, Rogue One, and Force Awakens tables were all hurt by not having the original music included. (Rogue One and Force Awakens used music from the older SW movies.) I'm hoping that going forward they can secure the original music from any media-related tables.

Some of the Marvel tables would have been enhanced by having their movie scores as well.

Along the same lines, voice clips are sometimes original, sometimes not. I know that these are probably an issue with the actors or something, but the more content we can get from the films, as opposed to imitations, the better.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
        Writer of Guides
        • Apr 2011

I need to get "Back to The Future" to sink my "Jaws" into that "E.T" table!
        sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
        *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Casio
          • Jun 2011

Hands on mini review of all three tables by gameinformer with a few screencaps:

Zen Studios has tapped three classic film franchises for the first table pack of its upcoming release of Pinball FX 3, and we've got exclusive hands-on impressions.

Jaws table artwork looks a little off to me more like Deep Blue Sea. Should have stuck with the classic 1975 poster artwork.

51Q961700WL._SY445_.jpg 41EFMWDZ3HL._SY445_.jpg
          Last edited by Casio; 08-08-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• grenadier
            Pinhead
            • Jun 2012

Music

I got an answer to my music question on the Facebook thread: these 3 will have new music due to licensing issues.

Comment

• Everly
              Pinball Wizard
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by grenadier
              I'm hoping they got the music rights for these. The Aliens, Rogue One, and Force Awakens tables were all hurt by not having the original music included. (Rogue One and Force Awakens used music from the older SW movies.) I'm hoping that going forward they can secure the original music from any media-related tables.

Some of the Marvel tables would have been enhanced by having their movie scores as well.

Along the same lines, voice clips are sometimes original, sometimes not. I know that these are probably an issue with the actors or something, but the more content we can get from the films, as opposed to imitations, the better.
              Well, looks like we got our answer. This is from the review that Casio provided a link to...
              While all three tables suffer a bit from the lack of authentic music and dialogue clips from the movies (the soundalike voice actors are hit or miss)
              Not what we wanted to hear for sure. Also pulled this from the review..
              Pinball FX 3 will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in late summer/early fall.
              We haven't seen anything from Zen regarding a time frame of release, it could be 2018 for all we have been told. Also, I'm pretty sure I read that FX3 would be out on PS4 and X1 first with PC to follow later, while this quote seems to indicate they would all be released at the same time. So take this portion with a helping of salt. Pretty sure the reviewer would recognize original music though.

Comment

• JaySTeeY
                • Apr 2014

Authentic music & dialog costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (in addition to what Zen has already paid for the game license)...

As far as release date, while I am excited for FX3 & the new tables, I can wait, especially if they need more time to fix things for the better...
                Last edited by JaySTeeY; 08-08-2017, 08:16 PM.
                XBL GT - JaySTeeY
                casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• Sgt_Tenor
                  • Jun 2017

I got an answer to my music question on the Facebook thread: these 3 will have new music due to licensing issues.
                  That's unfortunate. I'm not sure how I would be able to get into Back to the Future with its main Brass theme. Or John Williams' score for E.T and Jaws.

Surprising though as most all the SW tables have the SW theme.

Comment

• deep
                    Table Designer
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by Sgt_Tenor
                    That's unfortunate. I'm not sure how I would be able to get into Back to the Future with its main Brass theme. Or John Williams' score for E.T and Jaws.

Surprising though as most all the SW tables have the SW theme.
                    BTTF table has stackable multiball madness so you won't even notice the music

Comment

• Klart
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Everly
                      We haven't seen anything from Zen regarding a time frame of release, it could be 2018 for all we have been told.
                      The FAQ says:

"We are targeting a summer release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Win 10 and Steam"

Haven't heard anything since.

The FAQ also says: The majority of your previous purchases can be imported to Pinball FX3 for FREE. We will confirm the Pinball FX3 table roster in the coming days.

We've been waiting for that table roster since the end of June, so take their timing with a grain of salt.

Comment

• grenadier
                        Pinhead
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by JaySTeeY
                        Authentic music & dialog costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (in addition to what Zen has already paid for the game license)...
                        I would argue that the music, dialog, and sound effects should be part of the license agreement. If not, what exactly are you licensing? The name and the images alone seem like you're only getting a partial package of assets.

Yes, these things cost money. But expecting customers to shell out for tables that are incomplete could potentially be costing more.

Comment

• djb5f
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Jun 2015

tter.
                          Tend to agree although I would argue that the newer SW films were hurt more from not including the iconic SW music but yeah, they should match.

Btw, these tables are a great tie-in. Fabulous job there. I own all tables on PS3/PS4 so looking forward to seeing which come over and how trophies will be set up in Pinball FX3.

Comment

• shogun00
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by deep
                            BTTF table has stackable multiball madness so you won't even notice the music
                            I knew you were the one that worked on the BTTF table.

Comment

• deep
                              Table Designer
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by shogun00
                              I knew you were the one that worked on the BTTF table.
                              Many years ago I called dibs on BTTF if we ever doing it. It is one of my all time favorite movies. If not THE favorite.

Comment

Working...