Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dariusz
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
    Question from QA: Are you able to log into Xbox Live (via the separate Xbox app)?
    I have the xbox windows app installed and I can access it.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Dariusz
      I have the xbox windows app installed and I can access it.
      Awesome - thanks for the quick response

Comment

• Dariusz
        • Dec 2016

Awesome - thanks for the quick response
        please let me know if there is anything else we can try.. is it possible I can not start up the game due to something changing within windows?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2012

please let me know if there is anything else we can try.. is it possible I can not start up the game due to something changing within windows?
          Definitely possible, though we haven't found what is causing this yet, but they are still investigating - apologies for the delay. I will get back to you as soon as I have any info or suggestions.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Heard back from QA, this should get a patch next week (likely Tuesday) to resolve the issue. Let me know if you still have trouble after the update!

Comment

• Dariusz
              • Dec 2016

Heard back from QA, this should get a patch next week (likely Tuesday) to resolve the issue. Let me know if you still have trouble after the update!
              will do! thank you for the update.. keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

• Dariusz
                • Dec 2016

I noticed the new update in windows store today.. got all excited, installed it and upon first run I had the pinball fx2 logo for about 5 seconds before the window closed again.. now when I run it it's the same thing as before.. window opens and closes right after 1 second upon trying to open the game.. i think i might be better off just reinstalling a fresh copy of windows.. not sure what happened in the past that the game stopped working.. i'll check back once in a while to see if there are any new updates but I don't want to be wasting too much of your time either.. i wanted to stick to the win10 version in case i could share tables between xbox one in the future but i might just use the steam version instead since that is working for me..
                thank you for all your help... if u still need me to try something i don't mind at all.. but it is no emergency if i am the only one that has this issue..

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

I noticed the new update in windows store today.. got all excited, installed it and upon first run I had the pinball fx2 logo for about 5 seconds before the window closed again.. now when I run it it's the same thing as before.. window opens and closes right after 1 second upon trying to open the game.. i think i might be better off just reinstalling a fresh copy of windows.. not sure what happened in the past that the game stopped working.. i'll check back once in a while to see if there are any new updates but I don't want to be wasting too much of your time either.. i wanted to stick to the win10 version in case i could share tables between xbox one in the future but i might just use the steam version instead since that is working for me..
                  thank you for all your help... if u still need me to try something i don't mind at all.. but it is no emergency if i am the only one that has this issue..
                  You definitely aren't the only one, so no need to reinstall Windows (unless of course you have other issues with Windows). I've let the team know so they can investigate why the patch didn't resolve this issue for you.

Comment

• Dariusz
                    • Dec 2016

You definitely aren't the only one, so no need to reinstall Windows (unless of course you have other issues with Windows). I've let the team know so they can investigate why the patch didn't resolve this issue for you.
                    no, I have no other issues... every other app or game if it's from windows store or anywhere else works just fine.. in this case i'll keep checking back here.

thank you..

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2012

no, I have no other issues... every other app or game if it's from windows store or anywhere else works just fine.. in this case i'll keep checking back here.

thank you..
                      Can you please try these steps and let me know how it goes?

1) Uninstall the game
                      2) Download it again from the store
                      3) Go offline
                      4) Launch the app and see if the same issue occurs

Comment

• Dariusz
                        • Dec 2016

Can you please try these steps and let me know how it goes?

1) Uninstall the game
                        2) Download it again from the store
                        3) Go offline
                        4) Launch the app and see if the same issue occurs
                        so a few things happened here..

i always used pinballFX 2 for win 10.. i think I only had one table there that I got all achievements on.. anyways.. i went ahead and uninstalled pinballFX2 for win 10 and reinstalled.. after I made this PC the one to be able to run games in offline mode i tried to run the game for first time so i can run in offline mode.. and as usual window just closed right away.. i then disconnected my network and tried running the game again and same thing happened..
                        I then decided to uninstall the game again, reinstall it and run it right away with cable disconnected without running it first in online mode.. anyways as I was about to reinstall pinballFX2 for win 10 I noticed there was another pinballFX 2 (it just didn't have win 10 at the end).. i installed that version and it is running.. but i guess whatever I achieved in the win10 version does not show up... i can see there are a few differences as i can't select resolutions from this versions and can't go full screen compared to win 10 edition..
                        lastly, this might be a bit off topic but looks like this version is synced to my xbox account.. any chance i can sync my tables from my xbox that i purchased?

just a quick update.. i did install the win10 edition again, disconnected network right after and still doesn't start up.. windows just closes within a second.

thank you.
                        Last edited by Dariusz; 02-03-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Dariusz
                          • Dec 2016

i also wanted to add that i only have a few tables listed under zen studios, few from marvel and few from star wars available in this Pinball FX2 version... seems a lot of tables are missing from being able to be downloaded
                          also when i try to run a table i get a message "loading profile.. please try again later".. however it does say I am signed in as myself
                          Last edited by Dariusz; 02-03-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Thanks for letting me know, we'll be working on a fix for this. The other version of the game you're seeing is the Win8 version, which is no longer supported. I'll let the team know about your response for this

Comment

• Dariusz
                              • Dec 2016

Thanks for letting me know, we'll be working on a fix for this. The other version of the game you're seeing is the Win8 version, which is no longer supported. I'll let the team know about your response for this
                              ok good to know, i will remove the win8 version in that case..

Comment

• dta828
                                • Mar 2017

Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem.

Comment

Working...