Pinball FX3 - Launch 2P HS or other options via command line?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeekDadKevin
    • Nov 2016

Pinball FX3 - Launch 2P HS or other options via command line?

I really do enjoy and very much appreciate the cabinet support Pinball FX2/3. However, I'm playing in single player normal from PinballX and it's painful to exit PinballX and load up FX3 if there is more than one player. I mean part of the coolness is not letting everyone see it's really just windows running in the background. Is there/can there be a command line option to choose hotseat with 2 players or single player classic or even hotseat with more players?

Thanks,
    GDK
  • spacecowboy420
    • Oct 2017

Hi I was looking to do this as well as I only play classic mode and would love it if pinballx could launch into classic but from the info I found out on different pinball forums it doesn't look like you can change the code -applaunch 442120 "-table_[TABLEFILE] to have any different outcome.

I tried to get round this by mapping a button to start in x360ce and adding four directional buttons to get into the menus and navigate to change modes but this became annoying I have now given up using pinballx with fx and just launch fx on its own and use pinballx to launch visual and future pinball. It's a shame as it nearly works perfect but its just to much hassle having to go into the menu every time and defeats the purpose of using a front end.

so Zen if possible could you look into more direct table launch options would be very grateful.
    Last edited by spacecowboy420; 02-28-2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• hajdu
      Community Representative
      • Nov 2017

Hey there,
      to launch the tables in classic mode you have to add -class into the command line and it should work fine.

Comment

• spacecowboy420
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by hajdu
        Hey there,
        to launch the tables in classic mode you have to add -class into the command line and it should work fine.
        Thanks for the info Hajdu this has made my day. If any one needs the the full command line it should look like this -applaunch 442120 -class "-table_[TABLEFILE]" took a bit of trial and error getting it in the right place in the command line but got it working now

Comment

• joyrider3774
          Pinhead
          • Jan 2011

i know it's an old tread but maybe the original poster still wants to know.

To enable hotseat from commandline use -hotseat_X option where X is number 2 3 or 4 to enable local hot seat mode there are more commandline parameters. I'll sum them up..

-offline -> be in offline mode
          -hotseat_x -> (x= 2 3 or 4) local multiplayer hotseat (not sure if it needs cabinet mode)
          -table_XXX -> (XXX = pxp filename without extension) load table (needs cabinet mode)
          -class -> enable arcade classic physics, as far as i'm aware there is no way to enable tournament physics on the williams tables (yet)

for example steam -applaunch 442120 -offline -hotseat_2 -table_Citadel will start sorcerers line in offline mode with 2 player hotseat

Comment

• pbo
            • Nov 2018

Originally posted by joyrider3774
            as far as i'm aware there is no way to enable tournament physics on the williams tables (yet)
            That's what I'm asking for too, here and in the steam forums.

Comment

Working...