X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeanderL
    Pinball Wizard
    • May 2013

Barbie, please take a look at this screenshot. The arrow next to "Tesla" looks damaged. It looks strange imo...if you hover this "something" the back arrow is displayed but without hovering it it looks odd. It's like that in all tables (not just in "Tesla").

http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• Fpala
      • Apr 2013

Update the 5.1 sounds - Possibilty to move the dmd with mouse- Hide pause/cam button

Update the 5.1 sounds please:

During the game, all sounds are in the center speakers, except the sounds of Special Effects ?? That is very unfortunate...
      For me, your greats music’s themes during the game should be in the 4 others speakers...

-Give us the possibilty to move the DMD with the mouse control, make this dream comes true !

And please, hide the pause/camera on the top who disturb the visibility of the game...

Thanks
      Last edited by Fpala; 05-12-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• shogun00
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by LeanderL
        And in addition to my previous ideas please think about fixed cams (user selections) that do not automatically change during multiball. I know that the view must be changed for certain minigames etc. but the zooming out during multiball really doesn't make sense.
        The scroll cameras don't work properly when multiple balls are present. That's why the game has to force the angle to a fixed/locked one during multiball modes. You have three cameras to choose during the multiball ball, so try switching the angle and go with the one that works for you.
        Last edited by shogun00; 05-12-2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Roo5676
          • Sep 2011

The arena bug on hulk that I've seen reported previously is still there on this version. On one of the 8 or so times that I got to the arena today, no ball was launched. I shook the table and the ball then was spit back to the playfield, but the flippers then didn't work, despite making their sounds. I heard no tilt warnings so I don't think it tilted. The next ball launched didn't fix it so i had to restart.

Edit: the flipper sounds I heard were probably the flippers in the arena still going while the main ones were deactivated.

Edit2: This has been fixed. Thank you!
          Last edited by Roo5676; 05-27-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• LeanderL
            Pinball Wizard
            • May 2013

Originally posted by shogun00
            The scroll cameras don't work properly when multiple balls are present. That's why the game has to force the angle to a fixed/locked one during multiball modes. You have three cameras to choose during the multiball ball, so try switching the angle and go with the one that works for you.
            Thanks. Ah, that makes sense, yes. I usually play with the first view (1, not 0) which is a static view so I didn't think of scrolling cameras and multiple balls.
            http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• binaryfox
              • May 2013

A recommendation I would have is to allow players to select their Tilt/Flipper buttons themselves. On my keyboard the Ctrl keys are very close to the flipper keys and accidentally tilting the table is easy. I tried the other layouts but they are too far away to the flippers to be useful. I would like to use Left Shift and \ and / and Right Shift, but this is not aloowed at present.

Greetings

Comment

• Solitude
                KickBeaten Down
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by binaryfox
                A recommendation I would have is to allow players to select their Tilt/Flipper buttons themselves. On my keyboard the Ctrl keys are very close to the flipper keys and accidentally tilting the table is easy. I tried the other layouts but they are too far away to the flippers to be useful. I would like to use Left Shift and \ and / and Right Shift, but this is not aloowed at present.

Greetings
                We're planning on adding full remapping functionality, but it's relatively low priority compared to some other fixes/changes, so it probably won't be in the first update.

Comment

• Solitude
                  KickBeaten Down
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by shogun00
                  Yep! I'm trying to figure out what's causing it on my build. I came up with four possible solutions, but I don't have time now to check them out at them moment.

1.) Make sure the graphics card driver is up to date.
                  2.) Make sure your monitor is set to "game mode".
                  3.) Check the graphics settings on Windows and make sure that there aren't any motion enhancing* filters running.
                  4.) Try lowering the resolution and/or turn off the ball trails and anti-analyzing. Those use up quite bit of GPU memory.

* Motion enhancing only works on content with 30fps or less. It doesn't work too well with 60fps games. Usually both the monitor and graphics card have these features available.
                  One other thing to try is (on systems with nvidia cards) creating a custom profile for the game in the nvidia control panel and reducing the "maximum pre-rendered frames" setting.

Comment

• JTenebrous
                    • Sep 2012

Please add an option to support 720p resolution (1280x720). Currently there is an option for 1280x768 and 1280x800, but not 1280x720, and that's the one I need - and I can find no configuration files in which to add a custom resolution. Why do I want 720p support? Because I have a great big TV that only runs at 60hz in 720p mode, and higher resolutions only run at 30hz which introduces unplayable flipper lag. My computer monitor is 1080p/120hz and it's what I will be using to play Pinball FX 2 most of the time (in portrait mode- yes!), but sometimes I prefer to kick back on the sofa and use my PC attached to my television like a super high-powered games console (I also have a PS3 with Zen Pinball 2 attached to the telly which runs 720p/60hz, but then I don't have the option to play tables like Rome and others that come in the FX2 Core Pack). This should be be super-easy to implement, so hope to see it soon

Comment

• Spellbot5000
                      • Nov 2010

Please, please, PLEASE let us enter our high-score initials with the keyboard. You're finally on a platform that has a native text-input device attached to it, and we can't use it to enter our initials?!? Back when PFX2 came out on consoles, I recommended at least saving the initials last entered so we wouldn't have to use the controller to enter them every time. That didn't happen, and were still in the same situation now. Forcing people to use the flipper buttons to scroll to each letter may be authentic, but that doesn't make it a good thing.

Comment

• caterpillarman
                        • May 2013

I came to report this same problem. After landing the I was having a good run too : (

Originally posted by Roo5676
                        The arena bug on hulk that I've seen reported previously is still there on this version. On one of the 8 or so times that I got to the arena today, no ball was launched. I shook the table and the ball then was spit back to the playfield, but the flippers then didn't work, despite making their sounds. I heard no tilt warnings so I don't think it tilted. The next ball launched didn't fix it so i had to restart.

Edit: the flipper sounds I heard were probably the flippers in the arena still going while the main ones were deactivated.
                        I came to report this same problem. After landing the ball in the center hole of the arena the ball was never relaunched. Tilting caused the camera to return to the original play field with unresponsive flippers. I was having a good run too : (

Comment

• binaryfox
                          • May 2013

Originally posted by Solitude
                          We're planning on adding full remapping functionality, but it's relatively low priority compared to some other fixes/changes, so it probably won't be in the first update.
                          I understand, I will try to get used to it meantime. Thank you for your consideration, the game is excellent.

Comment

• Method
                            • May 2013

How about an option to disable the characters on licensed tables?

I've only bought the non-licensed tables because they are more like normal pinball. The Star Wars and Marvel tables seem ok, but Boba Fett is flying in front of the play field, shooting at the ball... tie fighters are flying all over shooting lasers... Thanos is messing around in the game, Silver Surfer is zapping him with beams... Green Goblin is flying all over... the Fear Itself table has some chick with a hammer who does acrobatics to get over to the plunger and hit the ball... IT'S TOO MUCH

I might buy the tables if I could disable all the distractions, otherwise I'll stick to the generic tables, since they are a bit more restrained, and closer to normal pinball.

Comment

• Solitude
                              KickBeaten Down
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by binaryfox
                              I understand, I will try to get used to it meantime. Thank you for your consideration, the game is excellent.
                              You can always use a 3rd-party keyboard remapping utility. I am pretty sure there are freeware ones that let you switch keys as you please and use a hotkey combo to revert back to normal when you are done.

Comment

• rooter
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Fpala
                                Update the 5.1 sounds please:

During the game, all sounds are in the center speakers, except the sounds of Special Effects ?? That is very unfortunate...
                                For me, your greats music’s themes during the game should be in the 4 others speakers...

-Give us the possibilty to move the DMD with the mouse control, make this dream comes true !

And please, hide the pause/camera on the top who disturb the visibility of the game...

Thanks
                                It would be awesome if I could move the DMD to another screen. It would be a dream come true if I could see the DMD on my real DMD.

Comment

Working...