Suggestions for cabinets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roo5676
    • Sep 2011

Ok guys, everyone made their points. If you have suggestions please make them, but otherwise let's see what they announce. Guessing and debating won't really help us -- I think we are getting off topic.

Comment

• Solitude
      KickBeaten Down
      • Mar 2010

We're going to do as much as we can to make things easy, and stuff that's hard or impossible to work around is higher priority that stuff that is easier to work around.

But I don't think any of it is going to have a noticeable impact on sales. We just want to do it because pincabs are cool.

Comment

• Sir Cheddar
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Solitude
        But I don't think any of it is going to have a noticeable impact on sales. We just want to do it because pincabs are cool.
        Did I ever mention I like you guys?
        If you guys ever start to build a Cab for trade shows be sure to post your plans here in the forum. We always love to give "helpful" advice

Comment

• LoadedWeapon
          Pinhead
          • May 2013

We're going to do as much as we can to make things easy, and stuff that's hard or impossible to work around is higher priority that stuff that is easier to work around.

See now that's what im talking about.. Yea it will help sales a little cause I know some people are holding out for cab support but like me most of the cab owners prob already paid for all the tables just to help support it in hopes of future updates and things like cab support.. So like most of the others have said just give us dmd support to a second screen and I would be completely happy..Oh and thank you for the screen rotating options!

Comment

• allmodcons
            • Dec 2012

Rock and roll

Comment

• markmon
              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by rooter
              Also, you don't seem to know anything about cabs either and just seem to be talking out of your rear. Using the LEDWiz to make the flippers feel like real life flippers and using the shaker motor to physically move the cabinet when it shakes in game would be truly epic. If you don't have any suggestions for cabinets, perhaps you could stay out of the "Suggestions for cabinets" thread. Sorry, I don't really want to be rude to you, but aren't doing anything but a lot of typing in a discussion that you have no interest in.
              Wait, what? I have no interest in cabinets? I have 40 real pinball machines in my house and a pinball 2000 converted pinball cabinet I built running pinballfx2. I have built 3 pinball cabinets and have been into the cabinets for years. I have written programs to help setting up pinball cabinets (setdmd for example http://thebigboss.org/arcade/setdmd.html), have participated in visual pinball development, and have written something to display backglass images on pin cabinets for pinball fx2 posted here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=24545. But yea, I guess I don't belong here because I have no interest in cabinets. Thanks.

You know it is possible to have a huge love for cabinets and at the same time think using real plasma DMD or LEDWiz is not beneficial. The feel of real flippers vary a lot from machine to machine. Adding some sort of kick solenoids most definitely does not make them feel like real flippers.

Comment

• LoadedWeapon
                Pinhead
                • May 2013

Originally posted by markmon
                Wait, what? I have no interest in cabinets? I have 40 real pinball machines in my house and a pinball 2000 converted pinball cabinet I built running pinballfx2. I have built 3 pinball cabinets and have been into the cabinets for years. I have written programs to help setting up pinball cabinets (setdmd for example http://thebigboss.org/arcade/setdmd.html), have participated in visual pinball development, and have written something to display backglass images on pin cabinets for pinball fx2 posted here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=24545. But yea, I guess I don't belong here because I have no interest in cabinets. Thanks.

You know it is possible to have a huge love for cabinets and at the same time think using real plasma DMD or LEDWiz is not beneficial. The feel of real flippers vary a lot from machine to machine. Adding some sort of kick solenoids most definitely does not make them feel like real flippers.
                Mark not to be rude and I thank you in advance for anything you might have contributed in to help pinball but I really don't care if you are the pinball king as the title says this is just Suggestions for Cabinets so people can post what ever they would like to have for there pincab and whether or not zen wants to do any of these things its up to them.. Really dont need peoples opinions on what they think we should do with our cabs or what Zen should do... If you like pinball so much just support it. I myself have 2 pincabs and I dont use a real dmd but to each is own.. I will gladly take any support Zen gives us cab owners as a bonus to the great tables that they have already provided..

Comment

• gamester
                  • Feb 2013

You guys are awesome!

I can say that if you guys are willing to add these features just for the fact that you're fans of pincabs, I will do everything in my power to try to use those features to generate some extra buzz for you.

Comment

• LoadedWeapon
                    Pinhead
                    • May 2013

Zen if you could post us with an update if any of these things are being worked on atm or planned for the near future I know we would love to know.. Thank you!

1. DMD move to a second screen/support for custom dmd sizes?
                    2. Key remap for custom controls?
                    3. Option to turn off the auto zoom/like plunger and back of the table or Cutscenes?
                    4. Tables with extra small games/videos cutscenes switched to a 2nd monitor?
                    5. Be able to launch/exit tables without going thru the main menu?
                    6. Ledwiz support?

Comment

• markmon
                      • Jan 2013

I would like an option to disable all music during the menus prior to starting a game and upon exiting a game. Often a cabinet may be left on running and it would be nice if it could be silent until a game started. As it stands now, the only reasonable way to shut it up is to exit pinball fx.

Comment

• LoadedWeapon
                        Pinhead
                        • May 2013

Cab Support

Zen if you could post us with an update if any of these things are being worked on atm or planned for the near future I know we would love to know.. Thank you!

3. Audio/Music menu options on/off control
                        4. Option to turn off the auto zoom/like plunger and back of the table or Cutscenes?
                        5. Tables with extra small games/videos cutscenes switched to a 2nd monitor?
                        6. Be able to launch/exit tables without going thru the main menu?
                        7. Ledwiz support?

Solitude any word on any of this stuff? just a simple yea they working on for future patches or no not right now maybe later...

Comment

• sacredgaming
                          • Mar 2012

I just wanted to say thank you for listening to the virtual pinball community. Owning a pincab and having this is a great addition. I think most of the stuff has already been covered but, my biggest things are.

1.remapable buttons (while i already have a work around using fplaunch being able to do it native would be great)
                          2.Pindmd support. Im sure that something can be done to intercept the video already in place and allow it to play on the pindmd.
                          3.Multi monitor support for backglass images or better yet videos.

Other than that i think it looks great and i look forward to more tables.

Thanks again.

Comment

• sacredgaming
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by LoadedWeapon

3. Audio/Music menu options on/off control
                            4. Option to turn off the auto zoom/like plunger and back of the table or Cutscenes?
                            5. Tables with extra small games/videos cutscenes switched to a 2nd monitor?
                            6. Be able to launch/exit tables without going thru the main menu?
                            7. Ledwiz support?

Solitude any word on any of this stuff? just a simple yea they working on for future patches or no not right now maybe later...
                            For number 6
                            As far as i know this is already being done using pinballx.

Comment

• markmon
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by sacredgaming
                              For number 6
                              As far as i know this is already being done using pinballx.
                              That's got to be a horrible experience. There's no way to really launch one table. So it'll have to auto send the necessary key presses to get you there. That means still seeing all the logo screens and tons of time loading to get to one table then repeating it all to get to the next. Simply exiting one table will put you to the pinball fx menu where you can still change tables internally but then the backglass is out of sync with the game.

Comment

• Zarquon
                                • May 2013

After installing this last night and integrating it with my HyperPin setup, here is my list of suggestions:
                                1. Currently on the main menu you use the tab key to switch from the table specific menu to the table selection menu. You use the down arrow on the table selection menu to switch to the bottom menu which has the menu items such as Options Achievements, Leadboard, Exit, etc. I would like for the tab to take you to that bottom menu rather than the arrow keys.
                                2. Allow you to navigate menus using on the left and right keys. All cabinets have keys that make sense for left and right (specifically the flippers) Few have keys that make sense for up and down. Using the right or left keys should cycle to the next row when going through the table menu.
                                3. A view that does not zoom into the launch ball that makes sense for cabinet use.
                                4. Backglass on second monitor support, I know there is a work around for this but, I would like for it to include DMD support.
                                5. Native key remaping including the navigation (arrow) keys.
                                6. Ability to launch directly into a specific table
                                7. Lastly I know this isn't a cabinet specific request but Plants vs. Zombies please.

Comment

Working...