Civil War Comes to Pinball FX2 - Whose Side Are You On?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Civil War Comes to Pinball FX2 - Whose Side Are You On?

Check out our blog for more details and a trailer for our latest Marvel table!
  • rapierdwit
    • Jan 2011

Quick! Make an "Official Civil War Table" Thread before Pinballhalloffame does! Love those top-of-the-ramp flippers!

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
      Writer of Guides
      • Apr 2011

Wow can't wait to get into the trenches of this Table
      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Skode
        Pinball Wizard
        • Jul 2011

Hard to tell whats really going on from the trailer but looks decent enough. I wonder how the allies mechanic works... makes sense the likes of Invisible Woman, Human Torch and Spiderman being able to be recruited for both sides but the thought of Luke Cage for example siding with Iron Man given his extreme views against the Registration Act just wouldnt fit at all.

Still so far the main thing has been confirmed for me with the table... you can choose one side over another (ive always been pro-reg)

Comment

• Icedry
          • Jan 2012

Just checked XBLA to see if is possible to download... Not yet... Damn...

Comment

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
            Pinball Wizard
            • Sep 2011

So is there a release date?
            http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

• bazz
              • Jun 2012

not a big fan of the civil war comic event (honestly along with secret invasion and AvX it was one of the most dissapointing events marvel has done in a while) but then i wasn't a big fan of the fear itself comic until the table changed my opinion about it
              so who knows maybe this may change my opinion about the event too

Comment

• Cloda
                Pinball Wizard
                • Nov 2010

I'm quite keen now to play this table... I know nothing about the civil war comic events but will read main ones before the table is out.

From a quick look at the rule sheet on the Marvel Pinball web-site it seems that Zen has given quite a bit of thought to spice up the missions/modes and scoring strategy:

- Prologue multiball called Stamford, that you only have to play once if you want to as each new game you start will give you the option of not playing it again and starting the rest of the game with your highest score achieved for the multiball.
                - Choose on which side of the civil war you want to be on and you will play the missions accordingly e.g. multipliers system is different depending on who you choose.
                - You are encouraged to score combos specifically with an eye on increasing your EOB bonus.
                - You are encouraged to play through wizard mode twice as your second time around promises to score huge. I assume you can first play on the one side of the Civil War and then switch over after you have completed the Wizard mode.

It feels like the table is going to be a super high scorer but I guess we'll have to wait and see

When can we get our hands on it Barbie
                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• tenorhero
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Cloda
                  I'm quite keen now to play this table... I know nothing about the civil war comic events but will read main ones before the table is out.

From a quick look at the rule sheet on the Marvel Pinball web-site it seems that Zen has given quite a bit of thought to spice up the missions/modes and scoring strategy:

- Prologue multiball called Stamford, that you only have to play once if you want to as each new game you start will give you the option of not playing it again and starting the rest of the game with your highest score achieved for the multiball.
                  - Choose on which side of the civil war you want to be on and you will play the missions accordingly e.g. multipliers system is different depending on who you choose.
                  - You are encouraged to score combos specifically with an eye on increasing your EOB bonus.
                  - You are encouraged to play through wizard mode twice as your second time around promises to score huge. I assume you can first play on the one side of the Civil War and then switch over after you have completed the Wizard mode.

It feels like the table is going to be a super high scorer but I guess we'll have to wait and see

When can we get our hands on it Barbie
                  Where is this rule Sheet? Kind of sounds like Avengers in a way where instead of picking a hero (ball) you pick the side you want to play as. Interesting! probably done before but I like the idea that whichever you choose the missions and ways you get multipliers etc are completely different. That sounds so cool.

Comment

• Cloda
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by tenorhero
                    Where is this rule Sheet? Kind of sounds like Avengers in a way where instead of picking a hero (ball) you pick the side you want to play as. Interesting! probably done before but I like the idea that whichever you choose the missions and ways you get multipliers etc are completely different. That sounds so cool.
                    Its on the Marvel Pinball web-site under Tables. Its the first one coming up. The rule sheet is under the table image.

It will be interesting to see how much different the play mechanics will be between the two sides. You still seem to activate the multipliers the same for both... the one you can just increase it more and take longer to score a extra ball that way.
                    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• tenorhero
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Cloda
                      Its on the Marvel Pinball web-site under Tables. Its the first one coming up. The rule sheet is under the table image.

It will be interesting to see how much different the play mechanics will be between the two sides. You still seem to activate the multipliers the same for both... the one you can just increase it more and take longer to score a extra ball that way.

Yes finally checked it out. Didn't realize they actually put the rule sheet out for the table under 'Tables' Interesting premise indeed. And getting your all time multiball score? Wow!!! also seeing some of the mutiball jackpot scores makes me think this is indeed a high scoring table. 4.5m per shot at that center target. Maybe it's a table like Avengers where after your first wizard mode you can score tons of points with successful mission/wizard mode completions.

Can't wait.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

We should have Fantastic Four out hopefully by the end of this month, and then Civil War will follow (hopefully) a couple weeks later. No official date just yet, but as soon as we get it, I'll let you all know! I played CW, and it's pretty slick, I'm really excited for you all to play it soon

Comment

• shogun00
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                          We should have Fantastic Four out hopefully by the end of this month, and then Civil War will follow (hopefully) a couple weeks later. No official date just yet, but as soon as we get it, I'll let you all know! I played CW, and it's pretty slick, I'm really excited for you all to play it soon
                          So in other words, the plan is to have F4 release out before Halloween and for Civil War to be released out sometime in November?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by shogun00
                            So in other words, the plan is to have F4 release out before Halloween and for Civil War to be released out sometime in November?
                            That's the plan, but we all know how funky digital distribution can be. Also, with CW being released on iOS, Android, Mac, Win8, PSN and XBLA, that's a lot of work to get them synced up on the same release date. Cross your fingers and toes, people.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                              Writer of Guides
                              • Apr 2011

Well after playing ZP2 I haven't moved to PFX2 in a while and thats saying something... so im interested to see F4s enhancements etc.
                              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Working...