My first billion ever on a pinball FX3 table (fish tales)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joyrider3774
    Pinhead
    • Jan 2011

My first billion ever on a pinball FX3 table (fish tales)

Hey,

I'm no expert on pinball and i had some luck with extra balls & ball savers sometimes but it seems i just managed to score my first billion on a zen pinball fx3 table, being fishtales in this case and also recorded it

While playing this (tournament) session i also found out the long cast (run the ball around the table from right side) stack up until 5 million for each long cast done. It also seems the super jackpot is what gotten me this score (and a few normal and double jackpots), but i have to lookup what conditions need to be met to trigger them as it was the first time i had gotten them well a few of them.

i did not win the tournament though with this score some actually beat my score quite fast after it so still have to learn

Anyway here is the video
    Last edited by joyrider3774; 11-06-2018, 08:01 PM.
  • StickyBuns
    • Oct 2018

Jackpots are triggered during multiball by hitting the eject and then the spinner. I believe you have to get three jackpots to trigger super jackpots which are had by hitting the captive ball. And that is indeed the key to huge scores. Amazing score for tournament play! What rank did you get on the leaderboards?

Comment

• joyrider3774
      Pinhead
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by StickyBuns
      Jackpots are triggered during multiball by hitting the eject and then the spinner. I believe you have to get three jackpots to trigger super jackpots which are had by hitting the captive ball. And that is indeed the key to huge scores. Amazing score for tournament play! What rank did you get on the leaderboards?
      I'll Try to get the 3 jackpots thing tonight and see if it enables the super jackpot. I was playing in tournament mode i only become 2nd in the tournament but somehow it seems the scores gained in the tournament mode of the game online don't show up in the leader boards (i looked afterwards but could not find it) it seems those scores are just not mentioned there but i'll verify again tonight

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

Well done! Welcome to the Billionaires club! I remembered when I scored it on the Wolverine table that there was an audible congratulations from Wolverine. Once you get your first one, it becomes easier to repeat it again on other tables.

This tutorial on the real life table shows how the jackpots work etc.
        Last edited by Cloda; 11-07-2018, 11:02 AM.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• joyrider3774
          Pinhead
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Cloda
          Well done! Welcome to the Billionaires club! I remembered when I scored it on the Wolverine table that there was an audible congratulations from Wolverine. Once you get your first one, it becomes easier to repeat it again on other tables.

This tutorial on the real life table shows how the jackpots work etc.
          Thanks i'll have a look at the video, i'm not sure i will easily get a billion on another table, i find the fish tales table quite easy to score big points some of the other tables i can't seem to find big score hot spots like in fish tales for example using the "long cast stacking" or after launching a ball immediatly placing it as a ball locked (starts at 2 million and stacks up with a million every time you succeed in quickly doing it quickly after ball launch). the triggering of multiball is also quite easy here. But i must admit that i did not look up any video guides yet, it's fun sometimes to find it out by yourself

Comment

• McLovin
            Marketing Manager
            • Apr 2017

Wow, welcome to the billionares club! Well done.

Comment

• zaphod77
              Pinball Wizard
              • Mar 2012

collecting three jackpots in multiball lights the super jackpot. progress is remembered between multiballs.

once the super is lit, it can be collected an unlimited number of times, but after collection, it unlights when multiball ends, resetting all multiball progress. the next super jackpot when lit will usually be 100M higher.

it is doubled by a max multiball score powerup. Multiball and ball saver are thus the most useful passive powerups on the table, to allow for punding on the captive ball repeatedly for doubled super jackpots while the ball saver is running.

I'm a member of the 30 billion club on zen mode for this table. see my how to pwn fish tales thread for how it's done.

Comment

• Cloda
                Pinball Wizard
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by joyrider3774
                Thanks i'll have a look at the video, i'm not sure i will easily get a billion on another table, i find the fish tales table quite easy to score big points some of the other tables i can't seem to find big score hot spots like in fish tales for example using the "long cast stacking" or after launching a ball immediatly placing it as a ball locked (starts at 2 million and stacks up with a million every time you succeed in quickly doing it quickly after ball launch). the triggering of multiball is also quite easy here. But i must admit that i did not look up any video guides yet, it's fun sometimes to find it out by yourself
                Of the new tables, try Getaway. It also has big Jackpots that you score during multi ball. If you want to consistently score Billion+ scores, you have to learn how to play in such a way that you play as safe as possible (kickbacks, magna saves etc., learn what risky shots to avoid etc.). You are welcome to look at my thread linked in my signature: There you will find new player tips e.g. this one, and strategy guides for how to approach a table strategically and systematically to first beat the wizard mode and then score big such as for Sorcerers Lair or Fantastic Four.

I'm not a big fan of spammable modes e.g. Fish Tails, where you only have one or two modes that you can go for to score big. I much rather enjoy tables where you score your big scores by completing the wizard mode e.g. Fantastic Four. It is much more interesting in the long run and I don't have the time or the patience to go for massive big scores on spammable tables. Paranormal is the ultimate spammable table where you will certainly be able to score a Billion... I scored a trillion after a 24 hour game and then I never played it again
                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                  • Jun 2017

Big congrats!
                  I still remember my first billion+ score on World War Hulk.
                  Exhilarating feeling

btw
                  Nice video too.

Comment

Working...