X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Abrakadabra! Williams Pinball Volume 3 arrives March 19

It’s no illusion - Williams Pinball Volume 3 arrives with Theatre of Magic, The Champion Pub and Safe Cracker!

We’ve been seeing the energy of the community ramping up as we started the year. We read every new tweet, comment or email that said ‘Just give at least a hint of Volume 3!’ with a proud smile. Now the time is here to tell you about the newest additions to the Pinball FX3 library.

Forum_theater.jpg

Theatre of Magic has been one of the most requested tables since we announced our Williams partnership last year - well deserved for a table that’s Top 20 on Pinside and the #3 table in the International Pinball Database! This Bally classic presents a shadowy old theatre where wondrous powers have lain dormant for years. Meet the ravishing young magician who vanishes into her magician’s hat, and floats in mid-air, or levitate balls in the Spirit Ring - you’ll see this old venue holds many secrets…

champion_forum.jpg

A The Champion Pub machine has been the jewel of the Zen Studios office for years. With only 1369 units produced, this rare game is a pleasure to walk by every day. Come on in and pound a few in this Bally pinball classic and become The Pub Champion! You’ll have all the equipment you need to train for this prestigious title, including a heavy bag, a speed bag and the part Tom mentions in the video - the jump rope!

safecracker_forum.jpg

On Safe Cracker, you work against the clock to break into the bank vault that holds magic tokens. But this won’t be an easy feat, the bank is full of guards, laser beams, alarms, exploding gifts and even cyber-dogs – yes, you heard me right, I said cyber-dogs!

So, there you go, that’s the low down on these three fantastic tables. And just like our previous Williams Pinball packs, Williams Pinball: Volume 3 is available to play both in their classic original form as well as the remastered form with updated graphics, animated toys, and a host of new features!

You’ll hear more about this new Volume if you check in with us on social media! Either on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit or Discord. We'll also update you regularly here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by McLovin; 03-06-2019, 01:24 PM.
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

First McLuvin, thanks for posting this, but in regard to your statement that many, many, many (yes, I read them so I know there are many) posts asking for a hint of volume 3, this is hardly a hint as its already completed and ready for sell and no different than your typical marketing strategy which is to not say a single thing until it's ready and I'm certain it's because no matter what it is that your team decides to make, market and sale that unless you created Indiana Jones pinball many would still be unhappy, so I get it.

Licenses. So, I doubt you will change your marketing practices anytime soon for the reasons posted above, but you could, and I highly suggest it, instead of just letting us all ask and pray for specific tables, knowing full well that perhaps some of these tables may not even be available to you within your licensing agreement, let us know what that agreement entails. I mean, is Indiana Jones a possibility within the current licensing agreement or are you just allowed to recreate CLASSIC williams/bally tables, and if so where is the date cut off?

I am looking forward to the new tables, but before I purchase them I hope you will patch the current williams table issues and then shortly after provide patch notes.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• Mr230268
      Pinball Fan
      • Oct 2018

Tom

Great, Theater of Magic! I can‘t wait to play it 😊

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by McLovin
        "...We read every new tweet, comment or email that said ‘Just give at least a hint of Volume 3!’ with a proud smile.
        …While ignoring the thread about the 100+ cheated scores in the game for months now.
        I imagine you ignore that thread with a big grin
        Last edited by MuddyWolf_Beta; 03-06-2019, 07:58 PM. Reason: water

Comment

• McLovin
          Marketing Manager
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by MuddyWolf_Beta
          …While ignoring the thread about the 100+ cheated scores in the game for months now.
          I imagine you ignore that thread with a big grin
          Trying to root out the cheaters as we are able. We want to be careful not to convict without very good proof. We do removed a lot of scores that tested positive (from the top of my head there was one Adventure Land score I particurarly remember.) It's an ongoing project

Comment

• Vincent
            Pinball Wizard
            • Sep 2010

Any code giveaway for the quickest faithful players ?

Comment

• McLovin
              Marketing Manager
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Mr230268
              Great, Theater of Magic! I can‘t wait to play it ��
              I never realized that Tom is presenting TOM.

Comment

• HighFive
                • Sep 2018

Oh yeah, cant wait! Again have mixed opinion about Safe Cracker and Champion Pub, but if it does like it did with me with Black Rose and Party Zone, i will be extremely happy! Your game engine makes the pinballs feel better than what we use to play in TPA.

BTW, any words if we will get a discount on IOS at the launch to buy the no.3 pack at regular price? ( like the one we got to get the 7 tables for console price? ). That would be extremely welcomed.

Comment

• Vincent
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Sep 2010

Very windy today...

Comment

• pbo
                    • Nov 2018

Trying to root out the cheaters as we are able. We want to be careful not to convict without very good proof. We do removed a lot of scores that tested positive (from the top of my head there was one Adventure Land score I particurarly remember.) It's an ongoing project
                    You may also check Wizard Score and Superscore, there are dozens of CODEX entries there, that's not even cheating, it is pirating.

Comment

• Joco77
                      • Feb 2015

Volume 3

Rossz helyre kommenteltem. Tehát akkor ide írom, köszi szépen srácok! A Champion Pub miatt nagyon várom ezt a packot, klassz lesz névnapomon kipróbálni ezeket a csodálatos táblákat

Comment

• cantankerous--
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Nov 2016

Just the posting of multiple scores all ending in zeroes over and over by the same handful of players is not enough? One day, when I am in court for whatever made up reason for this manufactured example I hope you and the rest of your crack team of cheat investigators are in the jurors box, because I'm certain I willl get off scott free.
                        Last edited by cantankerous--; 03-07-2019, 12:35 PM.
                        Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
                        2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
                        3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
                        sigpic

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                          • Jun 2017

I mostly play the time challenges so I just checked those leaderboards on Adventure Land and on top of the 5 minute challenge rankings sits the cheater Sidsational with a 222.000.000 score (he’s a level 1 ‘player’ ) and at number 7, there’s Ardenwolfe with another impossible six zero digit score, 181.000.000.

No different on Survival, except that they are numbers 3 and 4. Here, Ardenwolfe is in the lead with 419.000.000 with Sidsational on his tail with 409.000.000.

Just start with removing these six zero digit scores! How difficult can it be? Really, I appreciate every project that bans cheaters from the game but for this there is no excuse.

You’ve been aware of these cheaters and of this cheat for at least 9 months now. Please don’t hide behind ignorance. I know you long enough to take your intelligence seriously. You know these scores are impossible in our universe, you don’t have to research this, so remove them please.

I’m looking forward to the new tables but this kind of spoils the fun in a big way

Btw
                          Thanks for the reply. Finally.
                          Right now, I'm pretty pissed at you in Zen's name but I hope you're doing okay personally of course.
                          Last edited by MuddyWolf_Beta; 03-08-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Cloda
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Nov 2010

Tricks shots not possible

I posted this in another forum but I would like to hear how the members here feel about it...

I took a look at a video of Theatre of Magic to get an idea, as I didn't play TPA and I unfortunately don't have access to real tables here in South Africa. Anyway, in the tutorial video of Theatre of Magic, Bowen Kerins time and time again live catch the ball on the right flipper as it come out of the right loop. He states that it is probably the most important and critical play for success on this table (e.g. 26min15). I don't know about you guys, but I have been trying to do a live catch since the get go with the Williams / Bally tables, and I just can't get it right (even by mistake). Not even talking about all the skills that he employs in the video (e.g. tip-flip of the edge of the flipper - 24min05). I know there is skill involved with these tricks, but I do expect to get them right by chance every now and then and I just don't see it happening. I hope Zen fine-tunes their physics engine as they did show that these skills were possible to do in one of their first videos on the Williams tables.

The next is my response to somebody saying it is basically a skill that is tought to master but you can learn it...

The thing that gets me is that I have been playing the game quite a lot, always on pro difficulty and am a decent player (e.g. completed Medieval Madness - Battle for the Kingdom), but I can count on my one hand where I have pulled off a live catch... only by chance. I would expect that it would happen from time to time from chance but it happens sparingly. I try each time I launch the ball on e.g. Fish Tales and the other tables where it should be possible, and it is not happening. I specifically look out for it in Pro videos (e.g. LUP’s Club guys) and the same story there, it is not happening. So, from my perspective it appear to be a lot harder to pull off than in real life. Anyway, I’m still enjoying the tables but hope that Zen will fine-tune the physics so that these skill tricks become more doable in future.

P.S. - Here is an old video of mine (pre-Williams Zen physics) that hopefully give the idea that I'm skilled enough that I should be able to pull of some tricks from time to time.
                            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• raulramos
                              Pinball Fan
                              • Dec 2018

Ball mechanic update?

Hi

Thanks for this new Volume.

Any news about changes on the mechanic/(ball movement)/Dynamic/(Interaction with the table, like targets for example) of the Ball(s)?

Cya

Raul

Comment

Working...