This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nod Nolan
    • Sep 2010

Surely Microsoft could easily soften the blow by simply checking for purchases on your account or looking for redeemed codes on your account. I can't see how its rocket science for them.
    Last edited by Nod Nolan; 07-16-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2012

Thanks for your feedback everyone, I will be sending your comments to all involved so hopefully we can get some sort of import deal or at least a discount for those who have purchased tables on Xbox 360. I will update this thread with news if/when we get it.

Comment

• zebwinz
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
        I think a big part of it is that MS did not expect this kind of reaction from fans. We knew people wouldn't be happy about it (because we pay very close attention to what is important to you guys and what features you'd like to see). I think now that they are getting lots of negative reactions, they feel inclined to change. We're pushing them to make imports a feature available to us, fingers crossed that we can get them to do this quickly.
        Good to know, thanks for the response! Really love the tables but I can't justify spending another $100+ to play them again.

Comment

• Ashecorvus
          • Jul 2014

I think a big part of it is that MS did not expect this kind of reaction from fans. We knew people wouldn't be happy about it (because we pay very close attention to what is important to you guys and what features you'd like to see). I think now that they are getting lots of negative reactions, they feel inclined to change. We're pushing them to make imports a feature available to us, fingers crossed that we can get them to do this quickly.
          One thing you may want to look at is why Dance Central is importing tracks but you guys can't import tables. I agree with the poster above that I understand there's cost involved with bringing the tables over and the work you guys put into the engine and ui. I don't think as many people would be upset if the PS4 owners had to pay too, but that's just simply not the case. Good luck and I hope you guys can figure it out with MS.
          Last edited by Ashecorvus; 07-16-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
            Writer of Guides
            • Apr 2011

Hopefully Microsoft will see sense and allow a Import Function to be implemented.
            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Matt McLean
              • Jul 2014

Joining the majority I see

I'm just voicing my displeasure with this action taken by Microsoft. I know it comes down to Xbox 360 and Xbox One are on slightly different architectures and databases, but come on, you should be able to transfer the purchases over. It might be time consuming, but someone needs to fix this.

I hate, hate, hate purchasing the same game over and over again. If I buy a digital version of something (books, music, videos) it should be able to be played on a new piece of hardware. For whatever reason, Microsoft has taken a step backward in terms of their video games policy. I've spend a lot of money on Pinball FX tables, since I own them all.

I don't want to blame Zen Studios here. I fully blame Microsoft. Look, if they can somehow track a purchase made from Windows Phone database, how come they can't track purchases made on Xbox 360? They allowed you to "upgrade" Halo: Spartan Assault for $5 if you previously purchased on Windows Phone. It seems to me that it should work the same way. Heck, all my video content that I purchased is still on Xbox Video, regardless of where and when I purchased it.

I'm more than willing to pay a small "upgrade" fee to play the tables that I have already purchased on Xbox One. Right now, though, I'm afraid I'll just stick with my 360 to play Pinball FX2.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Ashecorvus
                One thing you may want to look at is why Dance Central is importing tracks but you guys can't import tables. I agree with the poster above that I understand there's cost involved with bringing the tables over and the work you guys put into the engine and ui. I don't think as many people would be upset if the PS4 owners had to pay too, but that's just simply not the case. Good luck and I hope you guys can figure it out with MS.
                Thanks - do you by chance have any links (preferably from a Harmonix site) where it says you can import tracks? I've heard about this but not seen anything official.

Comment

• Ashecorvus
                  • Jul 2014

Thanks - do you by chance have any links (preferably from a Harmonix site) where it says you can import tracks? I've heard about this but not seen anything official.

That's from their forums. Second question answered in second post.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/disc...bone-questions

That's from their forums. Second question answered in second post.
                    Thanks - I appreciate the link, though I'm not sure how official it is, the person who answered the question is just listed as a registered user, not a mod or Harmonix rep. But.. I have friends at Harmonix I can ask. Thanks again!

Comment

• kelanflyter
                      • Oct 2010

On Xbox One could we play online like the Xbox360 version, or is the feature missing like on WiiU/PS4 ?

Comment

• Ashecorvus
                        • Jul 2014

Thanks - I appreciate the link, though I'm not sure how official it is, the person who answered the question is just listed as a registered user, not a mod or Harmonix rep. But.. I have friends at Harmonix I can ask. Thanks again!
                        I'll keep looking at my end and if I find anything more official I'll let you know.

Edit: Just found this article where they say it's just the DLC, not the on disc content. The only problem is they don't give a reference. Maybe I can listen to Harmonix podcasts later where they talk about the game.

Comment

• IlovePinball
                          • Jul 2014

Just registered to add myself to the list. I've bought pretty much every table for Pinball FX2 on the 360 and was very pleased to hear that it was being released on the Xbox One, however reading further I found that I would have to re-buy all of them again not even at a discount to play them on my Xbox One, I think that's wrong and on top of that PS3 players can import them to PS4 which makes it even worse in my opinion.

I love the Pinball games that ZEN Studios make and I think they are unrivaled, but I wont be buying anymore tables after this until I am able to import tables bought on the 360 to the Xbox One like people can with the Playstation.

Also I agree with Matt McLean, he said it perfectly.

Hopefully something can get sorted out, thanks

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

I'll keep looking at my end and if I find anything more official I'll let you know.

Edit: Just found this article where they say it's just the DLC, not the on disc content. The only problem is they don't give a reference. Maybe I can listen to Harmonix podcasts later where they talk about the game.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/06...al-only/88942/
                            Awesome, thank you!

Originally posted by IlovePinball
                            Just registered to add myself to the list. I've bought pretty much every table for Pinball FX2 on the 360 and was very pleased to hear that it was being released on the Xbox One, however reading further I found that I would have to re-buy all of them again not even at a discount to play them on my Xbox One, I think that's wrong and on top of that PS3 players can import them to PS4 which makes it even worse in my opinion.

I love the Pinball games that ZEN Studios make and I think they are unrivaled, but I wont be buying anymore tables after this until I am able to import tables bought on the 360 to the Xbox One like people can with the Playstation.

Also I agree with Matt McLean, he said it perfectly.

Hopefully something can get sorted out, thanks
                            Thanks! And yes, delivering this news today felt really awful after just announcing all the new stuff to import from PS3/Vita to PS4. Definitely want to be able to be as fair as possible when it comes to our products. I hope you decide to stick around the forums even after we get this sorted out (as you can see I'm VERY optimistic that we'll be able to get you what you want )

Comment

• Phobos790
                              • Sep 2012

Sad news. I'm one of Zen Studio's biggest fans of both PB FX and Zen Pinball. I have them both from the beginning on Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and even Wii U. Working to get my Pro Score in the top 10 on PS4 and was looking forward to the Xbox One PB FX 2/3 as I just picked up an XB1 last week.

Very disappointed with Microsoft (folks, don't blame Zen) but hopefully when MS sees the backlash when compared to what their competition has done, maybe it'll be rectified.

I hate to say it but if this is the case, I'll skip PB FX2 on XB1 and wait for FX3. I was talking to my friend last night about what could possibly happen with FX3 and it would be great if it were a whole new platform with new and unique tables/features and no import issues. I wouldn't mind at all.

Have to say that it always confused me why there were two different platforms on both systems. Early on, there were more unique tables to each system but since, most have crossed over and it's become a mess. Did I really need to buy Star Wars tables on 3 different platforms? No, but I did.

It would've made sense to make everything "Zen Pinball" on all systems going forward next gen with the same table availability. I think Zen has started to lose their customer's focus lately with all the platforms incl mobile and the mish mash of tables on different systems.

I was half excited/half dreading working on all the tables on XB1 but this decision has made my choice to skip it easy. I'll continue to focus on PS4 and hope that this gets worked out but I really feel that Zen needs to look at this brand for the future and unify it.
                              Table wishlist: Tron . Halo . Gears of War . Final Fantasy . Robot/Mechs . Golf . Pool/Billiards

Comment

• Icedry
                                • Jan 2012

I'm simply disgusted.

Ms fault? Maybe. But why was possible from Pinball fx to Pinball fx2?
                                I think that all of this is due to id@box program. If the game come out like an live arcade I'm pretty sure that none of this happend.

I'm waiting to play my tables on xbox one since I bought the console, but now if the things dosen't change I will never buy a single table, in any platform.

It's very simple to say "is Microsoft fault that you have to pay us for something that you already own"... But you understand that is not only MS that take advantage from this matter no?

I love Zen studios, and as you can see from my table's list I had buy ALL the tables (sometimes twice, on x360 and ps3) but this is simply unacceptable.

Comment

Working...